magicworker

I liked the first 3 parts and I can understand his feelings, however. He is getting a little too cocky and threatening i think. But I get the feeling that he will have a rude awakening in a part in the near future. ^^ Probably one if his "guards" or maybe even one of his friends will find the medallion and change to even larger size then Adam. Though i must admit that i hope it will be his friends as they will hopefully NOT beat him into pulp. <=S

• Upvote 1

Great writing :)

I like the surreal quality of the way Adam is experiencing the world.  Without you outlining the details it appears that  Adam's psyche was altered along with his body.  I wonder if he'll have that realization.

Part 5: A New Day

Bryce was out of breath trying to keep up with Adam's workout. They sprinted with little rest, and Adam kept them moving fast by chasing after them. It didn't matter that he was laughing; with a giant running behind you, you try to run faster. The drills were demanding, too. Adam fired discs like a machine: fast, furious and without respite. Harry and Alison were in better shape, but Bryce always had some extra padding to him since middle school. He flagged out and began to walk over to the side of the quad.

"Hey, lard ass, get back over here," called Adam.

"Adam, I need a rest. Give me five minutes and I'll jump back in."

Adam told Alison and Harry to run a lap while he stomped over to Bryce with a worrying face.

"Bryce, I understand if you want to quit, but then you're no use to me. Even worse, you might distract the other losers from being a part of the team."

"You don't have a team, it's more-" Bryce gagged as Adam grabbed him by the neck and lifted him off the ground like he did to Harry in the dining area.

An evil grin spread across Adam's face. "Say goodbye, Bryce." And he felt Adam's hand tighten.

"No!" yelled Bryce as he sat up in bed, sweating and panting with a racing heart. It was just the night after the super-muscled giant introduced himself as Adam in the dining hall and four days before the practice that he was obviously dreading. Out of everyone on campus, Bryce had the only clue to Adam's transformation. He had deciphered the text that Adam gave him a couple weeks ago. It was something about a "power jar" or "strength container" and directions that it "filled with the moon" and "opened at the sun that was farthest or deepest." It certainly seemed like Adam had this jar and used whatever was in it to grow, probably at night or maybe sunset. If Bryce could take it away from Adam, its magic might wear off, or he could use a little of that power to keep his nightmares from coming true. He'd rather just return Adam to normal. Bryce had no interest in becoming a second monster. He was always the nice guy that everyone liked and he would hate people avoiding him like they did with Adam.

As the first rays of sun lit his window, Bryce decided he would try to search Adam's room for this jar, but he'd need help. Harry readily agreed to help search Adam's room, but after they waited for Adam to leave his dorm for class and they got past the front desk, they found Adam's door guarded by a couple jocks. Bryce tried to pretend that Adam had sent them to retrieve something on Adam's orders, but the guards didn't fall for it. They laughed at the attempt to access the room which was marginally better than most they had seen.

Neither Bryce nor Harry could force their way past. If cleverness was the better key, then Bryce decided that Alison was their best hope. He shared what he guessed about Adam's key to his transformation with her. She didn't want to do anything to upset Adam, especially when he was behaving well, overall. Harry and Bryce both shared their fears of what might happen at practice and Alison knew Adam would certainly be angry if they didn't show up. Given Adam's new reputation and his familiar temper, she even admitted to the possibility of their fears being realized. They finally convinced her that it was worth the risk and after dinner they met at her room which had a view of Adam's dorm. They thankfully didn't have to wait long before they saw Adam leave.

Harry kept a lookout to warn Bryce and Alison when Adam returned. Alison had thought hard about how to get past the guards and chose to rely on the power of the truth. Luckily, the jocks remembered her as the girl that was Adam's friend in the cafeteria the previous day.

"Adam may think he's a god," explained Alison, "but he's not. He's only been big for a couple weeks and he was a skinny nerd before that. Something made him change and we think it's in this room. We don't want to get you in trouble. He doesn't have to know anything about this. A friend of ours will call when Adam walks back across the quad. Also, we know that it's some kind of jar of stuff and we could carefully look through the room to find it. I don't want to use it and Bryce here doesn't want to use it. If it works, we could share it with you guys. We just want to stop Adam from hurting anyone, or worse. He started off at half the size of you guys, so just half of the stuff will probably make you as big and strong as he is now. Maybe then he won't feel like he can just bully anyone he wants." The jocks' imaginations conjured fantasies of having Adam's power, or more. They weren't sure they could trust each other to share, but it was worth the chance at being as godly as their master. In the end, it was even worth risking his wrath. "All you have to do is watch us like a hawk and make sure we put everything back right where it was."

