Deano's Summer: A Muscle University Story

muscleaddict

6 minutes ago, Mdlftr said:

That was sort of my intuitive understanding - "slightly 'less masculine' ridiculous twit".  An insult, in other words, based in class, birth, physical state and current reality.

Such a lot in a few words!  Deano Senior is poet!

When I checked for terms I Googled them asking for British slang meaning.

And completely agree with you about Deano senior. Same goes for the whole household. Kind of reminds me of my entire extended family. We have an old family recipe passed down from generation to generation to generation, as follows

1) add two scoops of sarcasm

2) stir well!!!

• Like 5

On 8/16/2020 at 4:18 PM, muscleaddict said:

Haha! Sorry, lads - Brighton is a long way from Little Denton.

But... the world sometimes aligns perfectly... and I can imagine Tesco could send employees to London for Professional Development training to become managers.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, macookie said:

But... the world sometimes aligns perfectly... and I can imagine Tesco could send employees to London for Professional Development training to become managers.

Exactly.   Or when a managerial position opens in Brighton, Noah persuades AJ to accept it because Naomi still lives there and they'll all now be together.  Of course AJ will then go to Deano Sr's hardcore gym, and the possibilities are endless from there!

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Sjdmuscle said:

When I checked for terms I Googled them asking for British slang meaning.

And completely agree with you about Deano senior. Same goes for the whole household. Kind of reminds me of my entire extended family. We have an old family recipe passed down from generation to generation to generation, as follows

1) add two scoops of sarcasm

2) stir well!!!

Point of clarification:

Is that the "low fat" sarcasm or the "original flavor"?

😘

• Like 1

Ponce is quite an old fashioned phrase. It's the type of thing you'd probably hear someone's dad say. Some of Deano's other phrases are similar, like pratting about and bloody nora. It's kind of like "dad speak"! 

But yeah - I guess the proper use of it is a guy whose effeminate or pretentious or posh or a bit fancy. Obviously Ryan is none of those things but it felt like something Deano Snr would call him because he's good looking and well groomed and has the trendy haircut. And obviously nothing like him or the type of rough & ready meathead bodybuilders you'd find at a gym like Deano's. Hence "ponce face pretty boy". 😅

• Like 6

20 hours ago, macookie said:

That's actually pretty genuis! A two day training course in London for Tesco employees from various branches. Deano turns up and is surprised to see a fellow short arsed pocket rocket bodybuilder with "AJ" on a name tag stuck to his ridiculously thick chest. 🤪

19 hours ago, DennisFLL said:

Exactly.   Or when a managerial position opens in Brighton, Noah persuades AJ to accept it because Naomi still lives there and they'll all now be together.  Of course AJ will then go to Deano Sr's hardcore gym, and the possibilities are endless from there!

Haha - I was actually thinking about the Brighton connection in AJ & Noah the other day and thinking that Noah could have been visiting Naomi and out on a night out at the same time as Deano. But yeah - the idea of AJ and Noah moving to Brighton is not completely absurd. And AJ would 100% go to Deano's.

I've spoken about this here before - bodybuilding is pretty small so there's every chance AJ, Woody and Deano would have competed in a show together. With Luke and Noah there for support. They probably all follow each other on Instagram at the very least.

• Like 5

CJ, you sound like you're weakening a little on some more of an AJ & Noah story inclusion here, or gasp, a sequel?!  Your readers who voted AJ as their favorite character may actually now be given what they've been salivating for!  Bravo!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DennisFLL said:

CJ, you sound like you're weakening a little on some more of an AJ & Noah story inclusion here, or gasp, a sequel?!  Your readers who voted AJ as their favorite character may actually now be given some raw meat!  

Haha! Hmmm. I have to say I do like the idea of writing something little just for fun featuring all (or a variation) of the characters. Even if it's just like "what if" scenario. Similar to the alternative universe chapter where it was Woody Noah bumped into in Tesco rather than AJ, I guess.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, muscleaddict said:

That's actually pretty genuis! A two day training course in London for Tesco employees from various branches. Deano turns up and is surprised to see a fellow short arsed pocket rocket bodybuilder with "AJ" on a name tag stuck to his ridiculously thick chest. 🤪

Haha - I was actually thinking about the Brighton connection in AJ & Noah the other day and thinking that Noah could have been visiting Naomi and out on a night out at the same time as Deano. But yeah - the idea of AJ and Noah moving to Brighton is not completely absurd. And AJ would 100% go to Deano's.

I've spoken about this here before - bodybuilding is pretty small so there's every chance AJ, Woody and Deano would have competed in a show together. With Luke and Noah there for support. They probably all follow each other on Instagram at the very least.

It's funny because AJ and Deano are the complete opposite of one another, despite their similarities when it comes to bodybuilding.

I think AJ is too nice of a guy, when Deano is a combination of good boy/bad boy, which makes him more interesting. AJ doesn't have the "twat-faced" personality. AJ is a charmer, while Deano doesn't come off as charming most of the time, which is understandable, given his upbringing.

Certainly not saying that AJ is boring, or that Deano is incapable of being charming. I just don't know how a friendship would work between them.

I could see them becoming very competitive adversaries in bodybuilding for sure though. Especially with Woody and Luke.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Shawn1978 said:

It's funny because AJ and Deano are the complete opposite of one another, despite their similarities when it comes to bodybuilding.

I think AJ is too nice of a guy, when Deano is a combination of good boy/bad boy, which makes him more interesting. AJ doesn't have the "twat-faced" personality. AJ is a charmer, while Deano doesn't come off as charming most of the time, which is understandable, given his upbringing.

Certainly not saying that AJ is boring, or that Deano is incapable of being charming. I just don't know how a friendship would work between them.

I could see them becoming very competitive adversaries in bodybuilding for sure though. Especially with Woody and Luke.

This is true, mate - they're both really different and I'm not sure if they'd get on. Deano would probably think AJ was cute but maybe not the type of person he'd get on with because of how easy going and charming he is and AJ would probably think Deano was a bit of a twat. 😅

• Like 4