Deano, Again: A Muscle University Story (Deano Story 3)

muscleaddict

18 hours ago, suske said:

I'm more than willing to bribe, convince, or going full Annie Wilkes in order to persuade to get these images brawny drawn. 😬😈💪

I will fully support this! 😅

Seven

What. The. Fuck. Okay - this is a joke, right? I’m being pranked. How can they be here? How can Adam Lloyd be friends with Luke Henderson and Sebastian “Woody” Wood?

But it’s not a joke. And they ARE here. And now I’m following Adam, heading right for the table they’re seated at. The two guys I haven’t spoken to for the last ten months. The two guys I fucking OUTED to the whole university. The first guy I ever liked and kissed who I spent ages trying to get over and the guy he chose over me. 

“You lads must know each other?” Adam says when we get to the table.

“All right, Deano?” Woody says to me in a surprisingly light tone. He’s even got this smirk on his face. Like he’s kind of enjoying the drama. I don’t fucking believe it. Or maybe I do. Maybe this is EXACTLY how Sebastian Wood reacts to this type of situation.

“All right,” I say, sitting opposite Luke and trying to act like everything’s normal. Luke mutters a hi. He’s wearing a tight blue t-shirt and looks about as awkward and uncomfortable as I feel. He side-eyes Woody.

Adam asks them if they’re okay for drinks, then asks me what I’m having. I suddenly think on my feet. “I’ll go,” I say, standing up.

“You sure?”

Yes, I’m fucking sure. Because the alternative is sitting here opposite two people who hate my fucking guts. Woody’s still got that smirk on his (still ridiculously good looking) face as I stand up. Fuck’s sake. I’m starting to remember why this guy used to wind me up so much.

My mind starts spiralling when I’m at the bar. Why didn’t Adam tell me this is who we were meeting? I wouldn’t have fucking come if I’d have known. He knew we’d know each other. We’re in the same fucking year. Did he not think there was even the slightest possibility that we wouldn’t get on?

And how are they even friends? Adam graduated last year. The only reason WE’RE friends is because I’m training with Walker and Adam’s his teaching assistant. And then another thought hits me. Wait - is THAT why they’re friends? Because they all have a certain something in common? Because Adam is like them? Because Adam is like ME? I get this sort of warm, excited feeling at that thought. I also can’t seem to stop thinking about Adam's comment about my jeans. Or the fact that his arm was pushed up against mine on the bus. Okay - that couldn’t exactly have been helped. It's not like he did it on purpose or anything. But I still can’t stop thinking about it.

When the slightly scared looking barman hands me mine and Adam’s drinks, my chest tightens and I get this horrible sense of dread. Because now I have to go back and sit opposite Luke Henderson and Sebastian Wood. For fuck’s sake. This is like a bad fucking dream.

The atmosphere feels tense when I get back to the table and sit down. God this is awkward. Adam gives me a sort of nervous, tight-lipped smile. Like he’s sensed I’m not completely comfortable.

Woody clears his throat. He’s wearing a black vest like the one he always used to wear. It might even BE that one. “So … how’s the training going, Deano?”

What the fuck? Luke gives him a weird look. I glance at Adam, who’s looking at me expectedly. So Woody wants to play nice. I can do that.

“Yep. It’s … good,” I say, burying my face in my pint glass.

“Interesting diet plan!” Woody says, nodding at my drink. Is he trying to wind me up?

“Ahem … yes, I’m gonna pretend that’s a non-alcoholic beer,” Adam teases. Luke’s being quiet. He’s clearly not having fun. At all. Which kinda makes two of us. Although … the night hasn’t been entirely without its positives so far.

“Deano’s good at pretending,” Woody says, giving me this smirk.

Did he seriously just fucking say that? My chest tightens. I don’t respond. Something flickers across Woody’s face. Like maybe he's regretting what he just said. Luke’s looking at him with this kind of frowning expression. Like he disapproves of his boyfriend's behaviour.

Woody seems to drop the snarky comments after that. Maybe he just needed to get it out of his system. Or maybe he was trying to get a rise out of me. 

I disappear to the toilet and when I come back I’m relieved to find that Woody and Luke have gone to the bar. Adam’s alone, playing with his phone. I really wish it was just the two of us tonight.