The room was a bit of a mess, but it wasn't big. Alison and Bryce each had one of the jocks follow them and make sure there was no trace of their search. Bryce found a stack of protein powder jars and had his jock try a swallow of some of it. They waited a few seconds before continuing. Alison opened a drawer and found a small stone tablet with a chain. It had faint etching, but she couldn't get a clear read of any of the shapes.

"What's that?" asked the jock Kyle.

"I don't think it's what we're looking for," Alison replied.

"Jake tried the powder, so let me try that thing," argued Kyle.

Alison handed it over. "Careful, we need it to go back exactly like we found it so Adam doesn't suspect anything."

The jock looped the chain over his head and laid the plate on his chest. "Hey, this feels kinda cool."

Alison noticed him shift his stance and he flexed his muscles in a standing pose. Did he get bigger, too? It was nothing noticeable, but he looked more ... vibrant. But the impression quickly faded and she decided it had been a momentary illusion.

"That was weird," Kyle commented. "It was like it gave me a good pump, but it's gone now."

"Dude, I saw it happen," confirmed the other jock Jake.

Bryce was confronted with the unexpected. How could the writing he deciphered refer to a chest plate like thing? "Maybe it works when it... goes with something..."

Alison's phone rang. "That's Harry. Adam's coming back. Let's put everything back."

Kyle was reluctant to part with the necklace, but it did seem they did not completely solve the puzzle. Anything less than success risked Adam finding out before they could even the odds.

Alison put the necklace back in the drawer, then looked back. "Was that bag there when we came in?" she asked, pointing to a duffle bag on the bed that she had earlier moved out of the way. She closed the drawer as the jock put the bag back on the floor and they all backed out of the room, scanning to confirm that the room looked unchanged.

"I think that necklace thing was it," Kyle suggested. "I feel energized and kinda pumped."

"When our shift is done, we can hit the gym," offered Jake. "Maybe the powder I ate was the trick."

"Maybe it's both," suggested Alison. "Can we try tomorrow?"

"We're not back on guard duty until Friday morning," Kyle rushed to reply, not wanting any of his other buddies to be the one to find it. "You guys need to go now so he doesn't suspect something. He gets up here fast by the stairs, so go hide in the bathroom."

"Sorry, Bryce," Alison apologized as she pulled him down the hall to the girl's room. Only seconds later, they heard the pounding of Adam's feet. Alison heard him quickly check in with his guards, but they revealed nothing. A giggle and moan indicated that Adam had a girl with him and the sound of his door closing was followed by her audible excitement sharply increasing.

"I think I know how that medallion works," Bryce whispered to Alison. "Maybe he wouldn't have noticed it missing." The moans from Adam's room turned to screams. "We got so close but -"

"I was thinking the same thing," Alison cut in with a big grin as she brought the medallion out from under her skirt. "it looks like there might be writing on it," she added.

Back at Alison's room, Harry sighed in relief as she and Bryce walked in. After they filled him in, he asked to see the medallion. "Doesn't look like much," Harry commented as he put the chain over his head.

Once again Alison watched it have a slight effect as Harry stood taller and grinned. "Yeah, it feels pretty awesome." Harry gave a weak but noticeable flex of his upper body then started to squat. After ten body-weight squats, he frowned. "Now it's pretty much gone."

Bryce spoke up, "Move over towards the window. Yeah, so the moonlight hits it. The writing said something about the moon filling the jar, but if this is the jar, then maybe it gets charged by moonlight."

As Harry leapt onto the small couch near the window, both the medallion and the chain shimmered in the moonlight. Everyone gasped as the dull stone began to sparkle like a field of jewels.

"Yes!" Harry yelled as he expected the magic to start seeping into his body and transforming him into a massive hulk. But after a few seconds, he flexed his arm and saw no change from the usual skinny limb. He turned back to Bryce. "What else did the writing say?"

"'It opens when the sun is lowest', so maybe it will work at sunset," Bryce replied.

"So, we'll try it tomorrow. Hopefully Adam doesn't go into a rampage before -"

"Hi, Sandra!" Alison broke in as she both greeted her roommate who had just opened the door and cued Harry to stop talking.

