20 hours ago, mmvmgo2011 said:

No, Ralph is the nurse. Ralph Morgan.

Haha, yeah. I realised that while I read the following chapters. 

Also: the latest part was nerve-wracking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ploder4 said:

How about a juiced up Nonna?   Lol

I don’t believe the world is ready for such power😄 But at this point I’m half expecting Nonna herself to swoop down from a Blackhawk and rescue Jake with military grade tiramisu.

• Haha 1

Who's going to have their "super saiyan" moment?  Will it just be Diego or will there be more? Who is going to sort of "detonate" with power laying waste to everyting?  I doubt it would be Jake at this point he has too much control of himself now.  I wonder if Brad is afraid of failing?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, msclbldr said:

Gentle bump.
waiting here, salivating

Sorry guys, been sick. Hopefully will have some more chapters up in the next day or two.

• Like 3

~~NINETY~~

“Scuzzi, ragazzo, you isa the boss?”

What the? Where did this old woman come from? How did she get past Crosse?

“Ma’am, I’m sorry we don’t have time, we’re running an urgent missio–”

“You looka for Jake and his compagna and Scott, si?”

“How did yo– yes.”

“I see van. White. No plates. No windows ina back. The compagna… Amber?… and Scott they takea in the back and two ragazzo dress up like you. Three of them two witha the… Como si dice… big gun big boom… shotgun! Witha the shotguns - two of them.”

This was good intel, he thought, who was this woman?

“They drive off that way,” she pointed. “My Jake and the biga police, he takea Jake’s car, makea lot of noise and smoke, he drive ina that way,” she pointed in the opposite direction.

“Thank you…”

“Nonna.”

“Nonna? That’s very helpful. Leave it with us, we’ll find them. Don’t worry.”

“Grazie ragazzo. When you finda them you bring them for eat. You all eat at Nonna’s.” And with that, she shuffled off back next door.

“We’re two clicks out. No signs of any activity.”

“Be careful, we’ve been surprised by these fucks before. I don’t want it to happen again,” Brad warned.

“Roger.” He indicated to his team using hand signals, sending half the team to scout around the back, whilst the remainder backed him up on the frontal assault.

“Remember, keep it non-lethal until we know all hostages are accounted for.” Brad reminded them. It was not ideal, non-lethality was risky. Both to his guys storming in, but also to the hostages. Once the hostiles realise they’re in trouble, they could start killing indiscriminately.

“Roger. Breaching…”

Brad listened as delta team entered the warehouse, lots of “clear” echoing in his ear. Comforting, and yet at the same time, disturbing. Where were they?

Julian Atkinson, the leader of Delta squad, frowned behind his HUD goggles. “Titan, there’s no-one here. Warehouse is clear.”

Brad swore beneath his breath, off comms. “GPS?”

“They’re still there, sir. Signal is strong.”

“Delta, tear that place apart. Find them!”

As Amber and Scott continued to squint at the sudden bright sunlight streaming in from the open van door, the two commandos were manhandled out of the van, the sudden darkness extra oppressive as the doors were slammed shut.

Amber moved her head from Scott’s chest down to his groin, resting her head in his tied hands. She mumbled as she felt his bulge swell - did ALL men only think with their dick? She tried to say ‘the gag’, but he couldn’t understand her. Exasperated, she lifted her head and head butted him, trying to prompt him about the gag. She screamed ‘the gag’ over and over.

“Amber, I can’t understand you with the gag, there’s no poin–” Scott mentally facepalmed. Of course! The gag! He struggled to untie her gag, the restraints tight and digging into his skin, not allowing his hands much movement.

Finally, after what seemed an eternity, he loosened it enough for Amber to be able to speak. “Finally!” she whispered urgently, “we have to get out of here!” A series of mumbles from Scott. “Get your head down here!”

Amber, too, struggled to loosen the gag, but eventually, Scott, too, was able to speak. “How? We don’t know how many of them there are.”

“We may not get a better chance. Maybe one of us can distract them, while the other gets away and gets help.”

Scott didn’t like the sound of that. What would they do to the remaining one, the one that didn’t get away?

“But–”

“Come on, Scott! We can’t just sit here and do nothing. Find something to release these restraints.”

Scott was not convinced. For starters, it was almost pitch black, their night vision destroyed by the blast of sunshine through the open door. They couldn’t see shit.

The sound of retching and dry heaving filled Atkinson’s ear.

“Fuck. Jesus, FUCK! HEURGH”

“Report!”

“Titan, I’ve found them. Fuck! There’s a hidden trapdoor in the North West corner of the anterior office.”

“HOLY FUCK THEY'RE ALIVE?! I NEED A MEDEVAC! NOW!”

Atkinson raced over and saw the trapdoor, he climbed down the metal rungs of the ladder embedded into the concrete. What he saw next…

Inferno 1 and 2 were strung up - were they meat hooks? They were. They were each impaled on a large meat hook, the front of the hook sticking through their chest just below the sternum. Their hands were similarly impaled on smaller hooks, their arms outstretched as though they were crucified. They were hanging with their feet about a metre off the ground.

Horrific enough on its own, but they’d also been disembowelled, entrails hanging outside their bodies, blood still dripping to the concrete floor beneath their feet.

The sick fuck that did this to them was obviously knowledgeable, knew exactly how to hang them up and disembowel them so that they’d survive as long as possible, maximising their suffering. There was no point to the medevac, they were already dead. Looking in their eyes, they both knew it.

Atkinson realised why they could not speak - each had a hook through their mouth, entering just behind their chin, keeping their jaw shut.

Everyone realised what needed to be done, but nobody wanted to be the one to do it. As leader, it was Atkinson’s responsibility.

“Titan, Knight…”

Brad heard the shots through his earpiece. FUCK! He didn’t know what hurt more, losing two of his men, losing them in such a manner, losing their best sniper, or the fact that they’d been outsmarted, again.

“Knight, get your team back here for a debrief. ASAP!”

They needed to recover from this cluster fuck and regroup. Jake was counting on him.

“Come on, Scott!” Amber hissed.

This plan was crazy, he thought. As soon as they open the door, a Hermano is going to gun them down. She was crouched by the rear door of the van, ear pressed against the door, trying to listen for any noises or movement from outside. Satisfied, she cracked open the door.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, LorianofLothric said:

Yikes! Something tells me Diego won’t have much of a redemption arc. 

There's a reason people fear the Hermanos - they don't fuck around.

Diego wasn't involved directly, of course, but did he order the killings, in such a brutal and painful way? We don't know at this point. It could just be the local team's 'creativity'.

No one is beyond redemption, at least in theory, but he has to want and earn redemption and, so far, there's not much to indicate that.

• Like 1