Going Niche (Complete Story) [Bonus Material Added 8/29/23]

TQuintA

Chapter 11

The following morning, I awoke to a knock on my door.  Onyx never knocked, and the custodial staff waited until we were at breakfast to clean.  I’d never had anything delivered to my room (as Tony promised my new clothes would be), so I assumed that’s what this was.

The sun wasn’t up yet, but in the pale glow of the pre-dawn morning, I could see the mountainous bulge my morning wood made—all 9 thick inches of it.  I threw off the covers and trudged (still naked) to the door.  I wasn’t yet used to how ploddingly slow and heavy my body was at this size, but with my erection cutting a swath through the moonlight, it was a shockingly erotic experience.

I opened the door, expecting to find a delivery person hoping for a tip, not that I could give one, unless he accepted sex.  Or maybe it was a houseworker who’d been tasked with dropping off my clothes who was hoping for a peek at my magnificence.  Or maybe it was a clothes store worker who needed a thumbprint or some other sort of indemnification of receipt.

Instead, I found Hawk.

“Can I come in?” he asked.

“Of course,” I said, opening the door wider to let him enter.

“Close the door,” he instructed, sitting on my bed.

I did as he wanted and then joined him on the bed.

“What’s this about?” I asked.  In his 30 years of being a pleasure boy, Hawk had never visited me.  Not once.  We’d occasionally chat in the cafeteria or lobby.  We used to gossip during the morning meetings, but we hadn’t done that in at least five years.  We said hello to each other in the common areas.  But he’d never even been in my room.  What could have inspired him to come here, now, before sunrise no less?

“I’m throwing in the towel,” he said simply.

“What do you mean?”

“I’m leaving the house,” he clarified.  “I’ve already served my 25, so they can’t take my half-pension away from me.”

“No, they can’t,” I agreed, “but you’re still 20 years away from a full pension.”

“I’ve got a decent nest egg in my account.  With that and a half-pension, I can retire and not need to enter the labor forces.  As long as I’m careful with money, that is.  It helps that my sister is willing to let me live with her and her husband as long as I pull my weight.  I can have their daughter’s room, now that she’s grown up and married.”

“You don’t…” I started, but Hawk interrupted me.

“They’ve been begging me to retire since I served my 25.  Every year on Visitors’ Day, they beg me to leave.  My own foolish pride kept me here.”

I put my hand on his shoulder to comfort him.  As if on cue, the sun started to crest over the horizon and more light flooded the room.  It was then I saw just how small he actually was.  My arm was thick and cabled with brawn; his was thin and spindly.  My chest stuck out proudly and fully from my chest; his was practically sunken.  My legs were so massive and beefy that they collided into each other when I walked; his legs together were smaller than one of mine.  With all my muscle, I was easily twice his size.

“There’s still a week left,” I reminded him. “You could always make it through to the second round.”

“I’ve put on 10 pounds in 7 weeks.  I can’t double that in one week.  Not unless I hit the purple poison, and we both know what that did to Raptor.”

I silently and solemnly agreed.  After a few seconds of quiet, I asked, “Why didn’t you come to me earlier?”  I wouldn’t have helped him as much as I’d helped Onyx, but I would’ve helped him.  I felt a tribal kinship with him.  We were the old guard; we owed it to each other.  “I would’ve given you some tips.”

Hawk shook his head.  “I’m ashamed how much of my savings I already ate into just putting on these 10 pounds.  I’m done.”  He looked up at me.  He didn’t look sad or defeated.  He looked liberated.  “I don’t belong here anymore.  You do.  You always have.  I can go home and be with my people.”  He sighed in pleasure. 

“You can’t give up that easily,” I insisted.  “That’s not the Hawk I know.”

He shook his head dismissively.  “Let’s say I pull off a miracle and make it through to the second round.  Do you seriously think I can survive three more rounds?  And then another two decades on top of that?”

I was about to give an encouraging response, when Hawk said, “Answer honestly.”

I shook my head no.

“That’s why I came to your room.  I wanted to say goodbye to you alone, in person, before the kid came in here for his morning fuck.”  Hawk leaned in conspiratorially.  In a hushed tone, he said, “I also wanted to tell you that there’s a target on your back.  They think it’s unfair that an old man with one foot in the grave is taking a spot in this house from a young guy who really needs it.”

