The Ultimate Musketeer Saves Christmas : A Holiday Short Story

CardiMuscleman

"Ah, Jeremy, glad I've caught you!"

"Ah, Mr. Stuart" smiled Jeremy and then noted the expression on his face, "Is everything all right, sir?"

"In a word, no" came the reply and with that gestured the exchange student into a spare classroom that wasn't being used. As he said behind a desk he sighed and said "I'm afraid we may have to cancel the Christmas Fayre!"

"No" exclaimed the Englishman, "but the effort we've put into it all. What will the school think?"

"I know" replied Mr. Stuart, "but, well, look at this e-mail I've had this morning" and with that handed his smartphone to Jeremy who read it with an air of concern, "Dear Sir, I am sorry to have to report that John Cena is no longer able to be your Father Christmas for the fayre that you are holding on December 19th next due to having suffered a broken ankle in his most recent bout. We will be more than happy to refund the cost of hiring him"

As Jeremy handed the phone back, his heart sank. He had agreed to be the elf in charge of Santa's grotto and had instigated the poll on the school's website for people to choose who should play Santa, "and now the whole school will be so disappointed" he frowned and then suddenly suggested "What about him?" he asked

"Him?" asked Mr. Stuart

As Jeremy mimed raising a sword he gasped, "But what if he, you know" and opened his eyes wide to recreate the expression on the Ultimate Musketeer's face when he orgasmed after his last appearance, "I mean you haven't been him since Hallowe'en. He's going to be in a foul mood you know!"

"I cannot disappoint the school" came the reply and so it was agreed that Jeremy would meet up at Mr. Stuart's house early on the Saturday morning and between them they would try and convince his alter ego to step into the breach

"NO!" came the resounding reply

"What?" exclaimed Alexi and Jeremy in unison

"NO!" the Ultimate Musketeer insisted, "Why should I? You seem to forget that I was a hero back in the time of Louis XIII and XIV. Anyway who is this Santa Claus?"

"He's a person who delivers gifts to children across the world!" replied Jeremy in the back of the Musketeer's mind, "He's a force for good in the world just like you!"

Before the hero could answer, Alexi said "Have you ever celebrated Christmas?"

"Of course I" the Musketeer started but then stopped and bowed his head and said softly "No, monsieur" and explained that whilst the person who hosted him every time had indeed celebrated Christmas, he had never experienced it himself and with that sat down on a chair and held his head in his hands. The Ultimate Musketeer, perhaps the most powerful man ever to exist, was crying.

"There, There" said Jeremy and added "When I go back to England next week, I will let you celebrate Christmas as yourself!"

"But, you can't" exclaimed Alexi, "his and your secret!"

"No, it can be done!" and explained that every Christmas, whatever the weather, he had left the house where he lived after the presents had been unwrapped in the morning and walked around his neighbourhood speaking to the residents who were on their own or just needed a little solace, "If I explain to my parents that I wish to speak to someone who lives a little out of the way and that I will be back rather later than normal, that will give me time to become the Musketeer and introduce myself as a friend who has been invited to take part in Christmas!"

"You'd do that?" sniffed the Musketeer, "for me?"

"I'm British" chuckled Jeremy, "I'd do it for anyone!"

With that the Musketeer stood up and bellowed "Monsieur, you have a Santa Claus!"

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to our school's Christmas Fayre and would you please welcome our very special guest, Santa Claus!"

As the principal led the applause the Ultimate Musketeer, dressed in a bright red outfit stepped out of his grotto and with a mighty "HO, HO, HO!" announced "I now declare this Fayre and my Grotto OPEN!" and with that a rush of kindergarteners surged towards the grotto and for the rest of the afternoon, an almost constant supply of "Please Santa, can I have a lightsabre?" and "Could I have a Minion?" and one rather quiet "Santa, can I wish for snow?" came through and all the while the Musketeer laughed "Ho, Ho, Ho!". Just as the grotto was about to close another person came in and as the lad sat on Santa's lap he was asked "And what would you like for Christmas?"

"Mr. Cena" came the reply, "I want to ask a favour of you!" and as the Musketeer looked at the lad sitting on his lap, Jeremy exclaimed in the back of his mind "Oh, lord, Jake!"

"And what favour would that be?" replied the Musketeer, not breaking character for a second.

"Sir" came the rather modest reply, "Could you help me raise funds please?"

"Raise funds?" asked the Musketeer

"There's a hero of mine" Jake replied, "who I first met a few months ago. Sir, he's the biggest, strongest man in the world and, I realise this is unlikely to happen, but, sir, could you wrestle him for charity?"

"And who is this hero?" asked the Musketeer

"He calls himself the Ultimate Musketeer, sir" came the reply, "I first thought he was a comic book hero, but then, sir, I met him, just as I am meeting you and sir, he is magnificent. He's as big as Triple H, stronger than you and the Hulkster combined and oh, sir, could you wrestle him please?"

"And if I did, where would the funds go to?" asked the Musketeer

"To the charity that a friend of mine holds dear" came the reply, "a charity that raises funds for wounded warriors in my friend's homeland of England!"

As the Musketeer listened, Jeremy couldn't believe what he was hearing. Jake, the person who had bullied him all semester considered him a friend. Jeremy asked the Musketeer if he could speak and asked "Lad, why do you want me to wrestle your hero?"

"To admit to my friend that I was wrong" Jake said, "to admit that the Musketeers of old were heroes and that I shouldn't have bullied him over it. But, well, I'm the school's star quarterback, sir, if I don't bully someone who is different I'd be removed from my social circle of jocks. Consider it my Christmas present to him, sir!"

Now it was Jeremy's turn to cry and as the Musketeer replied, "I'll speak with this Ultimate Musketeer of which you speak. Now, you run along and I'll see what I can do!" in the back of his mind he could hear Jeremy wail "Thank you, Jake, Thank you!"

As promised the Ultimate Musketeer did celebrate Christmas with Jeremy's parents and once they had got over his size and strength, which was proven by him cracking walnuts with his fingers, they treated him as one of their own family. They shared their chocolate selection boxes with him, they pulled crackers with him which he always won, and they shared their Christmas dinner with him. And in deference to his host's nationality, he stood respectfully as the Queen delivered her Christmas address to which he whimpered "Dieu Sauve La Reine" as he saluted the National Anthem. As the sun started to set he gently shook his hosts hand and said "Madame, I thank you for allowing me to visit this, my first proper celebration of the Mass of Christ. If there is anything I can do for you, please let your son know!" and with that he bowed and let himself out of the door. As he walked slowly to the beach he started to cry gently and murmured "Thank you, Jeremy for allowing me to celebrate Christmas!"

"Not a problem in the slightest" replied Jeremy and added "And don't worry, when I get back to school in the New Year I'll arrange that wrestling bout between you and John Cena" and chuckled "Shall I send a picture of you posing naked or just as you are?"

As the Ultimate Musketeer's booming laugh filled the air, he stood on the beach overlooking the sea where Jeremy lived he raised his sword and roared "Thy honour is restored" and as Jeremy made his way back to his home, the Ultimate Musketeer said "Joyeux Noel, mon amis" to which Jeremy replied "And the same to you big guy!"

• Upvote 3