AJ & Noah

muscleaddict

This chapter was another triumph.

At some point after the first words of love have been exchanged between our guys, it would be interesting to hear AJ ask Noah, "Would you love me if I wasn't a bodybuilder?"  A lot could flow from that one question.

• Like 2

"There were even a few surprise scary bits in the film, where AJ jumped and squeezed my hand harder. I found it so fucking adorable that AJ jumped more than I did."

"I felt proud to be his."

"The only thing I felt was an unexpected sort of hope. That they’d one day find someone as special as AJ, who made them feel even half of how he made me feel."

Stop being so cute, I hate you. But, really, amazing chapter as always, it was great to see them interacting out in public and becoming more comfortable over time. I think the date helped to strengthen their relationship, and I imagine it might trigger, or allow for, more to come. I really love that you are allowing us to see their relationship grow, whereas a lot of other stories might end the moment they got together. Please keep the chapters coming!

Can I also say that I could see you writing a full blown book? A lot of what's out there is just complete erotica, which rarely has the lovely romance you add, or your talent for writing. Then, there is far less quality gay love stories, which often avoid the sex, which, in the case of your story, makes everything more realistic even though the main focus is rightfully and clearly the romance. Thus, I could really see you writing a book that is real and good in its execution, where you tell me everything that is going on with two guys growing together. 

• Like 2

On 10/27/2018 at 12:26 AM, stewbake said:

Parts of this chapter ring so true for me and finally coming to terms with who I am. Good work?

That's awesome to hear, mate! ?

20 hours ago, crushme99 said:

This chapter was another triumph.

At some point after the first words of love have been exchanged between our guys, it would be interesting to hear AJ ask Noah, "Would you love me if I wasn't a bodybuilder?"  A lot could flow from that one question.

Noah already pretty much said he would towards the end of chapter 25, mate. Although it was "like you just as much" rather than love!

9 hours ago, Austinevenson42 said:

Stop being so cute, I hate you.

But it's not me! It's AJ and Noah! ?

9 hours ago, Austinevenson42 said:

Can I also say that I could see you writing a full blown book? A lot of what's out there is just complete erotica, which rarely has the lovely romance you add, or your talent for writing. Then, there is far less quality gay love stories, which often avoid the sex, which, in the case of your story, makes everything more realistic even though the main focus is rightfully and clearly the romance. Thus, I could really see you writing a book that is real and good in its execution, where you tell me everything that is going on with two guys growing together. 

I'd love to have a go at writing a proper novel, and I feel that I will. I've avoided saying it for fear of scaring people off but as we're now more than two thirds of the way through the story I guess there's no harm in saying that this story is actually novel length. Whether it would actually be classed as a novel and what genre I'm not sure (I tend to not think about genres and just write what I want to write).

And this might not sound like an appealing idea on a board such as this, but I'd love to have a go at writing a non muscle fiction novel. Whether that would be classed as romance, or contempary fiction, I'm not sure, but there'd probably be similar elements to this story. Boy meets boy. AJ & Noah without the huge biceps and talk of shredded freaks and shiny, tiny posing trunks (hmmm...that doesn't sound like much fun)! Obviously it would be lot less sexually explicit too (though contemporary fiction allows for a little of that)! Whether or not I could actually pull that off or whether anyone would be interested in reading it would be a completely different matter! I might give it a go and decide to stick to what I know best! Cocky freaks in shiny posers!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, muscleaddict said:

And this might not sound like an appealing idea on a board such as this, but I'd love to have a go at writing a non muscle fiction novel. 

Well books like Love, Simon and Call Me by Your Name had solid followings before they became movies, the latter being an example of something more explicit, both not involving an overly muscular guy. So there is a market for gay romance novels for sure, and like I said I think the primary issue has been them not being that well written or good, unlike these two which more so are. But, I think you have the talent to pull something like that off, even if it was just the romance though. With that said, I think involving some muscle, wouldn't necessarily have to be crazy, could be what sets your novel apart. Obviously though, I don't think you'd have to include it as a major part of the story, or a part of that story at all, to write something truly great. In the end, I would recommend doing what feels most comfortable though, like if you chose to not include muscles for x, y, and z reasons, it might not feel true to your style, or maybe it really wouldn't matter for you. Just something to consider I guess, either way I'd read it!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Austinevenson42 said:

Well books like Love, Simon and Call Me by Your Name had solid followings before they became movies, the latter being an example of something more explicit, both not involving an overly muscular guy. So there is a market for gay romance novels for sure, and like I said I think the primary issue has been them not being that well written or good, unlike these two which more so are. But, I think you have the talent to pull something like that off, even if it was just the romance though. With that said, I think involving some muscle, wouldn't necessarily have to be crazy, could be what sets your novel apart. Obviously though, I don't think you'd have to include it as a major part of the story, or a part of that story at all, to write something truly great. In the end, I would recommend doing what feels most comfortable though, like if you chose to not include muscles for x, y, and z reasons, it might not feel true to your style, or maybe it really wouldn't matter for you. Just something to consider I guess, either way I'd read it!

