magicworker

Part 1

I turned 18 in the fall of my freshman year. After a decent high school career, I was a bench-warmer on the football team. But the real reason I was at the university was to continue research into a muscle-growth serum. My brother was a big player on the rival school's team. He was especially big because he stole the only dose of a one-time growth serum I had acquired in high school. The guy who developed that serum also left me a copy of his research, so all I needed was access to the right equipment and I could recreate it, or even make something better. I wasn't the typical football jock. I was always a science nerd, but my brother and a passion for muscle got me into the sport.

I spent much of my time with two football teammates, Jeff and Jay, both seniors and well-built twin brothers. They were also halfbacks, my high school position, which was the reason I wasn't needed to play that year, and the reason I'd be needed the following year. They were practical jokers on the team, made easier by the difficulty in telling them apart, but they were always nice and friendly about it. I quickly figured I could tell them about my plans, and even if they didn't believe me, they'd play along.

They helped me get a research internship at a school lab. It was mostly technical grunt work, but I had enough clearance to sneak in time on most of the equipment I needed. The next problem was that I lacked the right supplies. The requisition process was pretty secure, but luckily I reconnected with a high school science club buddy Ralph (pronounced "Rayf"). Turns out he skipped going to college and worked for a biotech startup that has lots of funding, but no clear aim.

"They said they were looking for smart people with crazy ideas," he explained, "and that's exactly how Mr. Finemann described me. Remember?"

Ralph was actually the one who accidentally tipped off my brother that I had a growth serum, but he never really thought before opening his mouth and opened it a lot. After realizing he could help me, I eventually steered the conversation enough to ask, "Can you build me a few grams of a couple different proteins?"

"Sure, you're a good friend," he replied without hesitation. "Just send me a list what you need."

None of us on the team actually talked about how much all our training and meeting time was aimed at beating our rivals in our game next month. It never needed to be said, I guess. And even though I wasn't playing, it felt like they all thought that having the brother of the other team's star player was some kind of secret psychological weapon. That latent expectation put pressure on me to finish the formula quickly.

The serum that I had before caused an awful, painful fever for a couple weeks while it worked and without near constant feeding, the hunger became dangerous. Also, it could only be used once before the body became immune to it. When my brother took it, he added close to 20 pounds of muscle and got an inch or two taller. Based on the research for that serum, I was surprised that in almost a month I constructed a serum that might be better. It had a growth effect similar to the previous one, but it was more viral-based, so it was easier to make, should not be quite so debilitating while it worked and might even be able to evade immunity so it can be used more than once on the same person. 

But I didn't want to test it on a fellow teammate in case it did still have those bad side effects. Luckily, Jeff and Jay had a younger sophomore brother Gerry who was a willing guinea pig.
  • Upvote 17

Part 2

Gerry was in decent shape, but not really an athlete. Gaining several pounds of muscle might have sounded good to him, but the part that actually excited him most was when I told him that he might be sick for a week. Apparently his on-again, off-again girlfriend was a nursing student and he thought it was a perfect way to keep her attention. The first day after he took the serum he was sick, but didn't sound as bad as Brian did when he went through it. The next day he felt amazing and full of energy, but still constantly hungry. I was surprised that he got better so quickly, but the next day he felt more miserable than the first day. The fourth day, he was super-energetic again and went to the gym three times, each time between big meals, and gave himself an intense workout, lifting heavier weights for more reps than he ever did. Those workouts tired him out for about 30 minutes before the hunger and energy returned. The next day, he felt like he was dying: sore and achy and feverish and nauseous. He kept eating lots, but in between the hunger pangs he felt like he was going to throw up, even though he never did. That day, his girlfriend stayed with him and almost brought him to the hospital, but he asked her to just keep feeding him and wait until tomorrow. The next day he felt great. It wasn't quite the amazing high of the previous good days, but apparently his girlfriend was delighted with his stamina and enthusiasm, and the 11 pounds of muscle he had gained. It was likely more than that because he was now ripped like a professional athlete.

