Deano's Summer: A Muscle University Story

muscleaddict

Thanks so much for the story. i can only agree with what  @WashburnDaddy already put in words. How deano experiences his first love and the way you described his thoughts when encountering relationship challenges felt super authentic to me. 

As the story is over i have one burning question @muscleaddict: Have you thought about what a coming out scene between deano and his dad would have looked like? 

Thanks again for this treasure

-s-

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, WashburnDaddy said:

Superb! The whole story! Bittersweet without a doubt but it reads, and feels, like a real rite of passage. The characters are real, especially how the threads of Deano have been run through from MU to this (and possibly on to another?) You really do "capture" so well an insight into what I think has been, for many of us, our own life journey when it comes to acknowledging our sexual orientation and trying to find our way through the people and situations we may have found ourselves in - our lives. Thank you for this again @muscleaddict - for the work you've undoubtedly put into this and for sharing it with a wider audience. I hope you feel a sense of achievement and pride in your creativity as you deserve it. x

My god, Washburn describes CJ's work perfectly and he's spot on about the coming out 'journeys' for many of us.  I was riveted to every word in the beautifully written finale chapter.  It appears that Deano has matured and is moving on - about his sexuality, his relationships with Ryan (though they still love each other), his mom and dad, even with his reconciling Woody and Luke's relationship.  The really sad thing now is that we're all going to have to wait a while before we can read another MuscleAddict story!    

• Like 5

WHAT. A. STORY. 
Absolutely amazing writing MA and what a way to wrap things up! You had us from chapter one and kept us on the edge of our seats wanting more the entire time. True talent right there! :) Can’t wait for the next series. Until then, take care!

• Like 7

I was really hoping he found out the kid wasn't his or she was lying about being pregnant just to get him back. But it was a "real world" ending. Believe me, I know! Great story! Thanks for sharing it.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, trainerphil said:

I was really hoping he found out the kid wasn't his or she was lying about being pregnant just to get him back. But it was a "real world" ending. Believe me, I know! Great story! Thanks for sharing it.

Maybe that's the next season's storyline 😜

Brilliant writing CJ. Your progress as an author has been great to watch over the last few years. I really hope this isn't the last we hear of Deano & the MU universe. Deano's road to redemption has been fascinating & I dare say there could be a few more stories in there yet. For now though, we salute you! 💪

• Like 6

On 8/18/2020 at 7:20 PM, Shawn1978 said:

It's funny because AJ and Deano are the complete opposite of one another, despite their similarities when it comes to bodybuilding.

I think AJ is too nice of a guy, when Deano is a combination of good boy/bad boy, which makes him more interesting. AJ doesn't have the "twat-faced" personality. AJ is a charmer, while Deano doesn't come off as charming most of the time, which is understandable, given his upbringing.

Certainly not saying that AJ is boring, or that Deano is incapable of being charming. I just don't know how a friendship would work between them.

I could see them becoming very competitive adversaries in bodybuilding for sure though. Especially with Woody and Luke.

I've pondered this too. If memory serves, AJ & Deano are about the same height & would probably be in the same weight class. AJ has a lot more contest experience though.  I was thinking about this recently with AJ being referenced in the first MU story - given he was bulking when he reunited with Noah at Christmas (about 2 months before the MU story began at the start of Woody's 2nd semester), he would probably have done another contest during the MU story & picked up more press & internet coverage as a result. This coverage could well have piqued Woody's interest, particularly if any of it mentioned AJ had a boyfriend.

With all this in mind (hope none of you feel too sleepy now), AJ might not get on with Deano, but he'd get totally fanboyed by Woody 😆😜

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MrLashout said:

I've pondered this too. If memory serves, AJ & Deano are about the same height & would probably be in the same weight class. AJ has a lot more contest experience though.  I was thinking about this recently with AJ being referenced in the first MU story - given he was bulking when he reunited with Noah at Christmas (about 2 months before the MU story began at the start of Woody's 2nd semester), he would probably have done another contest during the MU story & picked up more press & internet coverage as a result. This coverage could well have piqued Woody's interest, particularly if any of it mentioned AJ had a boyfriend.

With all this in mind (hope none of you feel too sleepy now), AJ might not get on with Deano, but he'd get totally fanboyed by Woody 😆😜

Mr.Lashout, back in the MU story, when Woody wore new pink posers and was mocked by Deano, Woody defensively said that AJ Jones wore pink posers too.  Deano said something like "Who?"  It was obvious that Woody followed AJ's bodybuilding, and perhaps it was because he found him very hot!  And furthermore, I will never ever get sleepy reading about what other fans are saying about AJ! 

• Like 3

Such a bitter sweet ending. It really shows how mature Deano has got through this summer. I really like the ending when Deano see Ryan just as himself and still love him. They clearly have significant feeling for each other but circumstance dictate different and they must part.

I still hope that Katie is using him for the pregnancy. To see Ryan and Deano say goodbye to each other break my heart. 

• Like 4