Funnily enough Call Me By Your Name was the book I was thinking of when I mentioned that contemporary fiction allows for more explicit scenes (I don't think I'll ever look at a peach the same way again)!

It's funny that you suggested muscle could still be a part of whatever I wrote, because after replying to your message earlier I started to think of an idea for a story and the protagonist's love interest was still fairly muscular (a sort of sporty, jock type)! ? So yes...I completely get what you're saying. It wouldn't have to include a full on shredded bodybuilder who loves to drives his boyfriend crazy by flexing in his lime green posing trunks but one of the characters could still be a fit muscle guy! And I could still make a few references to his big arms, meaty chest and defined abs (as a posed to AJ's enormous biceps, massive tits and shredded, tummy bursting ab blocks)! ?

Anyway, it's great to know that if I did have a stab at writing something away from the muscle worship/bodybuilder stuff at least one person would be interested in reading it! ?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, muscleaddict said:

Noah already pretty much said he would towards the end of chapter 25, mate. Although it was "like you just as much" rather than love!

Ooops.  ?  You're right.  I am either forgetful or inattentive or both.  LOL.

I guess I was seeing the question as a way to get Noah and AJ – actually, mainly AJ – to explore some possible insecurities and confidence issues.  Not meaning to be a psychiatrist, of course – LOL – but I sometimes wonder what emotions might reside beneath all the muscle of a serious bodybuilder like AJ.  Maybe not too much different from all the rest of us.  But perhaps AJ could find an affirmation from Noah that he has never received before which, who knows, might even make him a better bodybuilder. 

Maybe I'm getting a little too deep, but see the kind of interesting questions which your fine writing and character development draws out of us?  ?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, crushme99 said:

Ooops.  ?  You're right.  I am either forgetful or inattentive or both.  LOL.

I guess I was seeing the question as a way to get Noah and AJ – actually, mainly AJ – to explore some possible insecurities and confidence issues.  Not meaning to be a psychiatrist, of course – LOL – but I sometimes wonder what emotions might reside beneath all the muscle of a serious bodybuilder like AJ.  Maybe not too much different from all the rest of us.  But perhaps AJ could find an affirmation from Noah that he has never received before which, who knows, might even make him a better bodybuilder. 

Maybe I'm getting a little too deep, but see the kind of interesting questions which your fine writing and character development draws out of us?  ?

Hehe! No worries, matie! ? We definitely see a couple of insecurities on Noah's side but I really like the idea of seeing that from AJ too! Awesome suggestion, mate! I'd probably be able to explore that a little easier If I were to write something from AJ's perspective where I could really get inside his head! ?

Twenty Seven

I excitedly jumped in AJ’s car. Before I said anything to him, I leaned in for a kiss.

“Mmmmm! Hello!” AJ said as we parted lips.

“Hey, you!” I said.

AJ twisted his head to look at my house out of the car window. When he looked back at me, he had this mischievous look on his face.

“Is your mum in?” he asked, biting his lip.

I narrowed my eyes. “Ummm … no?” I replied, suspiciously, though I felt like I knew where AJ was heading.

“Can I see your bedroom?” he asked with his eyebrows raised, proving those suspicions right.

Fuck! The idea of AJ in my bedroom gave me an unexpected surge of excitement.

I grinned. “Whyyyy?!”

AJ gave a playful shrug. “I just wanna see it!”

My mum had gone to visit my nan. She probably wouldn’t be back for another half an hour or so, I reasoned.

“Hmmmm. OK!” I said, feeling a pinch of nerves. “Just for a bit though!” AJ was beaming. He looked like he was about to burst from excitement.

“Wow! It looks … different to how I remembered!” he said as we went inside in my parents’ house. “Still kinda smells the same, though?”

That comment surprised me. I’d noticed the exact same thing when I’d first visited his house a few weeks before. I never would have expected AJ to have noticed something like that, though.

