Deano's Summer: A Muscle University Story

muscleaddict

4 hours ago, Mdlftr said:

The development of Deano's inner life and family background has been terrific!  It all made him much more real to me.  It's not often you get to see the personality behind the muscular body in these types of stories.  Thank  you for illuminating this for us!

P.S.  I'm guessing Deano will take him Mum's advice about "people we're attracted to not necessarily being right for us in the long run" as a major CLUE!  It's the difference between a Summer fling, as opposed to a lifetime commitment!

Waiting for that last chapter----

Thanks for the brilliant feedback, matie. I always enjoy reading your thoughtful comments! ☺️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BrzNLA said:

Another amazing chapter MA. I love how you are making the story come full circle. I can’t wait for the last chapter and to see what happens. 
By the way, job application for Tesco huh??? I can’t stop wondering if a certain character or characters from a different story is about to make a cameo here. 😜😜👍💪💪❤️

1 hour ago, DennisFLL said:

Yes!  Just hearing the word "Tesco" makes my heart go 'Ba-ta-boom!'

Haha! Sorry, lads - Brighton is a long way from Little Denton.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, muscleaddict said:

I think if I did write one it would still be Woody, Luke and Deano as the central characters. Maybe with a couple of new ones introduced. Liam and AJ cameos could be fun to do. Maybe Deano Snr could visit the campus too to give a talk about running your own gym? "Right - you bunch of bloody ponce faces!" *Deano groans, slumps down in his chair and wants to fucking die*. 

I’m here for that!!!

• Like 2

Really hoping for a second year of MU.

Will Deano have a better attitude? Will Luke and Woody stay together? Will Deano stay friends with Sean if he continues to be a dick (or was Sean only ever a dick to impress Deano)? Has Woody been busting Luke in the gym so his body catches up? Will Deano come out and attract the attention of a final year student (making him feel small by comparison)?

I’ve really enjoyed this addition to the MU story.

• Like 3

Slight deviation in the thread here:

what does "ponce faced" mean?  ?As in the insult /greeting from Deano Sr.

"Effeminate"?

"in bred", as in, so aristocratic due to the British class system that they don't act/look/relate like regular people?   

57 minutes ago, Mdlftr said:

"Effeminate"?

"in bred", as in, so aristocratic due to the British class system that they don't act/look/relate like regular people?   

One thing I love about @muscleaddict 's writing is the exposure to non-US slang and phrasing.   I tend to go to dictionary.com to easily get definitions of the slang being used.  For example, a "ponce" can be a pimp or a campy effeminate male.  Either way, it implies that the person is sexually bent.  If you can't find a satisfactory definition there, if the slang is too new, go to urbandictionary.com 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mdlftr said:

"Effeminate"?

I Googled it myself halfway through the story. It can also mean pretentious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sjdmuscle said:

I Googled it myself halfway through the story. It can also mean pretentious.

That was sort of my intuitive understanding - "slightly 'less masculine' ridiculous twit".  An insult, in other words, based in class, birth, physical state and current reality.

Such a lot in a few words!  Deano Senior is poet!

• Like 1