The Adventures of Super-Fitt 3:Anniversary

rockhopper

Hi everyone,

As many of you know, I'm one of Michael Fitt's biggest fans. This week is his site's sixth anniversary. I've been a member since day one. To celebrate, I've written another story with Mike as a super-hero. Enjoy! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the life of a super-hero certainly has its excitement, Super-Fitt, in his everyday identity of Michael Fitt, was planning something very exciting: His site's anniversary. He had shot videos. He had written blog posts. He had prepared for cam shows. It was ready to roll.

He had been so preoccupied that he had not been using any of his super-senses. When he turned on the TV, he got a terrible shock.

Dr. Malgenie, a renegade scientist, had sent the following announcement to the media:

No one should be allowed to have the kind of power the man who calls him Super-Fitt seems to possess. How do we know he is not planning on global domination? I hereby demand that he surrender himself to me immediately or else I will destroy all he holds dear.

What was this crazy person saying? As Super-Fitt, he had been as open as he reasonably could about his willingness to use his incredible powers for the good of all.

The news report was interrupted with a report that there were three bizarre situations happening simultaneously in three U.S. cities: A giant robot was attacking Miami, a mysterious cloud of poisonous gas was approaching Denver, and a missile was approaching Houston. Super-Fitt realized that, as the homes of three of his most loyal VIPs, these were cities he had spent a fair amount of time defending.

There was no time to spare, so, as his Super-Fitt costume appeared on his body, our hero bounced his Super-Pecs, thus triplicating himself. Each of his selves teleported to the appropriate city.

In Miami, Super-Fitt I found himself facing a forty-foot-tall robot that looked like a refugee from a low-budget sixties horror film. “Not that big, really,” he thought, but he knew he could handle it without a problem at his normal size. The robot took a swipe at Super-Fitt with its hand. SF grabbed the hand and, with his super-strength, pulled it off and, crumpled the human-sized hand into a ball as if it were aluminum foil. Sparks flew from the robot’s arm. It attempted to stomp SF who simply stood firm on the ground as the robot's leg shattered into pieces against SF's indestructible body.

“Time to bring this to and end,” Super-Fitt quipped as he grabbed the robot's toppling form and lifted it over his head. Flying into the stratosphere, he took the metal monster into his right hand and hurled it toward the sun. Within two minutes, the robot was incinerated.

Meanwhile, in Denver, Super-Fitt II flew over the outskirts of the city and saw a weird pink cloud floating. Knowing that it would be fatal to humans who inhaled it but harmless to him, Super-Fitt decided to beat them to it. He began drawing the cloud into his mouth with his super-breath. Within a minute, the whole huge cloud was within his super-body. Super-Fitt hovered over the city, closed his eyes and concentrated. He then released the gas through his mouth, having transmuted it to pure oxygen.

In Houston, Super-Fitt III faced a somewhat different challenge. The missile headed for the city was coming from outer space. He had to lead it away from its target without touching it, lest it be set off. He changed his body into a super-electro-magnet and flew up to intercept the missile. Attracted to SF's magnetism, it followed him away from the ground and back up into space. De-magnetizing his body as the missile left the atmosphere, the weapon headed off into the void where it would do no harm.

As he consolidated himself back into one super-body, Super-Fitt used his telescopic vision to follow the trajectory the missile had taken to Earth. It apparently had originated on the planet Mars. SF's super-hearing then detected a message sent from Dr. Malgenie:

Surrender yourself to me, Super-Fitt!

Transporting himself to the Red Planet, Super-Fitt found a structure he guessed to be Dr. Malgenie's lair. Appearing before the mad scientist, SF grinned and said “Here I am!”

“Ah, Super-Fitt! I knew you would see reason.”

“Reason? I'm not surrendering. I'm here to return you to Earth.”

“Don't bother. It won't be there much longer.”

“What do you mean?”

“My blaster weapon beam will obliterate the whole planet within a few minutes. I will have my revenge on those idiots who laughed me out of academia. I had to get you off the Earth first. And even you can't save them now. It's impossible!”

Smirking, Super-Fitt spoke in a voice that shook Dr. Malgenie's whole building: “For me, nothing is impossible!”

In the next instant, SF teleported himself into space, very near the Earth. The Earth had to be surrounded by something indestructible.

Bouncing his Super-Pecs, Super-Fitt caused himself to grow and grow to a size he had never imagined before. He continued to grow until he was enormous enough to swallow the Earth. As it disappeared into SF's mouth, Dr. Malgenie's blaster weapon beam was harmlessly deflected from those amazing Super-Pecs.

After returning the Earth to its place and returning to his usual size, Super-Fitt reappeared before Dr. Malgenie. “Care to try that again, Malgenie? No, don't bother!” With a bounce of the Super-Pecs, the blaster weapon beam generator was turned into a jack-in-the-box with Dr. Malgenie's face.

“You dare?” Dr. Malgenie began.

“I dare? You're the one who nearly destroyed three major cities and then the entire planet. Do you realize all the ways I could mess you up? I could crush your bones. I could turn into an ant and step on you. I could blow you into deep space. I could throw you through the wall and let the Martian atmosphere take care of you. But I'm going to return you to Earth and turn you in to the authorities.”

“With my genius, I'll find a way to escape.”

“Yeah, about that.” Super-Fitt put his finger to Dr. Malgenie's forehead while bouncing his Super-Pecs.

Malgenie held his head on both sides. “What have you done to me?”

“You now have average human intelligence. Congratulations, Mr. Evil Genius. You are now mediocre.”

With that Super-Fitt returned his vanquished foe to Earth, where he would have a lot of explaining to do, if he still could. SF then returned home. He had an anniversary to celebrate.

• Upvote 7