“You all right, Deano?” he asks.

Mmmm,” I say with a nod. He gives me a look like he doesn’t quite believe me.

He clears his throat. “I’m kind of sensing a bit of tension.”

I don’t know what to say. 

“Between you and Woody?”

I roll my eyes and half-heartedly shrug.

“Shit. I should've checked to see if you got on. Sorry.”

“It's fine.”

“I can see how someone might think he’s a bit … full of himself, I guess.”

I look at Adam with one eyebrow raised. He smirks at me. “I think it’s a bit of a front, personally.”

“How do you know each other?” I ask him, feeling surprisingly nervous.

“From the end of year bodybuilding show.”

Of course. Woody competed in that. 

“And a little bit before that.”

I nod. What the fuck does that mean?

“Maybe we should have stayed in and played Xbox?” Adam suggests. His mouth curling into one of those kinds of shy smiles he does.

Fuck. I find myself smirking back. 

“Invited Shaun round,” he adds.

There’s a pause.

“Or not.”

Fuck. What the fuck? He gives me this look. I don't know what the hell it means. Then my two best mates in the whole wide world come back to the table. “Cheers,” I say to Luke, as he hands me my beer. I hold eye contact with him and he offers up a polite smile. And at that moment, I wonder if there’s a possibility that maybe he doesn’t actually hate me that much after all.

When it’s my round and I’m standing at the bar, my head is spinning. What did Adam mean earlier? I’m snapped from my thoughts. Because Sebastian "Woody" Wood is suddenly standing next to me.

“Thought you might need a hand,” he says, in a weirdly sincere tone.

Umm. What the hell?

“Thanks,” I mutter.

He clears his throat. “Well ... this is kind of awkward.”

I roll my tongue around the inside of my cheek. “I didn’t know you guys were gonna be here.” 

“Yeah. I kinda gathered that. Congrats, by the way.”

I look over at him.

“The training programme. The McCarthy Classic.”

I nod.

“Might apply myself next year.”

Wait - so Woody didn’t apply? Huh. That doesn’t make sense. Why wouldn’t Woody apply? Unless he’s lying. Just to try and save face.

“How are the parents?”

I look at him confused.

“Still dwarves?”

And then his face breaks into a smile. Not a sly smirk either. An actual, GENUINE smile. Wow. I feel myself melting. And now I'm suddenly remembering why I used to be so obsessed with this guy.

“Just the one,” I say, failing to smile back. 

He leans forward and rests his elbows on the bar. “So … training with Adam?”

He’s got this look on his face. He looks back at the table over my shoulder.

“Don’t you think he looks a bit like AJ Jones?”

I look back at Adam. He’s in conversation with Luke. And God yes. He actually does look like AJ Jones. I knew he reminded me of someone.

“Erm … actually, yeah!”

“I think it’s the ears,” Woody says. 

I turn to him and he’s smiling at me. Another genuine smile. And I'm smiling back. Fucking hell. For the first time in so long,full-on it feels like we don’t hate each other. Not that I ever did hate Sebastian “Woody” Wood. Not really.

“Not exactly buzzing in here is it?” he says, looking around the pub. “I told Adam we should’ve gone to Glasgow.”

“Glasgow?!" I say, screwing my face up. "That’s miles away.”

He groans and rolls his eyes. “You sound like Adam. AND Luke!”

“You guys go to Glasgow?” I ask, surprised.

Woody shrugs. “Mmmm. Every now and then. There are some good clubs. You should go some time.”

There’s an awkward pause. He’s giving me this look. I know EXACTLY what he’s implying. And what kind of clubs he’s talking about. I can’t help but smirk back at him. Despite myself.

And then a thought suddenly comes to me. And this jolt of something goes through me. Excitement. Slight panic. But mostly excitement. And I need to know. I NEED to ask the question. 

“Does Adam go with you?” I ask Woody, not looking at his face, my chest tightening.

He doesn’t respond. Shit - was I not supposed to ask that question? I cautiously look at Woody. 

