Deano's Summer: A Muscle University Story

muscleaddict

1 hour ago, muscleaddict said:

Who? 😂

Since these are actually real, living and breathing, characters, I get the documentary statement from Stew.  But who is Igor?  Is this a reference to Frankenstein, and if it is, what is the connection?

• Like 2

On 8/18/2020 at 6:34 PM, muscleaddict said:

Ponce is quite an old fashioned phrase. It's the type of thing you'd probably hear someone's dad say. Some of Deano's other phrases are similar, like pratting about and bloody nora. It's kind of like "dad speak"! 

But yeah - I guess the proper use of it is a guy whose effeminate or pretentious or posh or a bit fancy. Obviously Ryan is none of those things but it felt like something Deano Snr would call him because he's good looking and well groomed and has the trendy haircut. And obviously nothing like him or the type of rough & ready meathead bodybuilders you'd find at a gym like Deano's. Hence "ponce face pretty boy". 😅

Bloody Nora - still in use around here!

• Like 2

I've been sort of saving the last chapter and stretching out reading it as - it's too good to hurry and I know there's only one more chapter to go! Then - well, you'll start another story soon I'm sure and I'm already looking forward to that let alone how you tie all the loose ends of Deano's summer together and draw this to a conclusion!

• Like 8

20 hours ago, WashburnDaddy said:

I've been sort of saving the last chapter and stretching out reading it as - it's too good to hurry and I know there's only one more chapter to go! Then - well, you'll start another story soon I'm sure and I'm already looking forward to that let alone how you tie all the loose ends of Deano's summer together and draw this to a conclusion!

I tried.   I couldn’t resist but to read it all at once. 

• Like 2

Superb! The whole story! Bittersweet without a doubt but it reads, and feels, like a real rite of passage. The characters are real, especially how the threads of Deano have been run through from MU to this (and possibly on to another?) You really do "capture" so well an insight into what I think has been, for many of us, our own life journey when it comes to acknowledging our sexual orientation and trying to find our way through the people and situations we may have found ourselves in - our lives. Thank you for this again @muscleaddict - for the work you've undoubtedly put into this and for sharing it with a wider audience. I hope you feel a sense of achievement and pride in your creativity as you deserve it. x

• Like 9