“Hello, Little Cat!” he said, kneeling down and put his hand out as our family’s black and white cat approached him. “I remember you!”

I melted at the sight of Little Cat (as I’d named her at the age of ten) meowing as she rubbed her cheek against AJ’s hand and her furry body up against his leg.

“Your daddy’s gonna be a shredded muscle freak soon!” he said to Little Cat in a cutesy voice. I giggled and shook my head, then placed my hand on his back. I couldn’t help it. I just really wanted to touch him in that moment.

AJ stood up and I grabbed his hand and led him to my bedroom. Just like he’d done to me in his house. I felt a surge adrenaline as we climbed the stairs. Taking a boy I liked to my bedroom in my parent’s house for the very first time.

“You re-decorated!” AJ said, as he looked around the room, giddily grinning. “Still only got the single bed?”

“Hmmm!” I replied, squeezing his hand.

“Looks cosy!” he said, cheekily wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

We squeezed on to the bed, me up against the wall with AJ lying next to me, his head next to mine on my pillow, his arm wrapping around my waist. It was such a fucking rush being cuddled up to AJ on my bed. I also loved the fact that he wearing his tight fitted Tesco uniform.

“Soooo … is this where you’ve fantasised about me?” AJ asked. I rolled my eyes and smirked.

“Wanked off over me?!” he asked.

I let out a loud laugh in response. “Mmmm. Maybe!” I bravely said, with one eyebrow raised, remembering the night he’d added me to Facebook and I’d wanked off over a picture of him blasting out a front lat spread on stage in his shiny, lime green posers.

“REALLY?!” AJ asked, excitedly. “That’s kinda hot!” he exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes and just dreamily grinned at him, while also blushing a little.

And then I heard a sound which made my whole body go into a state of panic. The front door opening and closing. My mum had come back home. FUUUUCKK!!

“Shit!” I whispered.

AJ bit his lip and looked at me wide eyed. He looked a little nervous, but, typically, there was a hint of excitement in his expression too. He’d mentioned a few times of how he wanted to be re-introduced to my mum again. It looked like he was about to get his wish.

“Bollocks!” I said, quietly. “We can try and sneak out?”

Something flickered across AJ’s face. Just for a second. I don’t think he was insulted. He more just looked a little hurt. Was I being unreasonable? Did he think I was embarrassed by him? Argh!! I had explained the situation to him. It wasn’t him I was embarrassed by, it was my mother. And all the questions and grief that would inevitably follow. But then, if I was being completely truthful, maybe I was a little embarrassed by him? And worried about what my mum would think? Would I be as hesitant for her to see AJ if he were just a regular sized lad like me? I felt like a dick. A massive fucking dick.

I sank my head into his huge chest and let out a little groan. I knew what I had to do. I took a deep sigh. “Ugh! Come on!” I said, pulling him off the bed.

A big, excitable grin spread across AJ’s painfully gorgeous face as I led him to my bedroom door. “Ready to be re-acquainted with my mum?!” I asked, rolling my eyes.

As we started walking down the stairs, my mum emerged from the kitchen, complaining about something my nan had said. Then she stopped dead in her tracks at the sight of AJ behind me.

“Mum! Remember AJ?” I nervously said.

Oh God!

My mum looked completely gobsmacked at the image of the huge, pumped bodybuilder bulging out of his Tesco’s work shirt waddling down the staircase. The very huge, pumped bodybuilder she’d been telling me about the week before.

“Not little AJ?” she asked.

“Hey, Mrs Cook!” AJ said, grinning warmly.

My mum’s face softened instantly. “Oh, hello, love! Gosh, you’ve grown a bit!” she gushed.

I knew that some part of my mum’s brain would be disapproving of AJ in that moment, or at least his ridiculously muscular physique, but she did a good job of hiding it. More than that, she actually looked pleased to see him. I couldn’t help feeling a warm fuzziness. It was completely unexpected considering how much I’d been dreading this very encounter occurring.

“AJ works at the gym I’ve been going to!” I explained. “As well as Tesco’s!”

“You never said!” She tutted loudly. “Oh, he’s useless!” she said, shaking her head and looking at AJ. “He never tells me anything! God knows why!”

I rolled my eyes. AJ was clearly loving it, though. I was starting to realise how AJ must have felt the week before when his mum had been embarrassing him and making him squirm in front of me.

“How’s your mum, AJ?”

“Yeah, she’s good thanks, Mrs Cook!”

