To Protect and Serve - Ch.3 Posted 3/15/2019

1 hour ago, ploder4 said:

Now another question...

John's power seems to be growing at an exponential rate.  Would it be possible for John to create a megaton blast with an unrestrained punch to the ground?

Theoretically, given enough time and enough stimulus to challenge him to grow, John could yes.  But in "reality" no.  It will become harder and harder for John to find physical stimulus to challenge him.  There will be heavier things sure but they'll be so much larger than John, he couldn't really move them.  And there are limits that even his bones can't cross to support weight, even through they're much stronger than normal bone.  So, eventually he will stop the exponential growth and stop - only growing on a rare occasion when he is exposed to something that makes it happen.  

That said - how much force can he generate?  A LOT.  It's obvious I write as grounded in reality as I can - and since I have minors in math and physics. - I did the force calculations.  His strongest punch is like being hit by a mid-size jackhammer.  (How he can crack granite) And that will just keep growing.  Remember how Will and Skye crushed the coins and imprinted their thumb prints?  That striking power is around 200 tons of pressure.  John will pass that before the end.

But if you wanted it in the terms of nuclear weapons, the smallest nuclear ever made by the US was a nuclear artillery shell with a yield of .072 kT (72 tons of TNT).  Could John manage to generate the overpressure that shell can do? I'd have to go through the calculations.  But at least the PSI he can generate and what that bomb generates through the air would be comparable.

Sorry to go all "science dork" but John is based on me - a former Sheriff’s deputy with an attitude for science, lol.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GymPredator said:

Theoretically, given enough time and enough stimulus to challenge him to grow, John could yes.  But in "reality" no.  It will become harder and harder for John to find physical stimulus to challenge him.  There will be heavier things sure but they'll be so much larger than John, he couldn't really move them.  And there are limits that even his bones can't cross to support weight, even through they're much stronger than normal bone.  So, eventually he will stop the exponential growth and stop - only growing on a rare occasion when he is exposed to something that makes it happen.  

That said - how much force can he generate?  A LOT.  It's obvious I write as grounded in reality as I can - and since I have minors in math and physics. - I did the force calculations.  His strongest punch is like being hit by a mid-size jackhammer.  (How he can crack granite) And that will just keep growing.  Remember how Will and Skye crushed the coins and imprinted their thumb prints?  That striking power is around 200 tons of pressure.  John will pass that before the end.

But if you wanted it in the terms of nuclear weapons, the smallest nuclear ever made by the US was a nuclear artillery shell with a yield of .072 kT (72 tons of TNT).  Could John manage to generate the overpressure that shell can do? I'd have to go through the calculations.  But at least the PSI he can generate and what that bomb generates through the air would be comparable.

Sorry to go all "science dork" but John is based on me - a former Sheriff’s deputy with an attitude for science, lol.

*science dork-iness in my super  strength*

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I finally caught up with this story - I missed the start, then came across it a few weeks ago and started reading.

I have to say that this is a unique story -  the mental and physical and spiritual aspects of the characters are all on display here and explored in a way that is usually not done in the muscle growth stories.  Very layered and very detailed, with much focus on what the characters FEEL - it's  a unique approach.

I'm enjoying this story and this approach to these characters.  

Gym Predator, your commentary explaining the inspiration for the different parts of this universe is very helpful in making this comprehensible and also more enjoyable.  I look forward to reading more in this story!

I also really like the "smack talk" John gave Gabriel to get him to react! Sneaky!

Mdlftr

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, hoga said:

I would love to see you talk a little bit more about Gabriels gains. Some moment when even John is surprised how strong he is.- hot

Spoilers... lol.

Let's just say that upcoming, THEY are going somewhere where they both are going to show off and have some fun.  And John won't be the only one getting attention.

Gabriel is so new to strength training that his natural "newbie gains" haven't kicked in... yet. :) And Gabriel has been working his ass off...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2021 at 4:03 PM, Mdlftr said:

I finally caught up with this story - I missed the start, then came across it a few weeks ago and started reading.

