The Fighting Spirit - Part 2

Phenyl

Instead of fully proofreading, I decided to post it so for once I won't be totally lying when I say "I'll get it done by X." SO HERE YOU GO! Also, if you want to be totally awesome and adorable and awesodorable, you can feel free to drop some grammar/spelling fixes on me.

Just in case you need a refresher: Part 1

The Fighting Spirit - Part 2

After mulling over the details, Gunnar decided his best course of action would be to just trust END for now. He wrote down everything he wanted in a bulleted format, just so he could minimize any chance of his wishes resulting in something he didn't want. After he was finished, he eagerly gave the paper of his desired changes over to END.

". . . So you're not doing the revenge thing because your daddy is awful. Wow. OK. Boring. I should mention these edits will obviously cause some conflicts with your personality, among other things. Not that it matters anyway." END skimmed over the paper again before writing in Gunnar's book. "Now you just wait."

"When does it-" After blinking, END had vanished. And with another blink, Gunnar found himself in a prism cut off from the world as he knew it. It was quite spacious, and the surface inside was mirrored. Wherever he turned he could see himself, and since he was the only thing in the prism, he could see every detail in the reflection(s).

An uneasy feeling settled in his stomach, then radiated outwards – coursing through every muscle fiber. His muscles twitched, making Gunnar believe he was shivering. As he shivered he began sweating and growing warmer with each passing second. On top of all the discomfort was an itchy feeling along his stomach and chest. He scratched to find a strange sensation, and upon closer inspection, he found the sensation was caused by hair. His chest was covered in blond hair, with a trail leading down his abs. His body hair didn't grow too long, and maintained a trimmed appearance. The hair on his head shortened a bit, keeping the shaggy appearance without obstructing his face anymore.

Gunnar's muscles grew restless, he felt like he needed to run or lift something. They pushed against his taut skin, making Gunnar's mind go haywire. It felt like he was going through an intense workout. His toned and lithe body quickly began changing into something quite different. His upper body widened thanks to his bulging muscles, and that pathetic "U shape" his torso once made transformed into a muscled V. His shoulders were broader and his blown-up traps made his head look as if it were resting on a mountain of muscle. As his eyes drifted downward he could see his abs bulge out further, with his obliques sharpening; making an inviting Adonis belt form.

Gunnar ran a hand over his bulbous chest, once just two thin slabs of meat, now two mounds of unbelievable power. He silently laughed to himself as his fingers ran along his hardened pecs and abs, now covered with a generous amount of tamed light-golden body hair. He slapped his thighs, hearing a very satisfying thunk of hitting a solid mass. His quads were ridiculously huge, causing his stance to widen just to accommodate his new size. Beneath them were shapely calves and bigger feet too. He noticed his hands were larger too; that's when he finally figured out it was because his body was bigger in terms of width and height.

Gunanr struck a double bicep pose, taking great pleasure in what he saw. Two moderately huge mounds of power grew in size as he flexed, veins snaking around them. He leaned forward and flexed his chest, noticing his muscles were incredibly striated. He couldn't handle how great he looked. His body was so massively powerful for a 20 year old, and the cherry on top was the fact his moderate amount of body hair didn't hide any of his muscle's definition. Although, his face was still clean shaven to show off his newly chiseled looks.

"Grant and Gunnar combined equals this, huh?" Gunnar patted the front of his crotch and grinned. He knew he wasn't just a full-fledged Grant, he was much more. "No wonder why my genes were so screwed up before. . . I'm so hot that it's unfair. Damn, look at these traps. Nobody's slipping a headlock on me. . . These thighs. . . No more needing momentum to hurt someone. . . And punching. . . Whoa, I bet I could break bones with just a tap. . ."

Gunnar was too busy enjoying his body to really focus on the mental aspects of his being. He was unaware of his mind slipping. Now. . . He had always been a dedicated fighter powered by rigorous training. So he went from a straight A student to a straight C student. He wasn't dumb, but his mind was now focused on being a fighter; being a real Grant man. His skill sets shifted to reflect his new reality, and even his speech patterns and way of carrying himself changed. Overall, one might say he was more intense. Somewhat like his father. The prism faded away and placed him into a different looking room, but he knew it was still his. His old memories and new ones conflicted, making it hard for him to adjust.

Instead of slumping over a bit, Gunnar now stood tall, making his 6'1" of height seem like more. He shrugged his shoulders and blinked a few times, trying to get his bearings back into place before he explored his room. The bed was now a queen size, and his room looked a lot blanker than before. Almost as if he rarely spent time in his room anymore. His old mirror was gone replaced, by a mirror that took up half of the wall by his new walk in closet. He peaked inside to see one side packed with fitness gear. But what caught his eye the most was a pair of shorts made of atypical material. He looked at them and looked at what was under them. Gear for his feet and hands, accompanied by a mouthpiece container.

"These are. . ." He held up the shorts, his eyes fixated on the slight shimmer of the material. Gunnar searched his mind, "I'm. . . Actually. . . A MMA fighter? Like my dad?"

Gunnar dropped the shorts and backed out of the closet. His head was spinning, soon taking his entire body along with him. He managed to bolt out of his room and down to the trophy room, each step was loud. Gunnar tried his best to stop it, but his large body refused to be unheard throughout the house. He saw a glimpse of his father but ignored him so he could finally make it to the trophy room. He burst through the door and gasped, almost dropping to his knees and crying.

There it was. His own section lined with pictures, medals, and trophies. He spotted things from bodybuilding competitions, tae kwon do tournaments, high school wrestling, and things of the sort. He didn't look like a Grant due to his refined looks and blond hair, but he succeeded just as much as any other Grant. . . If not more! Gunnar thought things would turn out decently, but he didn't think they would be so perfect.

