Muscle Lads, Inc.

muscleaddict

12 hours ago, DennisFLL said:

I'm happy Ozzie and AJ came in first and second!  Two amazingly written, funny, quirky, lovable (and gorgeous) characters and my two favorites.  Deano Jr. placing fourth is very respectable as he had a lot of competition from all the other wonderfully developed characters from muscleaddict's incredible writing skills.  But Mdlftr - you're right, it does give pause as to why a relatively minor character like Danny beat out our Deano Jr. in placement.  

10 hours ago, Hialmar said:

Might it be, that Danny is fresher in some readers' memories than less recent characters, and that more recent readers haven't read @muscleaddict's earlier oeuvre yet?

I think you're right @Hialmar - Danny is very fresh in the memory.

To put things into perspective, Deano was in the no.3 slot pretty much all week then Danny got two extra votes at the last minute so there wasn't that much in it.

• Upvote 1

I've done another poll. This time voting for your favourite story or stories. Much like the previous poll you can vote for as many as you like... https://forms.gle/AUEh7eJ3Zc8psv3W9

I've left off some of the older, less well-known stories that were written pre-AJ & Noah but there's an "Other" option if there's a story you really liked which isn't on there.

1 hour ago, muscleaddict said:

I've done another poll. This time voting for your favourite story or stories. Much like the previous poll you can vote for as many as you like... https://forms.gle/AUEh7eJ3Zc8psv3W9

I've left off some of the older, less well-known stories that were written pre-AJ & Noah but there's an "Other" option if there's a story you really liked which isn't on there.

These are really fun.  You might be on a roll with these surveys.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 6:26 PM, muscleaddict said:

Thanks to everyone who voted in this one! Results below...

10. Three Days of Archie (Short story I wrote last year featuring Deano's geeky, muscle-loving future step-brother.)

9. An American Muscle God (First story I ever wrote! 🤓)

8. Deano's Winter (8 chapter novella/Deano meets Harry the Bouncer.)

7. Ozzie & Deano (Short story from Ozzie's POV.)

6. Charlie's Secret

5. Muscle University

4. Deano's Summer

3. Muscle Lads, Inc.

2. AJ & Noah

1. Deano, Again (Adam V Ozzie/Chicago trip story.)

I guess people *really* like Ozzie?! 🤪

• Like 8

I have another insight into Danny’s popularity vs Deano Jr.  Yes Danny is the newer character. But Danny also is a character of relative mystery. We know Deano. He is in many ways more like us;  our struggles, our desires, our follies, our joys and our problems. Danny is what we desire. He is the mystery superstud we oogle in the gym, the muscleman we lust after on Instagram and X, the sexy bodybuilder we all dream about!  And then to have him suddenly turn into a combination of Prince Charming and Superman and sweep our main character right off his feet, well who wouldn’t fall for that fairy tale hero?  🥰🥰🥰.  

Frankly, I voted for Deano Jr.  cuz ya made me love the short arsed twat face despite all of his issues and trials. ❤️❤️❤️  That’s real serious writing mate!!! 🎉🎉🎉

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On 11/19/2023 at 8:32 AM, muscleaddict said:

Thanks to everyone who voted in this one! Results below...

10. Three Days of Archie (Short story I wrote last year featuring Deano's geeky, muscle-loving future step-brother.)

9. An American Muscle God (First story I ever wrote! 🤓)

8. Deano's Winter (8 chapter novella/Deano meets Harry the Bouncer.)

7. Ozzie & Deano (Short story from Ozzie's POV.)

6. Charlie's Secret

5. Muscle University

4. Deano's Summer

3. Muscle Lads, Inc.

2. AJ & Noah

1. Deano, Again (Adam V Ozzie/Chicago trip story.)

I guess people *really* like Ozzie?! 🤪

I don’t know, but it looks like I have a thing for short assed, cocky bodybuilders. Ozzie, Deano & Danny King. 😘💪🤫❤️❤️❤️

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/19/2023 at 8:04 PM, Bjort said:

I have another insight into Danny’s popularity vs Deano Jr.  Yes Danny is the newer character. But Danny also is a character of relative mystery. We know Deano. He is in many ways more like us;  our struggles, our desires, our follies, our joys and our problems. Danny is what we desire. He is the mystery superstud we oogle in the gym, the muscleman we lust after on Instagram and X, the sexy bodybuilder we all dream about!  And then to have him suddenly turn into a combination of Prince Charming and Superman and sweep our main character right off his feet, well who wouldn’t fall for that fairy tale hero?  🥰🥰🥰.  

Frankly, I voted for Deano Jr.  cuz ya made me love the short arsed twat face despite all of his issues and trials. ❤️❤️❤️  That’s real serious writing mate!!! 🎉🎉🎉

Oh wow - I love this theory!! I think you might be on to something here, mate. Deano is the flawed, messy, complex protagonist many people probably see themselves in, even if they don't want to. Whereas Danny is the strong, silent, emotionally mature half-gorilla dreamboat who swoops in and rescues us when we have a panic attack after being caught shagging our coach's sort of boyfriend in the toilets (come on - we've all been there). Plus - you know - Danny is just so fucking hot! 😅 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/21/2023 at 9:54 PM, BrzNLA said:

I don’t know, but it looks like I have a thing for short assed, cocky bodybuilders. Ozzie, Deano & Danny King. 😘💪🤫❤️❤️❤️

Short-arsed roided munchkins forever. 😊 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/21/2023 at 10:54 PM, BrzNLA said:

Don't forget Alfie! 

• Like 3