"Hey, Alison," Sandra replied with a puzzled glance at her and the two guys in her room. She never could figure out if Alison and Bryce were dating or just friends, and she had never met the guy by the window who had some large jewel around his neck. "Sorry to interrupt. I'll just grab some things and be in the library for a couple hours. That's a pretty... necklace?"

Harry crossed his arms in an attempt to cover it. "What necklace?" he asked.

"It's for a play, but it's a surprise" Alison quickly explained to Sandra.

Bryce chimed in weakly, "Yeah, ha ha. No spoilers!"

"Okay," Sandra replied skeptically as she exchanged books from her bag and left with a last glance at Harry who was now hiding the still-sparkling medallion in his lap with an awkward smile.

Alison and Bryce rushed over to Harry and the three of them marveled at the iridescent beauty of the once lifeless stone. Bryce noticed that the symbols sparkled and danced in the light, but they overlapped and changed in a dizzying dance.

"There's layers of symbols all over each other like it's not flat but more like a hologram. Amazing."

"So we'll try it at sunset tomorrow?" Harry asked. "I can hardly wait. Do you think we need the powder stuff, too?"

"I'm no expert, but that looked like regular protein powder," Bryce replied. "And the writing makes no mention of it. I think this medallion is the power container, not literally a jar, but something that be filled and emptied. I wonder if Adam figured out how it works or if he got lucky."

"Let's not ask him," Harry advised. "So we're using this on me tomorrow at sunset, right?"

Alison confirmed, "Yes, the sooner the better. See you guys then. And I'll tell my roommate not to mention it to anyone. Hopefully Adam doesn't notice that it's gone."
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 12

Part 6: The First Twist

The next evening, Harry sat in Alison's dorm wearing the necklace again. He was drinking a protein smoothie by the window as Bryce continued to research to determine the exact meaning of the ancient writing. "I think they had a single word for sunset, so 'deepest sun' might mean something else."

Alison gasped with a realization. "When was that big power outage? Wasn't it between the times we saw Adam small then big?" She began searching on her computer. "It affected a lot of the dorms right around Adam's and it happened at night."

"Yeah, do you think that was Adam?" Harry asked rhetorically. "But that happened kinda late, not at sunset."

Alison turned back in triumph. "It happened near midnight. That's the 'deepest sun'!"

"They did think that the sun went underground during the night," Bryce added. So, that makes sense. But-"

Harry finished the thought, "Let's keep this on me the whole time just in case."

A few minutes later Alison asked Bryce, "And you don't think there's anything else to this? No ritual or incantation?"

Bryce gave a big indeterminate shrug, but added, "Adam would have needed that translated, too, right?"

Sunset came and went and the trio resigned themselves to wait for midnight.

A couple hours later, Harry's phone buzzed. "Shit, shit, shit! Guys, we might have a problem. Adam beat up my roommate looking for me. I think he realized we took this thing from him."

"There are some abandoned rooms in the basement here," Alison told them. "We can hide out there."

As they left the room, they ran into a breathless Sandra. "Alison, I'm sorry. A couple guys were asking everyone about the ... the necklace thing. I wasn't gonna say anything, but I was curious why they wanted it so bad, so I asked a couple questions. They must have been desperate, because that was enough for them to drag me over to that huge bodybuilder guy. Fuck, he was scary and it looked like he beat up a bunch of the guys that were helping him look for it."

Alison turned to her friends, "We gotta go. Now."

Sandra continued, "I told them I saw it in a different dorm, so you might be safe. But he seemed surprised that I said it was sparkly. Did you guys add that?"

"Which dorm?" asked Bryce.

When she replied with the name of Harry's dorm, he groaned.

Alison repeated, "Guys, let's go. With no other lead, he'll come looking here or at Bryce's room next."

Bryce frowned at Sandra. "And he knows that it's charged up now."

Alison turned to her roommate. "Can you hide somewhere in the library? He might try to find you again and I don't think you want that."

"Good idea. I'll just grab a couple things from the room first," Sandra replied.

"Hurry," Alison exclaimed, and they all did.

Alison led them down the stairs to the basement where a couple desks were all that remained of an old computer lab. There was an emergency exit to the outside in case they needed it, too. Bryce checked in with his roommate to see if Adam went there, but he was in another room playing games with friends.

