Deano, Again: A Muscle University Story (Deano Story 3)

muscleaddict

1 hour ago, tboh86 said:

This has been one of the best chapters of the story so far @muscleaddict and funny enough it did not have sex or explicit descriptions of our favorite characters! The only part that was not there was Adam being a little more direct during his photoshoot. Maybe he was too focused.  This chapter bottled a potion containing hints from the MU story, Deano's summer and AJ&Noah! Great writing as always! Things are getting complex to our pocket rocket! Can't wait to what's next.

Thank you, matie. At the risk of repeating myself, I really wasn't expecting this chapter to be particularly well liked/received!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, muscleaddict said:

Is Canal Street well known to non-Brits or did you just watch the original Queer As Folk? 😅

Don't want to speak for other non-Brits, but I think Canal Street is pretty universally known as it's seen often in gay literature and film.   To Americans, Castro Street in San Francisco is probably the best known.  Christopher Street in New York certain was some decades ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DennisFLL said:

Don't want to speak for other non-Brits, but I think Canal Street is pretty universally known as it's seen often in gay literature and film.   To Americans, Castro Street in San Francisco is probably the best known.  Christopher Street in New York certain was some decades ago.

I was thinking it was probably similar to Brits knowing about The Castro. On another note, I came across this blonde guy on Instagram and immediately thought of Shaun! 😏

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Geography - 

=================================

“What - here?” I ask Walker, my mind suddenly flooded with the image of a de-clothed Adam Lloyd flexing for a camera in the middle of the Watson House gym floor with a gathering of spectators.

“No, mate. Over in Glasgow, apparently.”

=================================

I realize that I never paid attention to where this story is set.  I've been to Edinburgh but nowhere else in Scotland. There was some small town? Suburb? near to Edinburgh that had a small church built in the middle ages that was famous as being the home parish church of the guy that moved to America, started Pinkerton's protective service, made a fortune, then came back home and restored his local church.  You might have heard of it.

Anyhow - that's my long winded way of saying - the muscle university is inland somewhere?  For some reason I pictured it as being on the coast?  Glascow is almost due west of Edinburgh, but still not on the coast. 

Care to elucidate? 

Thanks!
Mdlftr 

5 hours ago, muscleaddict said:There's an argument that nothing has happened between them and we don't know that it will. And another argument - how do we know Ozzie doesn't also have something going on with another MU student/jug-eared teaching assistant/ridiculously handsome personal trainer who works at his dad's gym back home in Cardiff?

I agree to this too. Nothing has happened with Adam cause he makes so subtle move. At the same time, Seth is also not define the relationship with Deano and on Deano side is more on casual sex i think. I have always want to know what happened with Ryan North cause the way he stuck with a gf that hate his passion so much and just use him as prop really make me sad

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/28/2021 at 5:55 PM, Mdlftr said:

Anyhow - that's my long winded way of saying - the muscle university is inland somewhere?  For some reason I pictured it as being on the coast?  Glascow is almost due west of Edinburgh, but still not on the coast. 

Care to elucidate? 

Thanks!
Mdlftr 

I imagine it to be inland. Probably south of Glasgow and Edinburgh. I quite like the idea of the location being a little ambiguous - a bit like Little Denton in AJ & Noah.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kons said:

I agree to this too. Nothing has happened with Adam cause he makes so subtle move. At the same time, Seth is also not define the relationship with Deano and on Deano side is more on casual sex i think. I have always want to know what happened with Ryan North cause the way he stuck with a gf that hate his passion so much and just use him as prop really make me sad

Don't forget Adam is also a teaching assistant. While I don't think this would be a massive issue (it's a temp gig and he's only a few years older than Deano) I definitely think his job and his position of power would make him more cautious about making a move than if he were just a fellow student like Ozzie. 

As for Ryan North - I think I've written about this before but I definitely don't see his relationship with his girlfriend lasting. I think he'll definitely get involved with more hot bodybuilders (as Deano's shooting to fame as a 212 pro 😜)! Idea for a potential future story maybe? 😏

• Like 7

2 hours ago, muscleaddict said:

I quite like the idea of the location being a little ambiguous - a bit like Little Denton in AJ & Noah.

MA, a few years ago, when reading AJ & Noah, I went to a map of England.  Based on some of your descriptions of the main characters' train travel to London, "driving half-way across the country," etc., I had placed Little Denton somewhere near Manchester.  And, when they all went "into town", that was to Canal Street, where they went to the gay bars and movie theater.  I'm obviously a detail person; ambiguity is not my thing! 😜😜

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, DennisFLL said:

MA, a few years ago, when reading AJ & Noah, I went to a map of England.  Based on some of your descriptions of the main characters' train travel to London, "driving half-way across the country," etc., I had placed Little Denton somewhere near Manchester.  And, when they all went "into town", that was to Canal Street, where they went to the gay bars and movie theater.  I'm obviously a detail person; ambiguity is not my thing! 😜😜

Haha! No, mate - I never fully decided where it was. All we know for definite is that it's as far away from London that Noah couldn't commute every day for his publishing work placement. There's another small detail that places it more east than west that I won't go into cause it will probably sound a bit geeky but if anything I'd say it's closer to Lincoln (East Midlands) or Sheffield than Manchester.

• Like 3

On 11/29/2021 at 12:58 PM, muscleaddict said:

I imagine it to be inland. Probably south of Glasgow and Edinburgh. I quite like the idea of the location being a little ambiguous - a bit like Little Denton in AJ & Noah.

Why oh WHY am I thinking of Hogwarts?!!??

What I Think About Hogwarts. Being a student at Hogwarts can be an… | by  LittleSlytherKitty | Medium

• Like 1
  • Haha 1