Jeff, Jay and I took it next, but a slightly smaller dose. For the next week, some days we felt awful and had a crappy practice, but other days we had energy left over after practice and did sprints. And outside of practice, we were eating every meal like it was our last. Everyone noticed, but when we were back to normal the next week, except for being stronger, bigger and faster, the coach turned a blind eye, and all our teammates wanted a dose, too. We had gained about a dozen pounds of muscle, which made clothing tighter and helped us smash personal records, both on the field and in the weight room, across the board.

I dreamt that week about using the serum to get bigger than Alan, my first crush and a friend of my brother, and forcing him to suck me off. I wasn't out to anyone, but I didn't pretend to have a girlfriend either. I kept my attraction to a few players, Jeff and Jay included now that they beefed up a bit, to myself. By the end of the week, I was about the size of the high school Alan I remembered, but he had good genetics and when I ran into him last summer, he was still about the size of my brother, which is pretty big. I wasn't sure if the serum would work again on me, but I planned to give it a try in a few weeks after growing the rest of the team.

They all eventually got a dose just a tad smaller than I did. That was small enough to minimize the side effects, but still have good results. It worked by percentages, so the bigger players, who got the first round, gained almost 20 pounds of muscle each. The smaller, mostly offensive players got it the next week, so we wouldn't have the whole team going through the mood swings, that were still a small side effect, at the same time.

Meanwhile, Gerry's girlfriend Sara got a little hotter. Her studies had lately kept her from staying in shape, but after a roller-coaster week of her own, she now looked like she went to the gym regularly. She was upset about missing a day of class, but now she wasn't worried about the hotter Gerry casting her aside. That worry returned a little when Gerry helped confirm my hope that the serum could be used more than once. He must have gotten reinfected from Sara, because the week after she was sick, he was sick again and gained maybe a dozen more lean pounds. He now looked more like his football player brothers, but their own dose had kept them ahead.

The coach noticed the erratic behavior and growing strength and size of his team and called me in to his office after practice.

"Why do you think I had anything to do with it?" I asked.

Coach sighed. "Cut the bullshit. You grew first, and the goof-off twins can barely work a Ziploc bag without making a mess. I'd like to appreciate what you've done, but I need a blood test first."

"I'll pass it," I assured him.

"I'm sure you've thought of it. Some lab guy is coming over now and we'll both witness the draw."

It was just a few seconds until the coach replied to a knock on the door, "C'mon in."

As the tech filled two vials with my blood, I wondered if the dose was still contagious in my blood and if they might detect something strange about it.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 8

Part 3

Some players noticed their girlfriends go through a similar roller-coaster week and end up more athletic looking, and only the ones that had sex again on that day right after the worst day got a second growth out of it.

I was excited about my handiwork and also bolstered by the coach's report that my blood test was clear. It in fact showed a lower but still normal testosterone level. I knew my serum increased testosterone, but also altered it to be more effective as an anabolic, so I guessed it also made it harder to detect.

Except for one offensive tackle who was re-infected, the team was done growing by our match against my brother's team. Luckily, it landed on an energetic day for the tackle. That day, our school rivalry felt like sibling rivalry, and I felt justified in wanting a victory. Brian was a star thanks to stealing from me. I was both athletic and a brain and deserved to win over his illegitimate superiority.

It was obvious from the first quarter that it was still going to be a tough game. Both teams managed a field goal each, and overall yardage for both teams was minimal. Brian, I had to admit, was in top shape. He looked like he had been training hard and it was tough for even our augmented offensive line to keep him from rushing our QB or to get our receivers past him. Fortunately, we now had the strength to break through and sack their quarterback a few times, as well. In fact, a few of their front line players looked pretty tired and weak as the second quarter went on, and Jay scored a touchdown carrying a couple of their defenders with him. After halftime and a few substitutions, they managed to get another field goal, but early in the fourth quarter, Jeff scored our second touchdown, and they fell short of a field goal attempt before the end of the game.

Over the first half of November, we took a second dose, and it worked again. The players planned to get an additional wave of growth by having sex with their girlfriends on the right days. It wasn't until then that I noticed that Jeff and Jay didn't have girlfriends.