He’s biting his lip. And he’s got this look on his face that tells me YES. That Adam sometimes goes to those clubs with Woody and Luke. Because Adam is like Woody and Luke. Because ridiculously good looking jug-eared tank-sized Adam Lloyd really is like ME. The thing is - I think I already knew it. Maybe I even knew it the first time I ever saw him.

“I’m not sure if I’m supposed to be telling you that,” he says, looking past my shoulder and in the direction of the table where Luke and Adam are sitting. 

I nod. “Erm … I won’t say anything," I say, my head spinning.

Fuck. So Adam Lloyd IS gay. Or bi. Well … he likes lads, at least. That much is confirmed.

Something rises in my chest. And this warmth goes through me. I’m suddenly finding myself wanting to smile. 

From somewhere I feel a surge of bravery. “Does Luke hate my guts?”

Woody grins and bites his lip, clearly amused. “Nah! He’s pretty forgiving. He doesn’t really hold grudges.”

He looks over to the table Adam and Luke are seated and I see it. The way he's looking at Luke. I see how much he really likes him. Something twists in my stomach. Just a little. 

“And ...,“ he clears his throat. “Okay - Luke would KILL me if he knew I told you this. But ...," he clears his throat, "we have these LISTS. Of the lads at uni.”

Umm. What the fuck? I’m furrowing my eyebrows at him, but I’m finding it really hard not to smile too.

“Best pecs. Best abs. Best looking!” he clarifies. He seems kind of excited to be telling me this.

I nod, suddenly feeling nervous and having no idea where this conversation is going.

“And … you’re at the top of one of Luke’s lists.”

What the hell? 

“Erm Okay …,” I say, confused but getting a surprising kick out of hearing this.

Woody raises his eyebrows. “Let’s just say … he probably likes the image of you in those jeans!”

Oh my God. I’m full on smirking. STOP smirking. “Best quads?” I ask. (But I know that’s not what he’s talking about.)

Woody gives me a look as if to say, “Come the fuck on.”

I roll my tongue around the inside of my mouth and don't reply.

So Luke Henderson thinks I have the best arse of all the lads at Montgomery? I have no idea how to process this information. I suddenly have a fleeting thought. That I wish I was at the top of one of Woody’s lists.

“You seem … different,” he says, studying my face.

I frown and turn away, looking ahead to the barman. I feel a pinch of something in my chest.

“In what way?” I ask, despite myself. My voice sounding weirdly meek.

“Just … more mature I guess. I’ve thought it for a while. Since the beginning of the school year, anyway.”

I roll my tongue around the inside of my mouth. “You seem …,” and then I turn to face him. “Exactly the same!”

Woody's mouth curls into a grin. God - he really IS ridiculously good looking. This is so fucking surreal. I never thought I’d be doing this tonight. Who knows. Maybe there’s a chance me and Sebastian "Woody" Wood could actually be friends. 

We get an Uber back to campus. The driver calls Woody “Henry” which confuses me. I wonder if that’s his real name. But then realise that’s ridiculous. Because if anyone were ever to change their name, there’s no way in hell they’d change it to Sebastian.

I end up in the front seat with the three others squeezed in the back. Which I’m grateful for. Being squashed up against either Woody or Luke in the back of an Uber. This night has been awkward enough.

I can’t help but be amused at the image of Luke squashed up next to Adam. (And I guess, if I'm being honest, a little jealous.) Adam looks about twice Luke’s size. It's a pretty funny image.

When we get to Adam’s dorm room back at campus, the four of us stop in the hall. Me and Adam on one side, Woody and Luke on the other. Wow. More awkwardness. 

“Thanks for coming out, guys,” Adam says. I wonder what they’ll say about me when they get back to their dorm room. And then I suddenly panic. Because - oh shit - my dorm room is in the same direction as theirs. I’m going to have to walk with them. Just the three of us. For fuck’s sake.

Adam looks at me. This weird look on his face. “Umm … D, did you wanna borrow that game?”

Huh? I look at him confused. And then it hits me. He’s trying to save me. As if he’s read my mind. I love that. I also kinda love that he just called me D.

Luke and Woody leave. And now it’s just me and Adam again. Adam - who’s like me. Adam - who DEFINITELY likes lads. Adam - whose ears I can’t seem to stop thinking about. 

“Thanks for that!”

