Bittersweet Revenge [Part 1]

Varg

I like the fact that each character kept his personality despite the physical changes.  Despite the new body builds, they are still the same people inside.  Of course, Isaac shows his own bullying, abusive nature, so he isn't much different from Trent.

It was really insightful to have Trent grow up and channel his aggressive, dominant personality into a socially acceptable outlet as a kick ass trainer!  Isaac did the same thing with his scientific research.

Where they each go from here should be interesting to see.  Biology isn't necessarily destiny.

Intriguing twist on the revenge scenario!

Thanks for writing.

Mdlftr  

Thanks for the compliments! I figure I'd try to keep the characters a bit more lifelike. I really like focusing on the characters and their interactions. I just step into that character's mind and think of how they'll respond. Then the story just writes itself. My only issue is sneaking in muscle growth. I'm afraid of getting too repetitive to the point of where my descriptions sound like then that guy's muscles got all big and sexy and strong and stuff.

I don't get the appeal with these kind of stories.

That is a very interesting subject, but I don't think we can discuss it here(?). I'm not too sure why exactly people like it either. I personally do not like theft, but I know as a plot device it can really build tension and set a tone for the entire story. The ending is what's really important in these kinds of stories. Does the thief soften up and try to fix everything? Does the thief become drunk with power, becoming far worse than the person who's life he ruined forever? Happy ending? Sad ending? Craaaaaaazy ending? Who knows where it'll go.

• 6 years later...