Wrong Target (part 10 added 10/11/22)

lolpoooper

10 hours ago, dredlifter said:

Don't forget that the giant dad himself has super strength.  While no one else can stick him with formula, he still can!

Yeah, but the story implied  that they have already changed out the needles and injection equipment, and even with David's super strength, the actual equipment is failing. I'm sure @lolpoooper can work it  out, but I think it might be a fun explanation! 

6 hours ago, Ro20316 said:

The vial was broken when he tried to inject himself. hence why he said he was oofficially bulletproof.

Here i wonder tho why is he the only one able to get the formula and not others?

It didn't go into it extensively, but a chapter or two back, David said that he had enough money to buy up all the  remaining stock of the formula. I think that would come down to having the money, the knowledge, and the opportunity. He knew of the formula's potential because of what Kyle had ordered that he used. He had probably already bought up what was available before he ever shared it with the other HIMS men at the party, and so they were not really aware of what it could do before he may have bought it all. Plus, all through the story, he has been portrayed as a powerful, well-connected businessman. He's exactly the type of person who would be able to move on something like that with a limited supply. Of course the only part of that spelled out specifically is the first sentence of what I wrote. The rest is my conjecture based on what has been written about the characters and the situation.

5 hours ago, dredlifter said:

There are other soft parts of the body ;).  Perhaps they can find other places to inject.   LIke in the mouth. (shudders, lol)

Okay, that is not the explanation I was looking for, lol. I shuddered too, when I read your post. I can't hardly stand getting injections at the dentist even after they use topical numbing, even though injections on my body don't bother me a bit. And  the soft parts of the mouth would be even worse than the gums! Makes me wince just thinking about it. David, however, might not even feel it.

• Like 1

God to flea status has been beautifully conveyed.  What would shake up the dynamic now and advance the story emotionally would be if Kyle were now to grow.  We learned the virus can remain dormant for long periods of time.  How would Kyle as a hims man change?  Would he become an arrogant ass; a rival to his father; a prodigy chip off the old block with David as God senior and Kyle as God Junior?  Would they become sexual partners?   

• Like 4

On 10/23/2022 at 6:57 AM, SMC2710 said:

God to flea status has been beautifully conveyed.  What would shake up the dynamic now and advance the story emotionally would be if Kyle were now to grow.  We learned the virus can remain dormant for long periods of time.  How would Kyle as a hims man change?  Would he become an arrogant ass; a rival to his father; a prodigy chip off the old block with David as God senior and Kyle as God Junior?  Would they become sexual partners?   

I see where you're coming from, and you raise some interesting ideas about how Kyle growing could actually be handled and what questions it would raise. While the discussion and ideas remain interesting, at some point we (myself included) have to accept that @lolpoooper should be able to write the story he wants to write. 

This is about the longest we've gone between chapters. Hopefully, the author is just busy and we haven't scared him off by constantly debating how he should write his story.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kymuscleboy said:

I see where you're coming from, and you raise some interesting ideas about how Kyle growing could actually be handled and what questions it would raise. While the discussion and ideas remain interesting, at some point we (myself included) have to accept that @lolpoooper should be able to write the story he wants to write. 

This is about the longest we've gone between chapters. Hopefully, the author is just busy and we haven't scared him off by constantly debating how he should write his story.

oh yeah no I'm just busy won't be writing much in some time maybe lol

sorry all 😛

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Kymuscleboy said:

THIS.  TO EVERYONE.  And not just on this story thread.  On ANY story thread.  Stop telling authors what to do. 

6 hours ago, lolpoooper said:

sorry all 😛

Oh bummer.  I hope you're able to take care of what you need and will return soon.  This is one of my favorite stories and I'd hate to see it go dark for a while.  (Saying this completely as someone who has let one of their stories go dark for a long time, lol, so I get ya :) )

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dredlifter said:

THIS.  TO EVERYONE.  And not just on this story thread.  On ANY story thread.  Stop telling authors what to do. 

Seriously. It’s free writing that’s being created out of passion and posted out of a desire to share that passion. If it isn’t to your taste, just don’t engage. Artists are under no obligation to write any story beyond the story they want to write.

The one thing I might say is that MGF could use a more comprehensive tagging system, so that it’s easier for folks to identify content that they do or don’t want to engage with, but it’s not the fault of authors that that tagging system is not in place.

In summary, don’t tell authors what they should write. Be happy that you’re getting free writing from people that have a passion for it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, lolpoooper said:

sorry all 😛

Lol hey, do what you gotta do. We can wait for a good thing 

Forums are a sucky format to submit stories to. The best story site I visit has a robust tag system, good bookmarkable story pages with links to further chapters. It has a comment section after the story where it feels optional to read, and comment presence doesn't break the flow. Even has a suggested reading section at the bottom with stories the author likes or share similar themes. It's easy to search, and you get a decent idea of what the story is going to be. Unfortunately it's a kind of obscure furry site called sofurry, and the audience that frequent it are more furry than growth and muscle. This site is more on theme with what I like, mostly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, a more comprehensive tagging system should be in place.  I hate getting stuck in a story only to get completely sucked into it and be constantly nagging the author to tell me how it ends so I can prepare myself for a bad ending (from my POV). 

I had to do this twice already (so I can stomach the ending) and it makes me feel guilty for trying to nudge the story line to my liking sometimes.

If the authors specifically DO or DO NOT want suggestions or biased commentary... They should make that clear somewhere within the thread.  

• Like 1