The Stronger Vest (Part 15 added 6 Feb 2024)

LukeXL

• 2 weeks later...

Part 4:

"Let's start off with Bench Press" said Cody. "How much were you lifting last time?"

"It was 150" said Simon.

"Okay, let's warm up with 75" said Cody.

"You know, I'm feeling pretty good today. Let's start with 145" said Simon.

Cody looked at Simon, surprised. "Alright, a plate and a nickel on each side" he said, as they loaded the bar. "Let's see what you've got."

Simon lay down on the bench and gripped the bar. He lifted it off the rack and lowered it slowly to just above his chest. He paused at the bottom, and let the bar wobble a bit.

"Come on, you can do it" said Cody.

Simon laughed, and pushed the bar back up. He did ten reps, and held the bar above him. "I think I've got a few more in me" he said, and proceeded to do ten more reps. He racked the bar and sat up.

"Showing off, Si?" said Cody.

"Maybe a little" said Simon, grinning.

"Don't wear yourself out" said Cody. "We've got a lot of work to do." Cody did his ten warm up reps, and then replaced the 5s with 25s. "185" he said. "Try that out."

Simon lifted the bar off the rack. It felt heavy at first, but each with each rep it got easier. After he'd done ten reps he felt like he could do ten more, but didn't want to show off too much, so he did two more reps, making it look like he was struggling. He racked the bar and sat up. "This is so weird" he thought. "I'm lifting more than I ever have before, and it feels like nothing."

"Nice work" said Cody and did his ten reps. He got up and waited for Simon to do his next set.

"The same weight again?" asked Simon.

"You want more?" asked Cody.

"Yeah!" said Simon, more enthusiastically than he'd planned to.

"Alright, let's do 205" said Cody.

"225" said Simon.

Cody looked at Simon incredulously. "225?" he asked. "You sure?"

"Yep!" said Simon, flexing his arms and pecs. "I'm feeling..." he paused and looked Cody in the eye, "Stronger."

Cody laughed. "Alright, 225 it is." They loaded the bar and Simon lay down on the bench. He gripped the bar and lifted it off the rack. It felt like it was the same weight as before. Simon did ten slow reps with good form and re-racked the bar.

"Nice work" said Cody. "I'm impressed."

"Thanks" said Simon. "I'm impressed too."

Cody lay down and did his ten reps. "I'm not going any higher than this today" he panted. "I don't want to show you up too much."

Simon looked at Cody and how much effort he'd put into his reps. "I could easily go heavier" he thought. "I could probably do 250, maybe even 275. Am I stronger than Cody already? I've only been working out for a few weeks. This is crazy." He looked at Cody, who was still breathing heavily. "I'll wait until next time" he thought.

"Okay, let's stick at 225" he said.

Simon easily pressed out his ten reps. "I can do a few more" he thought, and did two more reps. Then another one. "Oh wait, that was thirteen reps. I'm not superstitious, but I don't want to tempt fate." He did one more rep and racked the bar. He sat up.

One of Cody's friends had come over and was watching them.

"Hey Scott" said Cody. "This is Simon. He's a professor at the university."

Scott was a big guy, almost as tall as Cody, but maybe even more muscular. He was wearing a white stringer vest with gold stripes down the sides and matching shorts and shoes. His legs were huge, his arms were huge, his pecs and lats were huge. He was clean shaven and had bleached blond hair.

Simon sat up and put his hand out to shake Scott's hand. Scott looked at Simon's hand, and then looked at Simon. He stared at Simon's enormous legs, now proudly visible for all to see in his new yellow short-shorts.

"Look," said Cody, pointing at the bar, "225!"

Scott looked at the bar with a look of fury on his face. "Fuck you, Cody! Fuck. You!" he spat, and stormed off to the other side of the weight room.

"Hey, wait!" Cody called after him. "Sorry, Si, let me deal with this. I won't be long." Cody rushed after Scott and they started having a hushed yet heated discussion. Scott was clearly really angry about something, and Cody was trying to calm him down.

Simon sat on the bench and waited for Cody to come back. He looked around the weight room. There were a few other guys working out, but they were all much smaller than Cody and Scott. He tried to hear what Cody and Scott were saying.

"...you knew..." said Scott.

"I had no idea!" said Cody.

"You knew, and you fucked me over!" said Scott.

"I swear, I honestly didn't!" said Cody.

Cody reached out and touched Scott's arm. Scott pulled away. Cody reached out again and held Scott by the shoulders. They were speaking quietly now. Scott looked upset and angry.

Simon was fascinated, but didn't want to stare. He did another set, slowly keeping the tension tight the whole time. After a while, and who-knows-how-many reps, Cody came back. Simon racked the bar and sat up.

"Sorry about that" said Cody.

"Everything okay?" Simon asked.

"Yeah, it's fine" said Cody. "Just a lover's quarrel." He laughed.

Simon tried to hide the disappointment from showing on his face. "Oh," he said, "is Scott... your boyfriend?"

Cody laughed again. "No, no! Just a figure of speech! We're just friends. Well we've hooked up a few times, but we're not dating. We'd be terrible together."

"Oh" said Simon. "He's not your type?"

"No, he's not" said Cody. "He's a great friend. And he's got a stunning body, but he's not my relationship type."

"I see. So you and Scott... you're...?"

"Fuckbuddies, I guess" said Cody.

"Gay, I was going to say" said Simon.

Cody roared with laughter.

Simon worried that he'd said the wrong thing. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean..." he said.

Cody squatted down so he was eye level with Simon. He put one hand on the back of Simon's neck and looked him straight in the eyes.

"Simon," he said with a deadly serious look on his face, "I am Very. Fucking. Gay."

Simon swallowed.

"So you know what we have to do now, right?" said Cody.

Simon shook his head.

"Incline Bench Press" said Cody. "Let's go."

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1