Mrs Cook! I couldn’t help but grin. AJ was such a little charmer. My mum was looking at him all doughy eyed. Seemingly completely over the fact that he was “soooo muscly” and had arms “out here” as she’d demonstrated the week before.

“Maybe you can tell me who Noah keeps sneaking off to see every Friday night?”

I groaned. “Aaaand we’re off!” I said, heading to the door.

“He’s full of secrets, AJ!”

“BYE!” I said, grabbing AJ’s arm and dragging him out of the house.

“Nice to see you again, Mrs Cook!”

“Come round anytime, AJ! And tell him to stop being so secretive!” she called out.

I groaned as I shut the door. AJ was giggling. “Have you been keeping secrets from your mum, Noah?”

“UGH!”

“See!” AJ said. “That wasn’t so bad, was it?”

I breathed a deep sigh, shook my head and just grinned at AJ. He was right. It hadn’t been bad. Despite the embarrassing comments about me keeping secrets, it had actually been really nice to re-introduce AJ to my mum. And she clearly hadn’t suspected anything was going on between us, otherwise she wouldn’t have made the comment about who I’d been sneaking off to see on Friday nights, i.e. the boyfriend she’d accused me of having. She’d obviously thought the idea of me and AJ being anything more than friends was as unlikely as I had just a few weeks before. Or maybe it was just the idea of AJ being interested in boys that was the really unlikely notion?

Later on that afternoon, I was lying on AJ’s bed with my head on his chest and his arm wrapped around me, looking at the poster of American muscle monster Chris “Freaky Peaks” Jackson blowing up his insanely sized biceps.

“I’d love to be able to put pictures of bodybuilders up on my bedroom wall!” I confessed to AJ.

“Why don’t you?!” AJ asked.

“Oh yeah! I’m sure my mum would love that!”

“Well she seemed okay with the fact that I’m a shredded freak!”

I twisted my head up and he was looking down at me with a cheeky grin.
“So … do you not find bodybuilders hot?” I asked AJ.

“Bodybuilders?! UGH! No! They’re gross!” he playfully replied. I rolled my eyes and grinned at him.

“Ermm … some are kinda hot!” he said, shrugging. “I think for me, they’ve got to have a nice face? I mean … Justin Hughes!” he said, his eyes widening.

“Well … yeah!” I agreed, picturing the impossibly cute American bodybuilder and his shockingly shredded physique, who, much like me, pretty much every and any muscle addict went nuts for.

“I don’t think squeezing his biceps would have the exact same effect on me that it would on you, though!” AJ cheekily said.

I looked at me and gave me a coy grin. I felt a surge of bravery. “So you wouldn’t cream in your pants on the spot?”

AJ laughed. “No! I kinda wish I was wired that way, though. All this being turned on bodybuilders stuff. It looks fun!”

“Well, so does being a shredded freak!” I said, grinning.

He beamed back at me. “Oh, it is!”

“Hmmm. Imagine being a bodybuilder who’s turned on by bodybuilders?!” I said.

“What do you think the Cookie Monster’s gonna be?” he teased.

I giggled. “I actually don’t think I’d leave the house if I was a bodybuilder. I’d probably just spend all my time posing in front of the mirror!”

AJ released a short laugh. “Hmmm. I’d have to come round and try and tear you away from your reflection!”

I playfully shook my head. “It wouldn’t be easy! You’ve have to try and out-pose me!”

“Psssh!! That’d be piss easy! I know what turns you on, remember!”

I raised one eyebrow at him.

“Flexing and posing!” he exclaimed. “Huffing and puffing! Grunting and growling!” And then he curled his hand into a fist, flexed his bicep, scrunched his face up and growled.

I beamed in response, while my dick swelled instantly and pushed against AJ’s thigh. “See!!” AJ said in response.

I chuckled, squeezed him tighter and kissed him. We parted lips and I looked at him. I felt so close to him in that moment. And safe. Which is probably why I was brave enough to ask my new question. “So, you’re not gonna ditch me for a competitive bodybuilder then?” I said, half joking. I don’t know why I said it. It just kind of came out.

He furrowed his eyebrows in a confused look, then playfully shook his head. “NO!” he firmly said, giving me a reassuring look.

I gave a coy grin, half regretting my words. “Not even if Justin Hughes walked in and declared his undying love for you?”

AJ grinned. “I’d say, that’s really sweet of you Justin, but, unfortunately, I’ve got everything I want right here with my little Cookie!”