"We thought about sucking each other off, but we'd rather pair up with you, Derek," said Jeff with a wink. Or was it Jay?

The arrangement worked for me. Having both of them sucking me off made for a great day. They even hinted at making it a more regular thing, but I still had Alan stuck in my head, and I planned to look him up after the season ended, or maybe he'd be back home for the holidays.

We all gained at least another couple dozen pounds of muscle and we looked more like an NFL team now. I was wondering what my parents and Brian would think about the obviously bigger me and how surprised they would be when we all gathered for Thanksgiving. The surprise was actually mine when my parents greeted me at the door with a "Oh, look who got bigger, too?" before the usual hugs and kisses. I looked over and saw Brian, who looked like he had doubled in size since the summer. He wore a sweatshirt and baggy pants, but he was an idiot if he thought that would hide gaining what looked like almost 100 pounds of muscle. Ok, maybe not that much, but he did look more like an Olympian bodybuilder than a college football player. Where did he get clothes to fit him? I wondered.

Knowing my family, it was not that big of a surprise that we didn't discuss our growth spurts, other than my mom observing that we were hungrier than she remembered and we wouldn't have any leftovers this year. Brian was unusually quiet and I quickly realized that he had somehow gotten a hold on my serum once again. He must have been reinfecting himself, too, unless the new serum interacted with the old one somehow. That wasn't likely, but it also meant our team had a mole, a rat, a snitch, a dead man walking, that I was going to ferret out. I thought back to the players on his team that seemed ill during our last game, and realized his team was getting it, too. I was no longer confident about winning our playoff game. 

Brian had to realize that I had figured this out. I think that he was surprised that I didn't confront him, even when I caught him trying to sneak into my room again, but I used my time and energy to come up with my next move. Besides, my own quiet, pensive behavior was sure to disturb him more than a loud argument. We both headed back early the next day, since we both had games on Saturday. When we got back, I asked around the team and even the biggest guy Dean seemed intimidated by me, Jay and Jeff interrogating him, but everyone was fairly offended by the accusation and more than angry about Brian's team growing bigger. That anger was definitely channelled into the game which we won 35-3, although with a fair amount of unnecessary flags.

After the game, Jay and Jeff came up to me. "I think it was Gerry that let our secret out, but I doubt he knew what he was doing. He bragged to us about having a three way after his second growth. I'm not sure who the other girl was, but maybe she had sex with Brian later."

It turned out their guess was right. The main reason Sara was sometimes off-again with Gerry was that Brian flirted with her, and likely only did so because she was dating the brother of two of the top players of our team. I had to admit Brian wasn't as dumb as he looked.  He had Sara get his own steady girlfriend in that three-way with Gerry after his second wave of growth. Then Brian got infected from his girlfriend and had a few of his teammates probably suck him off to grow, while keeping the cycle going with his girlfriend.

My own teammates needed no prompting to go for another dose. A few of them had figured out how to keep growing with well-timed sex, and the school soon found itself with a new IM women's rugby team. Jeff found a few cute guys for him, his twin and I to pair up and grow with, so that there wasn't always some of us not feeling well. Once in a while, it took an extra day to kick in, or started the same day if the sex happened in the morning, so we weren't all on exactly the same cycle. After everyone undergoing two rounds of growth, the locker room seem more like a heavyweight pump room before a bodybuilding competition.

Meanwhile, I worked on my next serum.
  • Upvote 1

Part 4 - Finale

I had Jeff and Jay leave a box for Gerry with the new serum in it and a note that described it as even more powerful than the last one, and more concentrated, so that one bottle had enough for the whole team and he was to only take two drops of it. I added the opinion that it would only work on guys. Gerry knew he was supposed to let Sara read the note and steal the serum, but he had no idea why.

As I predicted, Sara brought the serum to Brian who was now the ultimate answer to her latent muscle lust, and she likely thought he'd dump his girlfriend for her in exchange for such a prize. Neither I nor Gerry really cared. He was ready to move on. It was eight days before our championship bowl game, so the timing was perfect and I knew Brian wouldn't delay using it on the whole team.

