I Can Fix Him (Complete story, 1/16/23, Bonus Material added 1/23/23)

TQuintA

3 hours ago, KeiraCooke said:

Absolutely wonderful! While I'm sad that Gabriel and Auggie don't get a happily ever after together, it seems like they're on the way there separately. And mayhaps there's a potential sequel with this Raphael? 🙏🙇‍♀️🙏

I would like to imagine auggie sandwiched between the two behemoths ~

• Like 4

Wow, what a great ending to a fantastic story - it's shown me a part of life (asexuality) that I knew about but have never really experienced in my lifetime. You handled the complex nature of the central relationship beautifully, while also making the characters and situations believable and relatable. Definitely one of the best stories I've read on this forum!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I might be the only person rowing in this boat, but I felt more empathetic to Douglas than to the two main characters at the end.  Auggie wrote him off because he "didn't know what he wanted," but he seemed like an average guy exploring his sexuality.  Besides, Auggie and Gabriel pretty much spent the whole time not knowing what they wanted, thinking they knew what they wanted, breaking arbitrary rules and doing things they did not want to do, gave up, and then entertained the idea of making an ersatz Gabriel at the end?  Methinks Raphael would be called the wrong name in bed if that happened...

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

This was very well written, and I want to thank TQuintA for sharing an aroace grower and for the many enjoyable chapters.

That said, this one hurt... I got my hopes up, was relieved with Douglas and the girl and so forth didn't work out after brief scares that Gabriel was into them... only for a nonbinary new friend to basically win Gabriel over as qpp. It's my fault, and TQuintA, you writing really makes me feel for the characters, but I allowed myself to feel like they were willing and capable of overcoming their conflict and when it didn't happen it felt ache-y, even with the nearly identical consolation prize.

But, on the other hand, I think a lot more stories with aroace main characters and growers could be a lot of fun. I'll just try not to get unrealistic expectations next time. Thanks again for such great writing.

I could use some big muscular hugs.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jwood said:

I might be the only person rowing in this boat, but I felt more empathetic to Douglas than to the two main characters at the end.  Auggie wrote him off because he "didn't know what he wanted," but he seemed like an average guy exploring his sexuality.  Besides, Auggie and Gabriel pretty much spent the whole time not knowing what they wanted, thinking they knew what they wanted, breaking arbitrary rules and doing things they did not want to do, gave up, and then entertained the idea of making an ersatz Gabriel at the end?  Methinks Raphael would be called the wrong name in bed if that happened...

Hey!  Mikey!  Err... Donnie.   Uhm... Leo?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

This was such a fantastic story. The past few years I've been discovering and exploring my asexual side. The way it is such a big part of compatibility is at times terrifying. Representation of it around kink is awesome. Thank you.

• Like 1

TQuintA - 

You've done it again! You've taken the gay "muscle-growth-equals-studly-muscly-happiness-forever-after" trope and put it on its head!

If nothing else, this story illustrated the complexities of people's feelings and personalities in real life. 

Auggie is never satisfied - no matter how amazing things seem to be in his social life- his friends, his roommate/fiance, the open communication --- he's never satisfied.  Frankly, the married couple who had sex to only have kids had the best relationship - everyone got what they wanted - sex or companionship, plus kids.  Auggie and Grey are  only a short term arrangement before Auggie moves on to the next muscle monster boyfriend in the making.

Is the sex act worth it?  Yes, it can be awesome, but it's only a part of a well-lived life. I don't know, but I think a lot of people would have taken what Auggie and Gabriel had and thanked their lucky stars it happened.  The sex wouldn't have been a deal breaker.  Live long enough and your interests shift.  Sure, getting your rocks off is fun, but there are other priorities in life.  The married straight couple have it easier in a way, because their marriage becomes about the family - spouses and kids.  If two people DON'T have kids - what keeps them together?  Shared experiences and values, similar points of view - those are part of it.  

Auggie and Gabriel go their separate ways.  It's interesting because all the muscle growth story trophes are there, but the muscles outside of sex aren't enough for people like Auggie.  For Gabriel, everything but the sex is important.  

Well done!  Your writing is evocative, compelling, believable but NEVER predictable!

Thank you for this story!

• Like 3