Fuck! My heart melted as I squeezed AJ tighter than ever.

“Little Cookie!” I repeated, giggling. I kinda loved that.

AJ cheekily grinned at me. “Soon to be The Cookie Monster!”

I dreamily grinned at him. “It’d be a shame not to take advantage of Justin, though!” I said. “I mean, if he’s made the trip all the way over here?”

AJ grinned. “Okay, I’d let you squeeze his biceps! Maaaybe a feel of his shredded abs! No kissing though. That’s just for me!”

I grinned at him lovingly. “Deal!” I said, before leaning in and greeting his lips with mine.

“Oh, Noah! You could have said something!” my mum said as I got home from AJ’s the next morning. I had been dreading hearing what she was going to say about the encounter.

“About what?” I asked, playing coy. I knew what, of course.

“AJ! The other day when I was going on about that muscly guy in Tesco’s! I had no idea it was him! You could have said you were friends with him again!”

I rolled my eyes, but my mum was handling the whole thing a lot better than I thought she would.

“Well I knew you’d just go on and on about it!” I replied.

“Oh, charming! So is that who you’ve been off gallivanting with then these past few weeks?” she asked suspiciously.

Oh God. My stomach twisted. “Erm … he’s one of the friends I’ve been hanging out with, yes. We’ve mostly just been going to the gym!”

She looked a little suspicious. Like she didn’t fully believe me. Fuck. Maybe she actually did suspect that something might be going on? A prospect which made me feel nervous, but something else too. I think maybe deep down I sort of wanted her to know about us.

“I can’t believe that’s him!” my mum continued. “I would never would have guessed. Why on Earth has he done that to himself? Gotten himself so big?”

I shrugged. “Because he wanted to!” I casually said.

“You dare get that big, Noah!”

I shook my head and climbed the stairs to my bedroom. I was partly annoyed by what my mum had said, but I also couldn’t help feeling amused at her comment about me getting too big. In any case, the whole thing has gone a hell of a lot better than I anticipated it would.

I lay on my bed, thinking about the fact that AJ had been lying there, cuddling up to me and kissing me the day before. I wished my parents would go away for the night. The idea of being squeezed up to AJ under my bed sheets with my arms wrapped around his huge mass was suddenly incredibly appealing.

My phone pinged. I excitedly reached for it, imagining it was some cheeky, funny text from AJ. My stomach twisted when I saw it was a text from Eddie instead. BOLLOCKS!

“Hey, handsome! Good to see you again the other night. Any chance I could see you properly soon?”

SHIT, BUGGERY, BOLLOCKS!! I felt so bad. There was Eddie, who I’d slept with a few weeks before, wanting and expecting to see me again. Completely oblivious to the fact I’d spent a large part of the past few weeks naked in bed with a boy who pretty much fulfilled every sexual need and desire I could ask for.

I thought about texting Eddie back and just being honest with him. “I think you’re a great guy but I’ve met someone else. I hope we can still be friends”. Or something to that effect. But however I thought to word it just made me sound like a dick who’d led him on and fucked him over. UGH!

So I took the easiest option. I ignored his text. I knew that it wasn’t the right thing to do. I knew that it made me a coward. But I also couldn’t help feeling that if Eddie really knew what I felt for AJ, that I was in hopelessly in love with him, then he’d completely understand. And that if I could somehow transfer some of those feelings to Eddie, so he could know for himself what they were like, he’d appreciate that whatever went on between him and me was completely incomparable to what was now going on with me and AJ.

I chucked my phone towards the end of the bed, rolled over to face the wall and closed my eyes. Maybe at some point I’d face up to the Eddie situation and get in touch with him? I felt sure that I would. But now was not that time. Because now I was more pre-occupied with thinking about what AJ had said to me the day before, when we’d been cuddled up on his bed. About what he’d tell American bodybuilder Justin Hughes if he declared his undying love for him. That he had everything he wanted right there with me. His “little Cookie”.

He had said it with so much conviction. And had looked so sincere. And then I was suddenly thinking about some of those things that I had worrying about that morning I’d woken up really early in AJ’s bed that I had desperately been trying not to think about. The questions of what would happen with me and AJ when the summer was over and beyond. I still didn’t know, but I was now almost sure of one thing. That this wasn’t just a casual thing for AJ. A way to pass the time during the summer. And I was sure that AJ would at least want to try and make things work once I’d gone back to university. Whether or not we would be able to was an entirely different matter.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1