"Really Gunnar?" Gunnar's mind did a backflip when he heard his father actually say his first name. "It's good to be motivated and proud, but you look like a woman who just watched The Titanic for the first time. . . That is the only date I ever regret going on with your mother."

Gunnar turned to face his father, but almost regret that he did. His father was in his boxer briefs instead of his standard pajama pants and tanktop combo. He did not need to see his dad almost naked. Gunnar then realized he was wearing something similar. He felt like his face should be on fire right about now, but it wasn't. It felt like the norm for the two Grant men, apparently.

However, Gary's body was not of the norm; it was different. No more gut, no more fat at all. His body was even more muscular. It occurred to Gunnar that now his father was huge. Having healthy competition living in the same household has been good for Gary. The two men fiercely worked out and kept each other motivated to eat healthy as well as be the best they can be. His father was still a hairy ape, but even then, his muscular definition had Gunnar feeling quite envious. He shrugged a bit of the envy off by reminding himself that he and Gary share the same genes, he knew he'd be like his father one day. . . Minus the hair, hopefully.

"Uh, yeah, sorry dad." Gunnar laughed, "I just had a weird dream is all."

"Well after those hits you took yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised." He smiled, "So, how about you get washed up and get ready for breakfast?"

Gunnar shook his head, "I have school, though. I don't have time."

"Uh. . . Son?" Gary tilted his head, "Did those knocks to the noggin mess up your head? You graduated over 2 years ago."

"From college?"

". . . No, from high school." Gary's look of concern deepened. It made Gunnar feel bad for worrying his father, but it made him feel a bit happy that his father actually cared. "Are you sure you're OK? I'm impressed and proud that you withstood two hooks from Haymaker Hector – then took him down. But don't shrug it off if you're head's a bit messed up. There's no shame in being hurt, you know. Should I take you to the hospital or what?"

"No, no, no, dad!" Gunnar frantically waved his hands in front of him, "I'm fine, I'm fine. I just got confused is all. . . I guess I'm still half asleep. Weird dreaming and all, y'know, and stuff like that."

"If you say so, Gunny." Gary sighed, "Just splash your face with some cold water to take the edge off, then come on back downstairs for breakfast."

"Yeah dad, gotcha, will do. I got a lot to do today anyway, so I should get it together." Gunnar winced as he heard himself speak. Wait, what things? Gunnar knew his life was different, but the fact his old one was falling away and the new one was easily settling in just didn't feel right.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Gunnar remembered what his day would entail. He had another fight, according to Google. Googling his name also brought up some very interesting things. He was apparently on many men's fitness magazines and fight magazines. He had tons of posters. He even made a couple of attention-focusing cameos that were plastered all over Youtube.

"This is ridiculous." Gunnar stated as he scrolled through everything related to him.

"I know right? I didn't think it'd be this stupidly ridiculous. Maybe you were wiry for a reason." A familiar voice called out to him. "Like. For real. I didn't even write in all of this."

"H-hey! Don't do that!" Gunnar spun his computer chair around to face the intruder. "But you're right. This is too much. . . Maybe I shouldn't have asked for this."

"Well it was just a quick change. Activate some genes and then deactivate the others. It just happened to be extremely effective is all."

"My dad looks happy though." Gunnar smiled, "He called me Gunnar and Gunny all within two minutes. It feels good to hear him say my name. . . I don't really feel like a failure anymore."

"Not a failure to him, anyway." END rolled her eyes. "So, anyway, you have two more edits coming your way. Whenever you want them, just write them down on a piece of paper. At the top write or type in all caps, TO END. Then put your name in all caps at the bottom. It's easier to find that way."

"I have a fight later." Gunnar wanted to change the subject as he went to go look in the mirror. "What do I do?"

"It's all there in your head. It'll be there when you need it."

"But. . . My head?" Gunnar rubbed his temples. Though it went from one gesture into a full double bicep flex. "I feel like I'm forgetting a lot of things."

"Well, a change in your entire timeline does that. You'll start remembering some things and forgetting others. It's no big deal." END pulled out a notepad with a pencil attached to it. She handed it to Gunnar. And by handed, I mean she threw it at him to pull him back down to earth. Gunnar didn't even turn around. "If you want a twin to make out with, I can totally make that happen too."

"No, no, no! I don't need that." Gunnar was quite embarrassed, to say the least. "Oh hey, I wanted to ask you. Why do you even do this?"

"I literally just pick a name out of a huge rolodex. Though if there are some magical mishaps, like say a kid who was stealing attributes from people and didn't even know it – but then was punished for it severely – I would go fix that instead. And yes, that kind of thing happens more than it should."

"Like what kind of punishment do they get?"

"You don't even want to know. It's usually some really fucked up stuff. Though it totally sucks because magic stuff is hard to undo without the rest of the world noticing. Don't worry though, your three edits are basically one giant magic spell anyway. By the way, you should totally warm up before your fight today. Your toughest opponent will be waiting for you."

"Wait, what do you mean?" Gunnar turned around to see nobody there. The notepad END threw earlier was lying on the floor, so he picked it up and placed it in his gym bag without really thinking about it. "Toughest opponent, huh? All that comes to mind is a guy named. . . Mathew Massey? Hmph. Fine Mathew Massey. Let's see what you've got."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Love this concept and how it's turning out.  Also very cool that Gunnar isn't a dick and choose to not do the "revenge" thing.  :)

• Upvote 1

Love this concept and how it's turning out.  Also very cool that Gunnar isn't a dick and choose to not do the "revenge" thing.   :)

Yeah, I thought it'd make very little sense for him to do that. So I made it clear that it was a choice he could pick, but didn't. Just to kind of point out what kind of guy he is before stuff happens. If stuff happens, anyway.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...