Around 10 PM, they heard someone come down the stairs and they made their way to the emergency exit as one of the jocks spotted them and yelled back up the stairs, "There's some people down here!" He seemed surprised as the trio bolted through the exit into the night. He ran after them, but they split up, so he followed the slowest one.

After a short chase, the jock tackled Bryce to the ground. "Did you guys figure out how to use it?" he asked.

Bryce looked up at the jock's face. "Kyle?"

Meanwhile, Harry ran between a couple buildings, but didn't know where to go or what to do. He turned in the same direction that Alison had gone and after turning another corner, he nearly screamed as Alison almost ran into him.

"I got an idea for a hiding spot, but you better hide that medallion first," Alison said between gasps for air. Harry closed his jacket around it and followed her through the shadows to the back of the main cafeteria where they crouched between noxious smelling dumpsters.

They heard footsteps a few times and once saw a beam of light flash across the top of the dumpster. Harry checked his phone. 11:40 PM. "Do you think I need to be in the moonlight?" he asked Alison in a whisper.

"I dont know," she replied.

Harry was about to check his phone again when the dumpster moved with a loud screeching noise and there stood Adam who had moved it with little effort. They tried to run away, but Adam quickly moved to block their way again.

"Give me the medallion, now! Or I'll rip off your head to get it!" he boomed.

Harry frantically pulled it off and handed it up to Adam, but Alison stepped in front of the necklace that sparkled brightly in the moonlight.

"Adam," she pleaded, "this bullying has got to stop. Just because you're strong now, it doesn't make it right. Didn't you hate it when other people did what you're doing? Can't you let this power go?"

"Let it go?" Adam laughed. "No, I want more, and looks like you gave me a way to get it."

Alison then realized that they had given Adam the key to transform again. Their efforts had all backfired. If the necklace turned a boy into a god, what would it turn the god into?

"No! That's mine!" yelled Kyle as he sprinted towards them in front of a trailing Bryce.

"So, you're the traitor?" asked Adam as he prepared for a short fight to reestablish dominance and maybe send Kyle to the hospital as a lesson.

Kyle tried to use his football skills to run around or fake out Adam, but Adam was surprisingly fast for someone so big and with a wave of his arm, he knocked Kyle in the air and to the ground. When he turned back, he saw Harry and Alison running in different directions.

Alison looked back as she saw Adam rush after Harry and she changed directions to loop back to Bryce. Moments earlier, she had grabbed the medallion from Harry's hands and ran off. In a panic, Harry also ran off, but in the direction of his bed, hoping to survive the nightmare under the safety of its covers. Alison silently thanked Harry for the distraction. If she could get the medallion to Bryce or Kyle, that would hopefully break Adam's power trip. But it looked like Bryce and Kyle had also run off after Harry, or Adam, or both. Where did they go?

Alison checked the time. 11:59 PM. She didn't want to turn into some kind of massive freak, but it was the only choice. She put the chain over her head and turned towards the moon that shone bright across the courtyard. The school chapel bell rang and even with her eyes closed, she saw a flash of blinding, dizzying light and lost her balance onto something soft.

That something soft was her own solid bulk. She stood up in the moonlit dark. The nearby lights had all gone out. She stood up and up and looked over the muscles that covered her body and stretched at the clothes that somehow still fit her... barely. She had to admit to herself that the feeling of power and strength was rather intoxicating. She was huge, monstrous. Was Adam really this big? She felt like she was two stories tall. And her breasts were huge. She wasn't as ripped as Adam or what she had seen of female pro bodybuilders. She was surprised that she had soft, feminine curves over the powerful mountains of muscle that obviously bulged underneath. She flexed a bicep the size of a basketball and marveled at how big her forearm was, too.

She broke out of her reverie and remembered that Harry, and maybe also Bryce, were likely battling Adam and in grave danger. She ran back to follow where she saw Harry run and it was amazing how fast she could move. Her legs flexed hard like industrial steel with each stride that shot her several yards across the ground and changing direction took just the slightest thought. It was maybe just a few seconds before she ran past the cafeteria building and spotted Harry across the quad curled up on the ground in front of Adam, with Kyle and Bryce nearby. How did she see Harry's face so clearly?

Alison heard Harry scream, "I don't have it! I don't have it!" How did she hear that so clearly? she thought as she ran over.

