dredlifter

6 hours ago, ploder4 said:

I just did a 1 rep max calculation for Seth's dumbbell curl.  He was lifting 225 for 11 reps.  He could practically toss that 275 weight around with no problem for less reps.  The calculator said his 1 rep max was 348.5 lbs

Seth is crazy strong, but in that part of the story he was doing dumbell bench presses.  He's not quite to the strength of being able to curling 350 lbs with one arm...yet?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dredlifter said:

Seth is crazy strong, but in that part of the story he was doing dumbell bench presses.  He's not quite to the strength of being able to curling 350 lbs with one arm...yet?

Lol.  I was looking at that as barbell curls.  Not dumbbell curls, lol 

7 minutes ago, bradspencer said:

Lol.  I was looking at that as barbell curls.  Not dumbbell curls, lol 

He was doing dumbbell bench with the 225 lb dumbbells, one in each hand.  I should've picked a different weight that wouldn't so easily be confused with a typical barbell bench weight, lol. 

5 hours ago, Alf said:

I find myself checking for a new chapter way too often ?

No such thing, lol.  And it gives the opportunity to read at least one of the other chapters over again.... ?

4 hours ago, merehuman said:

I wish there were 'metric system versions' of dredlifter stories... at times I can follow Inches, Feet, Pounds, but without fully converting it, I feel like I'm missing out

I'm lucky - we bounce back and forth between the two of them here.  Otherwise, I would totally feel this.

4 hours ago, ploder4 said:

divide lbs by a half (2.2 actually)

the numbers aren't as impressive.  lol

If it were just the pounds, I wouldn't mind.

But when it comes to inches, feet, elbows, then it gets really complicated. I have first to calculate the inches by multiplying by 2.54, then calculate the feet by dividing by 30.48, and add both values to find how many centimeters we are talking about.

and then you have yards, miles, ounces, which don't have any meaning to my brain. it is hardwired to the metric system and I cant help it. I don't buy things in 'ounces', I don't walk 'miles', I don't lift 'pounds', so it get lost on me 

even pounds (which is easy calc) I have a hard time to visualize. I love the 'incremental' stats, of how much heavier seth is getting, of how much more he is lifting, but I then I have to stop reading to calculate it

Shit, I might do myself the conversion (since I'm doing while reading it already), if deadlifter lets me to convert, that is

1 hour ago, merehuman said:

Shit, I might do myself the conversion (since I'm doing while reading it already), if deadlifter lets me to convert, that is

I hear you on conversions.  I've had the same issue with British stories.  But, I use google-fu!  Easiest and fastest way to convert things, just type it into google!

Just search " 6'6 in meters" and it gives you the instant result:  https://www.google.com/search?ei=5b5sXKH2Ac_wsAWDpZbIBw&q=6'6+in+meters&oq=6'6+in+meters&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i7i30l10.3523.3725..3946...0.0..0.94.180.2......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0.sJPtzx3I3F8

Gives you a fast easy result and then you can keep reading!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, ploder4 said:

I just did a 1 rep max calculation for Seth's dumbbell curl.  He was lifting 225 for 11 reps.  He could practically toss that 275 weight around with no problem for less reps.  The calculator said his 1 rep max was 348.5 lbs

WOW!

14 hours ago, Alf said:

I find myself checking for a new chapter way too often ?

Me too, my friend. Me too. I guess someone is going to have to infect Dredlifter with  a cold or something so that he is stuck in the house again!

9 hours ago, dredlifter said:

Okay, not as incredible, but being able to do a dumbbell press with 350 pounds is still pretty awesome! Considering my weak butt would kill to barbell bench the 225 one right now, it damn near makes Seth, and probably many guys on this board, Superman to me. 

8 hours ago, merehuman said:

If it were just the pounds, I wouldn't mind.

But when it comes to inches, feet, elbows, then it gets really complicated. I have first to calculate the inches by multiplying by 2.54, then calculate the feet by dividing by 30.48, and add both values to find how many centimeters we are talking about.

and then you have yards, miles, ounces, which don't have any meaning to my brain. it is hardwired to the metric system and I cant help it. I don't buy things in 'ounces', I don't walk 'miles', I don't lift 'pounds', so it get lost on me 

even pounds (which is easy calc) I have a hard time to visualize. I love the 'incremental' stats, of how much heavier seth is getting, of how much more he is lifting, but I then I have to stop reading to calculate it

I started a topic on this very subject on the general discussion board. For Americans each new foot has such a huge significance. 213 centimeters just doesn't have the same oomph as seven feet does for us. 

4 hours ago, Kymuscleboy said:

Okay, not as incredible, but being able to do a dumbbell press with 350 pounds is still pretty awesome! Considering my weak butt would kill to barbell bench the 225 one right now, it damn near makes Seth, and probably many guys on this board, Superman to me. 

He benched two 225 lbs dumbbells, one in each hand.  Thus he was dumbbell benching 450. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dredlifter said:

He benched two 225 lbs dumbbells, one in each hand.  Thus he was dumbbell benching 450. 

Those are the "Ronnie Coleman" only section- until Seth came along.  :)