Angrily, I responded, “If those brats think I don’t deserve it, they can just beat me in the competition.  And then they can fuck themselves.”

Hawk laughed.  It was full of a melody of genuine joy.  “That’s what I told them you’d say.”  He pat my thigh like a brother might.  “Win this fucking thing, Nile.  Don’t let them defeat you.  You’ve earned that full pension.  Don’t let them tell you otherwise.”

Defiantly, I took his hand off my thigh.  “Isn’t there any way I can convince you to stay and fight, Hawk?”

“Charlie.  Call me Charlie.  It’s my real name, and I plan on taking it back.”

If he was calling himself Charlie, he was truly and thoroughly leaving the house.  It was very, very, very against the rules to refer to yourself as anything other than your house name.  Just by telling me his name, Charlie had killed and buried Hawk.

“Well then, Charlie,” I said, extending my hand.  “It was a delight working with you these last 30 years.”

Charlie took my hand and shook it.  “Goodbye…” he started, and then, in the same hushed tone, asked, “Can I know your real name?  I swear I won’t narc on you.”

“I forget my real name,” I said honestly.

“Then, I’m doubly glad I’m going—while I still know who I am.”  Still shaking my hand, he stroked the back of my hand with his free hand affectionately.  “You were my best friend in the house.”

With that, Charlie left, and I never saw him again.

Once I was alone in the room, I asked myself, “I was his best friend?”

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

For the record: 

I am 65 years old.

I am NOT Nile.

How fucking unFAIR is that?!?!

Fortunately, I live in an age of unlimited eye candy. And on very special occasions, I get to read stories by one of the best writers of Muscle Growth Fiction to ever grace these precincts, i.e., TQuintA.

Stories like this one.

Thank you!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Well, reading that in one sitting was an amazing experience! How many parts do you expect this one to be TQuintA? You're well known for your novel length works, so I'm hoping for a long ride on this one :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, HawkShark said:

How many parts do you expect this one to be

I currently have four parts planned and prewritten, one for each round; I expect each part to be about 10-15 chapters.  There will also be an epilogue, which I expect to be only one chapter.  This means I expect the final completed story to be 400 pages in my Microsoft Word doc (or about 120,000 words if you prefer a word count).   Details like chapter, page, and word counts notoriously change for me between prewriting and drafting, so these are just estimates.   

However, I expect my life to upend in the near future, so I decided to publish Part 1 in its entirety before I started even drafting Part 2.  Again,  all parts are prewritten, but I haven't written anything past Chapter 12 yet.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

What an inetresting story.

I feel conflicted about Niles and what''s happening to him. This world you created made him not able to achieve what he wanted and had to find a way to go through his life. He is now 70 years old and hasnt had a "normal" life. His family is dead and outside work he has nobody to go to unless he considers Adam and Edward as those he can see himself with. 

He has great knowledge and if he were able to afford it he could create the best niche house filled with big guys there is but now Tony is playing with his retirement and fucking things up for him.

Niles is trying to help those he can but  only 11 are gonna be chosen and there is still a long road ahead.

• Like 3

Aside from the shared love of big muscle, TQuintA, I want to send you my best wishes and hopes for the health issue you recently shared with us.  As I have never dealt with something similar, I'm not sure I can comprehend the extent of everything you are going through right now, but please know that we love you and we are all rooting for you and good health!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

There is something really beautiful and sad about Chapter 11. I'm happy for Hawk/Charlie, leaving on his own terms, and sharing a moment of camaraderie with Nile, even if Nile didn't realize Hawk considered Nile a close friend. It's also a little sad that Nile has forgotten his original name, but to be fair this is his real identity and his only life. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ro20316 said:

What an inetresting story.

I feel conflicted about Niles and what''s happening to him. This world you created made him not able to achieve what he wanted and had to find a way to go through his life. He is now 70 years old and hasnt had a "normal" life. His family is dead and outside work he has nobody to go to unless he considers Adam and Edward as those he can see himself with. 

He has great knowledge and if he were able to afford it he could create the best niche house filled with big guys there is but now Tony is playing with his retirement and fucking things up for him.

Niles is trying to help those he can but  only 11 are gonna be chosen and there is still a long road ahead.

Welcome to 21st Century American capitalism.

• Like 4