Adam heard the pounding of something large behind him and turned to see an Amazonian giant. Was that little Alison? Was she now bigger than him?

Alison saw the gaping stares of the four boys before her. Three of them were so tiny and she realized she was also taller and bigger than Adam.

Harry broke the silence first and was too panicked to realize exactly who this new giant was. "Please don't hurt me."

Bryce slowly reconciled the beautiful beast before him with his best friend. "Alison?"

Adam quickly realized that Alison was now bigger than him, but he still considered trying to take her down and reclaiming the medallion, even though it looked dull and lifeless once again..

"Adam," she boomed. Despite his anger, Adam felt a chill go down his spine at her commanding voice. "This has gone far enough. Leave those guys alone. Leave everyone alone. I'll only fight you if I have to, even though I'm a little curious to use these muscles and feel them pound you unconscious." She couldn't help flexing and rippling the massive boulders that clearly backed up her words.

Adam quietly growled in frustration and took a few steps back to show his submission, but added, "Don't think that this is over, but you've won for now."

Kyle had also taken a step back at Alison's muscular display. Bryce, however, took a step forward and repeated, "Alison?"

"Hi Bryce," Alison smiled sadly at her friend. "Am I too scary for you now?"

"No!" protested Bryce. "You're fucking hot!"
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Part 6: The Second Twist

Alison blushed a deep red. "What? You think I'm hot?" she asked Bryce as she made her melon sized breasts dance with the muscles beneath them.

"Can you show me your legs?" Bryce begged.

Alison lifted her skirt enough to show a thick, powerful leg. Bryce slowly stepped forward to touch it and tried to sink his grip into the hard, warm, heavy muscles that Alison rippled and flexed. "That feels good," she purred.

Bryce then looked up at her glorious, unsupported but firm breasts and raised another hand to feel them through the blouse that stretched tightly across prominent nipples. She moaned in pleasure and then grabbed Bryce up into her arms. Bryce let out a yell as he felt her strong, muscular arms effortlessly lift him and squeeze him into her warm, firm chest.

"Sorry, did I hurt you?" she asked as she gently put Bryce back down on the ground. Bryce covered his crotch in embarrassment. "Did you just cum?" She looked over at the other guys who were silently watching, and they all had obvious boners. "I thought I'd be a ugly freak, but I guess I'm a sexy goddess." She smiled as she spread her arms and flexed them and felt her back also spread and flex.

Kyle dropped to his knees in orgasmic release. Adam was both turned on and scared and his cock pulsed with indecision. Harry was overwhelmed with raw emotion and decided to continue back to bed and hopefully wake up in a world that made more sense. As he walked away, Alison noticed a number of people standing around the edges of the quad watching to figure out who this new giant was and what it would mean for the dynamics of life at the school.

Part of her longed to be worshiped by the world, after living so long as an unremarkable nobody, but mostly she was still uncomfortable with mass public attention. "Bryce, I'm gonna try to fit back in my room," she announced quietly.

With puppy dog eyes, Bryce asked, "Can I come with you?"

"Yeah, I was hoping you'd help me not destroy anything on the way," she replied with a smile.

Kyle wordlessly followed, too, but Alison dismissed him with a promise that he would see her another time. Before she reached her dorm, Sandra came over. "Alison, is that you?" she confirmed.

With Bryce and Sandra directing her through doorways, sometimes in nearly a crawl, Alison made it to her bed that held about half of her. Sandra offered to put their beds together. They were all exhausted by an eventful night, but both Bryce and Sandra couldn't resist exploring and worshiping the dream of beauty and power who also enjoyed their touch and soft words as they all drifted to sleep.

Alison woke to find her two friends snuggled up on either side of her, in their underwear. She was still dressed and had the necklace on, but it looked like her clothes had been tugged at and partially unbuttoned. "Good morning," she crooned. A look at her window showed that it was barely dawn. Her bed-mates stirred with light moans and sighs as they semi-consciously felt over Alison's thick arms and chest. She attempted to get up without disturbing them, but the bed creaked loudly and they were lying on top of her as much as the bed, since she didn't leave them much space.

They sat on the bed as Alison stood up and smashed the ceiling with her head. Concrete crumbled over her eyes. "Ow," she exclaimed, but it was more from the noise in her ears, rather than any actual pain. To give room for her head, she dropped to her knees with a loud thud that vibrated the room.

