Deano's Summer: A Muscle University Story

muscleaddict

9 hours ago, muscleaddict said:

“Bye, Deano.”

THE END

Doubtful!

Our little twat-face, taking the hits and becoming a man!  I'm sure he's got more growing to do (emotionally and physically) and I'm counting on @muscleaddict to keep us all posted.😋 

Enjoy the rest of your summers, people.  See you all back at Muscle U, I hope!

• Like 10

I also think Ryan is quite interesting. Like he kind of casual about his sexuality but at the same time insecure about it (the moment in the pub with Deano.)  He obviously knows a lot like when he bottom for Deano; but he also sticks up with a gf that only using him for insta and self-ego.

Perhaps a Ryan spin off is coming (Ryan's autumn) 😜

• Like 4

22 hours ago, WashburnDaddy said:

Superb! The whole story! Bittersweet without a doubt but it reads, and feels, like a real rite of passage. The characters are real, especially how the threads of Deano have been run through from MU to this (and possibly on to another?) You really do "capture" so well an insight into what I think has been, for many of us, our own life journey when it comes to acknowledging our sexual orientation and trying to find our way through the people and situations we may have found ourselves in - our lives. Thank you for this again @muscleaddict - for the work you've undoubtedly put into this and for sharing it with a wider audience. I hope you feel a sense of achievement and pride in your creativity as you deserve it. x

Thank you so much for this lovely comment @WashburnDaddy (and all of your feedback throughout the story). I'm touched that you felt like the story resonated with you. That wasn't really something I consciously tried to do so it's awesome to hear that it had that effect on you! ☺️

• Like 6

22 hours ago, silverfox said:

Thanks so much for the story. i can only agree with what  @WashburnDaddy already put in words. How deano experiences his first love and the way you described his thoughts when encountering relationship challenges felt super authentic to me. 

As the story is over i have one burning question @muscleaddict: Have you thought about what a coming out scene between deano and his dad would have looked like? 

Thanks again for this treasure

-s-

Thanks for these sweet words @silverfox. I haven't really envisioned a scene of Deano coming out to his dad. I guess it could be quite explosive for the sake of a story and then there'd be a more tender moment afterwards with Deano Snr letting him know that he's okay with it.

I thought about his dad finding out and I know some people were wondering whether that was going to happen but I felt like the Ryan drama was enough and I didn't want to deviate from that. Obviously you had the sub plots with Deano's mum and his feelings for Woody but coming out on top of that would have been too much I feel. 

But the part in Tony's bedroom touched upon what the outcome would have probably been. Deano Snr taking the piss but ultimately being okay with it because he loves his son.

• Like 6

On 8/22/2020 at 12:54 PM, DennisFLL said:

My god, Washburn describes CJ's work perfectly and he's spot on about the coming out 'journeys' for many of us.  I was riveted to every word in the beautifully written finale chapter.  It appears that Deano has matured and is moving on - about his sexuality, his relationships with Ryan (though they still love each other), his mom and dad, even with his reconciling Woody and Luke's relationship.  The really sad thing now is that we're all going to have to wait a while before we can read another MuscleAddict story!    

On 8/22/2020 at 1:13 PM, biggymnast84 said:

WHAT. A. STORY. 
Absolutely amazing writing MA and what a way to wrap things up! You had us from chapter one and kept us on the edge of our seats wanting more the entire time. True talent right there! :) Can’t wait for the next series. Until then, take care!

Thanks so much for these lovely comments, guys. I was slightly nervous about the last chapter because I obviously wanted people to feel satisfied. I think I felt the same with the previous two stories so maybe that's a normal thing for a writer? Thanks again, guys. ☺️

• Like 4

17 hours ago, MrLashout said:

Maybe that's the next season's storyline 😜

Brilliant writing CJ. Your progress as an author has been great to watch over the last few years. I really hope this isn't the last we hear of Deano & the MU universe. Deano's road to redemption has been fascinating & I dare say there could be a few more stories in there yet. For now though, we salute you! 💪

Bless you for these sweet words, mate. I can't say for sure right now that I'll write more MU/Deano related stories but I definitely think there's more scope for them. 

• Like 3

On 8/22/2020 at 6:32 PM, MrLashout said:

I've pondered this too. If memory serves, AJ & Deano are about the same height & would probably be in the same weight class. AJ has a lot more contest experience though.  I was thinking about this recently with AJ being referenced in the first MU story - given he was bulking when he reunited with Noah at Christmas (about 2 months before the MU story began at the start of Woody's 2nd semester), he would probably have done another contest during the MU story & picked up more press & internet coverage as a result. This coverage could well have piqued Woody's interest, particularly if any of it mentioned AJ had a boyfriend.

With all this in mind (hope none of you feel too sleepy now), AJ might not get on with Deano, but he'd get totally fanboyed by Woody 😆😜

On 8/22/2020 at 6:54 PM, DennisFLL said:

Mr.Lashout, back in the MU story, when Woody wore new pink posers and was mocked by Deano, Woody defensively said that AJ Jones wore pink posers too.  Deano said something like "Who?"  It was obvious that Woody followed AJ's bodybuilding, and perhaps it was because he found him very hot!  And furthermore, I will never ever get sleepy reading about what other fans are saying about AJ! 

The bodybuilding industry is pretty small, especially here in the UK so with a lot of these guys - if they haven't competed in the same shows I imagine they'll most likely be aware of each other - probably through social media. If you think about all the young Canadian guys like Johnny Doull, Dana Baker, Chris Bumstead and Iain Valliere - they all seem to know each other and you'll see pics of some of them together every now and then.

So yeah - AJ and Woody could have competed together both as juniors. Or maybe AJ guest posed at a show Woody competed in (maybe the one in AJ & Noah 🤪). Or maybe they just follow each on instagram. I imagine Woody thinking AJ is pretty hot and leaving cheeky comments on his Instagram. I also imagine Luke really fancying AJ for some reason. And Noah thinking Woody is fucking hot.

And now *I* feel I'm rambling on and potentially boring people - except maybe you @DennisFLL 😘

• Like 4

On 8/22/2020 at 8:16 PM, brawnygods said:

Doubtful!

Our little twat-face, taking the hits and becoming a man!  I'm sure he's got more growing to do (emotionally and physically) and I'm counting on @muscleaddict to keep us all posted.😋 

Enjoy the rest of your summers, people.  See you all back at Muscle U, I hope!

• Like 3