Father Knows Best (Chapter 2 added 17-March-2024)

dredlifter

5 hours ago, Bigrowinggod said:

His whole back story is doing everything for his wife giving up a career for her cuase he loves her but not 5 minutes into meeting his sons gf he’s letting her get all touchy feely with him it just makes him feel like a giant hypocrite like he even comments on it how he shouldn’t have sat next to her. It’s pretty clear how this story is going to go and it makes the dad an insufferable character to me atleast .

So obviously you are free to make whatever interpretation about that father that you want, that is certainly your right.  I'm just not sure how you came to the conclusion that Tait is an asshole to his son when there few chapters spell out pretty clearly how much Tait loves his family and his son:

Although Tait wasn't religious, he had been raised with salt of the earth, mid-western values.  So his first inclination was to marry Jess, stop football, and go to work. But, both Jess and her parents would not hear of it.  They refused to allow Tait to give up his career and his future, even with a child on the way.  Eventually, Tait agreed, but he and his family would provide everything Jess and Kane needed while waiting for him to go to the NFL.  The Holden's lived up to every word - with Jess completing an MBA while waiting.  Finally, in Tait's second year in the League, he and Jess married in a tiny ceremony in the prairie church in Nebraska where his family had married for generations.

Tait deeply loved Jess and his boy.  Though his looks and body made him a virtual pin up model with the expected continual offers of sex when he was on the road with the team - and sometimes right in front of Jess - he was absolutely faithful to them.  They seemed to be on the road to long term happiness.  

But then the phone call came - There had been an accident on the freeway.  Jess’s petite body stood no chance in the force of the impact, and she had passed from her injuries.  Luckily Kane had been with his grandparents so he was unharmed.  But Jess was gone.  He was widowed at 30 years old.  Tait was devastated. He decided at that moment to do everything he could to provide family and stability for his son, and to not risk his body again.  

Tait retired from football less than a month later.  And rather than live on his well-invested football money - he had been paid over 38 million dollars in his career which had already almost doubled through wise investment  -  or become a coach, Tait decided to use some of his money to go back to his alma mater - Stanford.  Tait was easily accepted into Stanford Medical School, graduating as a single dad with an MD and a PhD in what was then a new and upcoming field called Sports Psychology.  After four years of residency at The University of Pennsylvania, Tait became a licensed sports psychiatrist.  He was specifically approached and accepted a job offer from the NFL corporate offices in New York.  He was commissioned to begin a new mental health services division under the contract that had just been negotiated between the Player’s Union and the League.  Tait provided psychological services to any team organization, from mental health seminars and how to develop mind-body connection to interviewing potential draft prospects for teams from a psychological perspective.  

When Tait made that call to Kane, he was 44 years old. He had gone on to become the manager of behavioral health practitioners for the League and an incredibly respected NFL representative.  He showed favoritism to no one, not even his old coaches and teams and teammates.  And, as a former player, he was in particularly high demand to supplement mental health services and team doctors.  Through it all, Tait saw to any need his parents, sisters, and son had that they could not meet for themselves.  Tait was the man his father and grandfather taught him to be - a man who takes care of his own, protects his own, and provides for his own.  Physical Giant, Retired NFL All-Pro, MD from Stanford – Tait really was an Alpha male force of nature.  Given the man he was, as soon as he got a hint that his son may be in trouble, Tait dropped everything and flew to San Francisco.

But alas, if you want to hate Tait (hey that rhymes!) then that is certainly your prerogative.  To each their own.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

My constant check-ins are finally rewarded. I just gave it a brief skim but I can tell it’s fucking epic. Gonna have to come back to give this one the attention it deserves.

Thank you for sharing Dredlifter and thank your friend for writing.

• Like 1

Two things:

1) The first chapter definitely pulled me in with the hot muscle daddy, but also the inner conflicts of the characters. 

2) Even though it's not an incest story, I still hope that Kane might get to feel his dad's muscles or strength. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Fuck yes, a new dredlifter story! You always  manage to maintain detailed, workable scenarios and hot action going while pushing characters to larger-than-plausible size, no small feat. It's what defeated me when I tried writing. And your practical understanding of bodybuilding makes it even better. Looking forward to a massive muscle daddy!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I enjoyed your very well-written first chapter, dredlifter, a lot.  The slender man is cuckolded when his wife/fiancé gets involved with a handsome bodybuilder is a familiar, and very hot, theme you've employed before in your fine stories.  But this time it's the man's father who's the handsome bodybuilder, which adds just a little more humiliation also.  Great detail used and I appreciate the "plausible size difference" in this story. 

Great first chapter. Great characters. Can’t wait for more.

Love the emotional interplay that’s going on. That’s what elevates it for me.

I see plausible size difference is tagged, but will there be any height growth along the way?