"This is fairly inconvenient," she remarked. "Even if it feels so damn good." She stretched her arms and shoulders a bit and then took off the necklace and set it on her desk and then took off her blouse and wiped the dust off her face with it. She again marveled at the size and beauty of her breasts and began to massage them. Sandra and Bryce soon joined her and began to explore her wide shoulders, beefy arms, and thick powerful back. Each curve was beautiful and Sandra took opportunities to brush her own body against Alison's firmness as Bryce went for the occasional grind that stirred his own firmness once again. With each of her hands, Alison shoved each bed up vertical against the wall, which gave her room on the floor to lie down and let their ministrations continue more comfortably.

Sandra began fingering Alison's pussy as Bryce sucked on her nipples. With a forceful yank, Alison ripped her panties off. After a while, the devotees swapped positions. Alison asked Sandra for a condom, which Bryce slipped over his impressively hard cock. For most women, it was not small, but to Alison it felt like one of Sandra's fingers, which was still pleasurable and she bucked lightly against Bryce's thrusts. Alison was surprised how much she enjoyed it when Sandra started kissing her, but Sandra was a bit overwhelmed with the size and force of Alison's tongue. With a free hand, Alison grabbed Sandra and lifted her up to eat her out. Sandra screamed at Alison's show of strength and gasped at the rush of pleasure as Alison invaded her better than any man ever had.

Bryce's excitement also ramped up and he increased the vigor with which he hoped to please his new goddess, despite sweating and panting with fading stamina. Alison responded with a moan of pleasure that vibrated into Sandra who orgasmed with an ecstatic cry. As Sandra crawled down to make out again with Alison, Bryce could hold back no longer and released his biggest load ever. Alison could feel him throb with orgasm and she moaned again. Sandra and Bryce were both overwhelmed and spent and Alison was content to enjoy them snuggling up against her again.

Later, Bryce and Sandra returned to the room with food for Alison. "Thanks, guys. This is an amazing experience, and I'm glad I have you to share it with, and help me out. I hope I can make it to class next week. Some of those older buildings have small doors. Bryce, do you think there's a way of reversing the change? Maybe Adam just needs the threat of one of us growing to be heeled."

"You want to go back?" Bryce incredulously asked.

Alison smiled. "Maybe not all the way. Do you think Adam will start to shrink back without the medallion?"

"I don't know. Mind if I try something?"

Alison nodded as Bryce brought the medallion over to the window and held it in the sunlight. Nothing happened to the dull plate of stone. Bryce held it there for a few minutes before he gave it to Alison to put on.

"It's a couple minutes before noon," Bryce added. "Maybe doing the opposite of the directions will reverse it."

But noon passed with no effect. "Yeah, I didn't think so," Bryce commented with a mix of sadness at failing Alison's wish and relief that she remained in her wondrous new form. The three of them spent the rest of the weekend working out logistics and arrangements, and they got in touch with Adam to help get Alison some clothes.

After a couple weeks, Alison settled into her new normal, and Adam was much better behaved, to everyone's relief. The school reacted at first with fear but soon welcomed the much more friendly giantess. She even helped the school's maintenance staff when they had a heavy or tall job. Alison couldn't resist testing her strength at the gym, but even the heaviest weights posed little challenge. She probably could have gotten a workout by lifting whole machines or bending Olympic bars with her hands, but testing her limits didn't appeal to her. Even using a quarter of her strength gave her a welcome pump and rush that flushed her skin and gave her an irresistibly sexy glow.

With Alison looking over his shoulder, Adam refrained from physical violence, but his anger and frustration quietly festered and grew. He tried to get his followers to make a new ultimate frisbee team, but they knew he was a tamed animal now, and he lost control of them. He soon left everyone alone and they continued to avoid him. I hopes to give him a healthy outlet for his aggression, the school had already setup a special workout area for him with reinforced and heavy-duty equipment. Getting pumped and sweaty after a couple hours there was his only comfort, but he was hungry for more power to become top dog again.

"Hi, Bryce," Adam cornered him in a courtyard one late afternoon.

"Hi, Adam. What do you want?"

"Hey, I thought we were friends," Adam answered smoothly.

"Yeah, we were," Bryce stated, emphasizing the past tense.

"Maybe we can be friends again," Adam offered.

"I don't think we can trust you."

"Yeah, you shouldn't," Adam said with a menacing step forward.

"What?" asked a confused Bryce.