He smiles at me. One of those sort of crooked, coy smiles. “No worries.”

And now we’re just looking at each other. God, he’s handsome. And he’s huge.

“I wanna say tonight was kind of a disaster, but … I think I actually enjoyed it.”

I can’t help smiling at that.

“Well … parts of it, anyway.”

He’s giving me this look. Wait - what parts is he referring to? The part where we were squashed up against each other on the bus? Or the part where he was teasing me about my skinny jeans? Which bordered on fucking flirting. Fuck.

“Well … thanks for coming out.” 

"No worries," I say, feeling a crushing disappointment. That this is it. That the night is over.

“See ya Monday then, Deano. Oh - and we should definitely do that gaming night.”

I nod, rolling my tongue around the inside of my mouth trying to cover up my smirk before saying bye and heading back to my dorm room, my thoughts occupied with the events of the night. 

So Adam Lloyd likes lads. That doesn’t necessarily mean anything has to happen. He might have a boyfriend. Maybe that hot guy, Ty, from the SU bar last weekend. Or someone back home in Kent. 

It might actually be good for me to have a mate who’s into lads. Someone I can talk to about it. Someone who actually understands. Someone I can maybe go to Glasgow with. Who knows - maybe me, Adam, Woody and Henderson could become a little foursome. Okay - that’s NEVER gonna happen.

But still - me and Adam get on. We’re already mates. Just because he likes lads and he’s huge and handsome and has those big jug ears, doesn’t mean anything has to happen between us. 

It doesn’t mean that at all.

• Like 19

Mellow and beautifully crafted chapter with Deano somewhat reconciling with Woody and Luke.  Adam of course was the positive catalyst with that happening.   And it looks like we're getting closer to seeing what Adam's real intentions are regarding Deano.  Great job, MA, and fun hearing the AJ Jones reference!

• Like 2

Ok. Once again another win!! One thing I really admire in your writing is your ability to bring back characters in a way that really means something. You also were able to tell a lot about Adam without “telling” a lot about Adam, which is amazing! Keep up the awesome work and I can’t wait till chapter 8!! 

• Like 2

i dunno why but it annoys me the "Sebastian "woody" Wood" part like we already know his surname why u have to say it everytime lol 

Oh Deano. He is having all this new experiences and i love to read his journey. 

• Like 1

That is such a wonderfully written chapter - not that they all aren't! - but the pace and pitch are just spot on! Thank you for not just writing this but, again, sharing it with us all!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DennisFLL said:

Mellow and beautifully crafted chapter with Deano somewhat reconciling with Woody and Luke.  Adam of course was the positive catalyst with that happening.   And it looks like we're getting closer to seeing what Adam's real intentions are regarding Deano.  Great job, MA, and fun hearing the AJ Jones reference!

Thank you, mate. This was a really fun chapter to write. There was always something there between Woody and Deano so it was fun to go back and revisit that. In an alternative universe where Luke never transferred to MU I firmly believe something more could have happened between them. 

I actually have something to reveal about Adam so stay tuned. I'll give you guys a hint: you may have already seen him in a previous story. 👀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bjort said:

Slow burn! Such a tease but great! 👍

28 minutes ago, WashburnDaddy said:

That is such a wonderfully written chapter - not that they all aren't! - but the pace and pitch are just spot on! Thank you for not just writing this but, again, sharing it with us all!

Thanks so much, both! 😊 Unless there's a sudden market for stories about guys lusting over bodybuilders with bouncing pecs and massive arses I don't think I'll be sharing these anywhere else. 🤪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, biggymnast84 said:

Ok. Once again another win!! One thing I really admire in your writing is your ability to bring back characters in a way that really means something. You also were able to tell a lot about Adam without “telling” a lot about Adam, which is amazing! Keep up the awesome work and I can’t wait till chapter 8!! 

Thanks for the lovely feedback, mate. 😊 Excited to share the rest and to see what you guys make of what's to come! 😏

1 hour ago, Ro20316 said:

i dunno why but it annoys me the "Sebastian "woody" Wood" part like we already know his surname why u have to say it everytime lol 

Oh Deano. He is having all this new experiences and i love to read his journey. 

You better take that up with The Pocket Rocket!

• Like 2