I have to say that this is a unique story -  the mental and physical and spiritual aspects of the characters are all on display here and explored in a way that is usually not done in the muscle growth stories.  Very layered and very detailed, with much focus on what the characters FEEL - it's  a unique approach.

I'm enjoying this story and this approach to these characters.  

Gym Predator, your commentary explaining the inspiration for the different parts of this universe is very helpful in making this comprehensible and also more enjoyable.  I look forward to reading more in this story!

I also really like the "smack talk" John gave Gabriel to get him to react! Sneaky!

Mdlftr

Thanks man.  

I knew coming in that this would be rather different to most MGS stories.  Most of them,  and some that I truly love, focus on the growth, the muscle, strength and what you do with it etc.  Everything else is sort of an "add on" to that focus.  Some stories like that are amazing.  But I wanted to do the reverse.  Focus on the people, as much as i could real life people in real life situations, who have growth as an add on.  How the growth changes their lives, and by extension, how growth might change  our lives.  Everyone who had done bodybuilding for themselves - like me - or has been through an extreme transformation understands just how transformative it is in how you relate to the world and how it relates to you.  This just goes one step more - how a real MGS level transformation would chance us and how we relate to the world and  how it would really relate to us.  (Spoilers - History and current events show us that people almost never accept that which is different and usually sink to the lowest common denominator.  It is our psychological and evolutionary make up at play.  I haven't shied away from trying to  show how it would really be, and I am not going to start shying away now.)

Anyway, because I wanted it to be detailed and as real as I could make it given the subject - I knew it would get complex.  The symbolism and the real life people and incidents I have put in here only make it that much harder.  It will make sense in the end, I think, but getting there ... well, that essay about what certain things mean or how I arrived at how fast John can run or his measurements or how strong he will become, the real life science behind what happens to him - I think you will all be shocked at just HOW much of it is based on real, currently ongoing research, and that one day we may very well face the choices that John and Gabriel do - that essay i am pretty sure I will do as an appendix.  The story I have not shared on MGS since it has a much more macrophilia/size difference component (and much more violence as macro stories tend to be) I have scientific journal articles and research out the ass making even THAT as real as I can.

Again, thank you.  Everyone seems to have really enjoyed John and Gabriel's little "smackdown."  I wanted to express what would be, I think, a totally natural reaction any of us would have around someone like John.  But I was very concerned that it not come off as abusive or too heavy handed. I wanted to contrast and show how John had "grown" from the last time he used that language and some of those nasty dominating with Heath.  I watched a video from a writer about "Mary Sue" characters, and John has a real danger of becoming that - and I do not want it because god knows the "real" John has way too many flaws.  Showing how he struggles with anger and pain and the temptation to dominate that he falls into and how he is trying to be better ... and the same for Gabriel.  Anyway, i am very glad that it has been received as I intended.  It will not be the last time John faces the rage. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey All - 

So, as you may have seen, the admins and I tried to merge the first chapters of the story into the current thread so that everyone could read them... and there have been some unforeseen results.  I can no longer change the title to reflect when I post new chapters.  Can't change the format on some chapters.  Several other things.  According to the admins, this is permanent.  So, the only way to resolve is to begin a new thread.

SO - starting when I post the next section, I will begin a new thread.  Every part from Ch 1 on will be posted in order.  I will have a link to this thread for the discussion and comments here, but will be migrating to the new thread and will post a link to the new one when this one is closed.

Just want to give you a heads up, of why I will be migrating, and thanks to the admins for trying to help with fixing this.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

The last chapter gave the right impression about how well they understand each other.  John knew Gabe was going to have to learn the lesson eventually.   John didn't make it easy, but letting Gabe have the one chance to really use the skills he developed and the progress he made.  John constantly reminds Gabe that he and the giants will live in a different world.  While Gabe is "inferior" to them, he'll be surprised to what become of him in the littles world.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

LINK TO NEW THREAD - 

The story and comments will now be posted on the new thread.  Again, thanks to everyone for their patience

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...