"I'm not happy being Alison's pet, and I'm less and less happy about it every day. I'm gonna find a way to get that necklace back and when I do and get bigger than Alison, I might make sure you guys are never a problem again."

"Alison isn't gonna like that you're threatening me."

"You're not gonna tell her."

Bryce chuckled. "Why not?"

"You're not gonna tell her and you're gonna get me that medallion," Adam added with another step forward.

Bryce backed up a step. "What are you on, dude?"

"This is a one time offer. In a fair fight, Alison wins, but I can make life difficult for you, Harry, Chris, Sandra, and even Alison, who won't always have all the advantages. Do you think poison can't kill her? Or I couldn't take her out by surprise? or with some combat training? We can avoid all that. With another dose of power from that thing, I'll leave you guys alone. I won't be staying around here at a dorky college. I'll have a world to rule. And I owe you guys for showing me that I can be more, that I can have more, and I'm gonna get it one way or another. Either the easy way, or the hard way."

"So if I get you the necklace, you'll never bother us?"

"Get it and show me how to use it. And I'll be far away, and Alison won't have to babysit me anymore," Adam promised.

Alison did spend a decent amount of her time keeping an eye on Adam. His former followers were willing to help her, especially Kyle, but to Bryce it was a constant, annoying distraction. He debated telling Alison, even as he wrapped the medallion in a small towel just an hour later. He almost convinced himself that Alison would also agree with giving the necklace to Adam, but her personality wasn't entirely unaffected by the her supreme power. She was still nice and caring, but just a bit more stubborn and assertive. The new Alison was more likely to ignore Adam's threats, or retaliate in kind.

Bryce knocked on Adam's door that night.

"Does she know you're doing this?" Adam asked.

"No. It was easy," Bryce replied with a pang of guilt at betraying Alison's trust.

"How does it work?"

"Just wear it outside, the moonlight quickly recharges it."

"So far, it's pouring out tonight. Not much moonlight."

"Then wait for tomorrow, but Alison will realize it's gone by then. I could tell her I moved it to a safe place."

"I don't think you lie very well."

"Want me to take it back?"

"No, I'll try it. Even if I get a little out of it, that should be enough to keep Alison off my back and hold onto it for another night."

Adam found a the same courtyard where Alison had her transformation. It was a good place that was hidden from passersby, but open to the sky. It was still softly raining, but Adam held the medallion out to catch any moonlight that might pierce the dark clouds. He wasn't sure if it was working or if the rain washing over it gave it an extra sparkle. It certainly was far from the brilliant jewel it had seemed when Harry had offered it to him.

It was close to midnight and the medallion was fairly lifeless, but Adam placed the chain around his neck and felt the familiar rush as the plate seemed to hug against his chest. Then, the courtyard darkened.

"Adam." Alison had found him and blocked the light from a nearby lamppost so that she was backlit like a monster in a horror movie. She was relieved that the medallion looked plain and unremarkable. Did Adam not know that the moon wasn't out tonight, even if the sky was clear? It had set below the horizon hours ago.

Adam gasped at Alison's menacing form and took a few steps back, but quickly dug his heels in again. "Let me use this or you'll die. Not today, but soon. You're the only thing standing in my way, and you're not really willing to hurt me the way that I'm willing to hurt you and everyone around you. I got nothing to lose."

Alison thought that Adam wasn't going to get anything from the necklace that night, but she still wanted it back. They circled each other and Adam dodged Alison's first few attempts. With a simple feint, Alison was able to grab Adam's arm but Adam punched her in the face and she let go in surprise. A chime echoed from the quad. "You're too late," smirked Adam as he prepared himself for another flash of light and rush of power.

Alison charged at him, but a dark cloud exploded out around the medallion and expanded out in a blast to knock Alison back to the edge of the courtyard. She found herself on the ground and lifted her heavy head. She felt tired for the first time in a while. The rain fell harder and became a curtain of water between the covered walkway where she landed and the open courtyard where Adam had been. She stood up shakily and realized she didn't reach up to the awning above her as far as before. She had shrunk several inches. Her body was still amazingly muscular and with a few flexes she felt the power return and recharge her. She was still about the size Adam had been. Did the medallion take some of her power? Did it give that power to Adam? If so, he was the alpha male on campus once again. She peered out through the rain and began to walk the covered perimeter of the courtyard.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5