Muscle Lads, Inc.

muscleaddict

@muscleaddict I’m loving the story right now mate. The pace is fantastic, not a cliffhanger ending but you keep it me wanting more. That is amazing writing. I can’t wait to read about the boys night out.💪💪👍❤️

Now, for the weird comment and this one is on me: my favorite part of the chapter is Alfie describing his dad and Kevin, collecting teapots and Royal Family memorabilia. It made me laugh out loud. 🤣👍

• Like 2

I was away for a week's vacation, seeing and doing great things, but my mind was often on the stories MA was posting and I were missing.  Well, I'm home now and I'm not disappointed to say the least with my catch-up.  Still loving each of your characters' developments - (1) Nick and his shyness juxtaposed against how his bodybuilding emboldens him at times.  He also seems to be ripe for us readers to soon be enjoying some hot muscle worshiping.  (2) You've given Alfie a really great sensitive and caring side to the character.  Love his having a gay father and all the possibilities where that part of the story may go.  And what's the scoop with this secret Instagram admirer?  (3) Danny will be fun reading about, hoping the next chapter is written in his POV and we'll learn fully where this hot bodybuilder is coming from. 

Great writing, as always, MA.  Very much looking forward to more soon!       

• Like 4

I was away for a week's vacation, seeing and doing great things, but my mind was often on the stories MA was posting and I were missing.  Well, I'm home now and I'm not disappointed to say the least with my catch-up.  Still loving each of your characters' developments - (1) Nick and his shyness juxtaposed against how his bodybuilding emboldens him at times.  He also seems to be ripe for us readers to soon be enjoying some hot muscle worshiping.  (2) You've given Alfie a really great sensitive and caring side to the character.  Love his having a gay father and all the possibilities where that part of the story may go.  And what's the scoop with this secret Instagram admirer?  (3) Danny will be fun reading about, hoping the next chapter is in his POV and learn where this hot bodybuilder is coming from. 

• Upvote 1

I'm particularly enjoying your latest writing. You're developing quite an oeuvre! I particularly like Alfie's unabashed attitude towards life, bodybuilding, posing briefs, his friendships, etc. He puts himself out there honestly, exuberantly. All of us are rooting for him!  But he has to have a serious side, right? After all,  he has his next prep at some point in the future.

I  have a question I've wanted to ask for quite a while. Don't take this the wrong way, I do realize that I am on the wrong side of the Atlantic. 😬  What is the deal with all the lip biting that your characters do? I understand its context and various implications, but is this something that blokes do in the UK?  I decided to google this (scienceofpeople.com) and read that lower lip biting suggests sexual attraction and can act as a pacifier if done repeatedly.  Biting the upper lip suggests anxiety or nervousness. 🤔

SO, I'd like to know if Nick is biting his upper or lower lip when he's around Alfie.  (And WHICH lip is Danny going to bite?! ). Now that I read about these subtle meanings behind these gestures, I'm cheering for Nick to bite his cute and sexy lower lip when he's around Alfie.  There are also instances in the story where I know for sure he's biting his upper lip. 🙄 Thoughts? Will you be more specific with this going forward?

• Like 1

On 6/6/2023 at 12:48 PM, muscleaddict said:

Come on, mate. You must have a few extra special favourites! 🤪

Totally!! Deano Sr.!! TOTAL embarrassing, obnoxious, brash but loveable parent!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/6/2023 at 8:57 PM, BrzNLA said:

@muscleaddict I’m loving the story right now mate. The pace is fantastic, not a cliffhanger ending but you keep it me wanting more. That is amazing writing. I can’t wait to read about the boys night out.💪💪👍❤️

Now, for the weird comment and this one is on me: my favorite part of the chapter is Alfie describing his dad and Kevin, collecting teapots and Royal Family memorabilia. It made me laugh out loud. 🤣👍

Thank you, mate! I'm glad you're still enjoying it. I'm excited to see what people make of the next few chapters. As for the teapots - we all need a hobby! 🤪😅 You'll find out what Nick's is towards the end of the story...

On 6/7/2023 at 12:03 PM, DennisFLL said:

I was away for a week's vacation, seeing and doing great things, but my mind was often on the stories MA was posting and I were missing.  Well, I'm home now and I'm not disappointed to say the least with my catch-up.  Still loving each of your characters' developments - (1) Nick and his shyness juxtaposed against how his bodybuilding emboldens him at times.  He also seems to be ripe for us readers to soon be enjoying some hot muscle worshiping.  (2) You've given Alfie a really great sensitive and caring side to the character.  Love his having a gay father and all the possibilities where that part of the story may go.  And what's the scoop with this secret Instagram admirer?  (3) Danny will be fun reading about, hoping the next chapter is written in his POV and we'll learn fully where this hot bodybuilder is coming from. 

Thanks for the awesome comment (as always), matie. I won't say too much on the Alfie front, but his storylines really start to kick in over the next few chapters. As for Danny...so the original plan *was* to do a chapter told from his point of view. I thought it would be a nice surprise/curveball but when it came to it, it just didn't feel right for the story. 

I usually start these stories knowing where I'm going to end up and a rough idea of how I'm going to get there but I always have ideas for potential things to include and often as the story evolves, some of those things don't make sense anymore and don't end up being included or they don't quite fit with the way the story is flowing etc.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ShreddedBliss said:

I'm particularly enjoying your latest writing. You're developing quite an oeuvre! I particularly like Alfie's unabashed attitude towards life, bodybuilding, posing briefs, his friendships, etc. He puts himself out there honestly, exuberantly. All of us are rooting for him!  But he has to have a serious side, right? After all,  he has his next prep at some point in the future.

I  have a question I've wanted to ask for quite a while. Don't take this the wrong way, I do realize that I am on the wrong side of the Atlantic. 😬  What is the deal with all the lip biting that your characters do? I understand its context and various implications, but is this something that blokes do in the UK?  I decided to google this (scienceofpeople.com) and read that lower lip biting suggests sexual attraction and can act as a pacifier if done repeatedly.  Biting the upper lip suggests anxiety or nervousness. 🤔

SO, I'd like to know if Nick is biting his upper or lower lip when he's around Alfie.  (And WHICH lip is Danny going to bite?! ). Now that I read about these subtle meanings behind these gestures, I'm cheering for Nick to bite his cute and sexy lower lip when he's around Alfie.  There are also instances in the story where I know for sure he's biting his upper lip. 🙄 Thoughts? Will you be more specific with this going forward?

Thanks for the feedback, matie - good to see you on here! You'll definitely see some different sides to Alfie! The lip biting is mostly a sigh of nerves or characters doing it to cover up their smiles/reactions at what another character has just said or done. No hidden coding behind it I'm afraid! But I'll completely hold my hands up and say that I know I'm a little unimaginative and repetitive when it comes to characters being expressive with their faces (lip biting/eye rolling etc.) and it's something I need to improve on. This is where a good editor would probably come in handy! 

3 hours ago, Mdlftr said:

Totally!! Deano Sr.!! TOTAL embarrassing, obnoxious, brash but loveable parent!! 

Haha! In all honestly - he would probably be in my top 10 too. Maybe even top five! 🤪😅

• Like 1

I vote for lip-biting to be continued in future characters of your stories!   Makes them appear more human, showing their insecurities, et al, and even endears us to them more.   

• Like 2