The bowl game arrived and everybody noticed that the players on both teams were impossibly heavier than their roster weights.

"Looks like both teams have been eating their Wheaties, Bob," one commentator quipped.

"Or taken part in some bizarre gamma-ray, stem cell experiment, Al," the other commentator joked back.

"Oh, Bob, you have no idea what you're talking about," Al replied.

"I know!" Bob agreed, even though his guess was closer.

Most of Brian's team was the size he was over Thanksgiving, and I worried they might start ripping out of their uniforms. A couple of players obviously didn't get along with Brian, since it actually looked like they shrank compared to the rest of the team. Even though it seemed that they had a decent size advantage on us, it was clear as the game progressed that they didn't necessarily have the power advantage. Again, we each scored a field goal in the first quarter. In the second quarter, I saw it begin. Two of their players that had been huge before were back to normal size. I spread the word among our team to aim their hits low at their guts.

The new serum was a masterpiece and working exactly to plan. It caused growth, but likely even Brian noticed that the new muscle wasn't as hard or defined and they didn't get much stronger. In fact, the serum also attacked the results of recent growth and at the end of the week, flushed it all out, literally down the drain. The next time they took a piss or a dump, they'd lose all the muscle that my sera gave them and stop the cycle of reinfection for the following few weeks. 

"Looks like they're having trouble regaining their momentum, Bob."

"They're definitely losing whatever they came into the game with, Al. Can we get an astrophysicist on the field? I think their players are deflating!"

I was surprised that Brian was the last to lose his muscle, since I figured he'd be the first to take the serum. He might have realized the trigger and tried to hold onto his bowels, but he soon realized his efforts would be ultimately futile. Into the second half, we dominated the game. While our fans celebrated our imminent victory after our fourth touchdown of the game in the third quarter, they still watched and cheered at our amazing athleticism before the game ended 45-10.

While I couldn't earn MVP, Coach looked directly at me when he mentioned "unsung heroes" in his post-game speech. He also credited our nutritionist, which I didn't think we had, and offered to have any or all of his players tested. I think people were too wrapped up in the come-back-kid story to bother with a possible scandal, and Brian's team was the one that had just last year been accused of doping.

The post-game celebration was made even better when Alan and I spotted each other across a crowded room. I may have accidentally pushed a couple people over, but they were quicker to apologize than I was as I made my way over to Alan who was wearing my team's colors. I was so excited after the win, it was like I was living a dream. The victory felt very personal, even though I didn't play at all. I focused on Alan's wide smile reflecting my own and my ears filled with my pounding heart. I didn't care who saw us, as I grabbed him for a kiss. For a millisecond, I panicked with the realization of what I had done, but the invading worry disappeared as he kissed me back, even more passionately than in my dreams.

I didn't officially come out until the end of the following season, when I did win MVP, but it was an unguarded, well-known "secret" that year. I think our whole team eventually played for the NFL, including me. We had occasional off-season reunions when I distributed another round of doses. With proper timing, we could get reinfected just about three or four times before it stopped working for a while. Of course, that was enough for some of us to weigh up to 500 pounds of ripped muscle. My friend Ralph made a lot of money developing a less-potent workout supplement based on my sera, and while we were pushing the limits, there were more and more 300 or 400 pound guys doing football or power-lifting or bodybuilding thanks to our products.

I continued to develop some more beneficial sera. Even into our 70s, Alan and I were huge and ripped and lifting cars in the air for fun and destroying furniture during sex with our strength. We both got to about 7 and a half feet tall, with arms three feet around and thighs five feet around, and able to sprint 100 yards in 6.2 seconds, as long as we had a track and shoes that didn't tear to pieces when we tried.

Brian later worked for Alan's chain of gyms, did some acting, then some assistant coaching and we still never did get along. My senior year, Brian promised to be the guinea pig for my next experiment. It's a serum to transfer muscle from one person to another. Too bad for him, I still wanted that 20 pounds of muscle back.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4