Muscle Lads, Inc.

muscleaddict

18 hours ago, Louis24689383 said:

Finally Danny professed his love for Nick. Now only Alfie needs to figure out his feelings for the anorak in a yellow jumper (even though Curtis isn't really an anorak, but I think the wordplay's just funny). 

Btw whenever I see Jordan Macaulley, I get a bit of a Nick vibe. Although some what more souped up with beef, growing to become the true beast he'll be. And if Danny keeps up... That'll be so choice! 

Btw talking about bodybuilder and does, rice cake and fish, then fish, then rice cakes and fish... ring any bells? 

Btw great writing MA! 

Snapinsta.app_262532054_630463911423845_5357635533253699910_n_1080.thumb.jpg.8799b62162ff8f0d90cd3b6f6ad78724.jpg

And Macaully has done some beefing up already. 

Bless you, mate. Yeah - this guy definitely has a bit of a Nick vibe about him. One to consider for the Netflix adaptation! 🤪😅 

And of course I know the fish and rice cakes guy who is also called Danny! 😂 I'm actually following him on Instagram. 

This guy is another potential Nick. We'd have to lighten his hair, give him some specs, make him look less self-assured and more awkward/nervous and generally nerd him up a bit...

Screenshot2023-09-23at14_05_39.png.67a18f92720441a14b1796f468ac7bcd.pngScreenshot2023-09-23at14_06_13.png.43e554da9fd39ede1fe80f115e0d1967.png

• Like 4

18 hours ago, WashburnDaddy said:

Woo Hoo! Mind you that lad does fall on his feet doesn't he?!

Haha! Don't all of my characters sort of do that though? 🤔😅 Maybe I need to change that!

15 hours ago, MuscleJoe said:

Well fu k me!!!!

@Bjort says yes.

33 minutes ago, muscleaddict said:

These are pretty cool!! This can be Danny when he's a pro bodybuilder in his thirties. 😁

Well yea by then 5x Mr.Olympia

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, muscleaddict said:

I'm not really sure about Danny's weight. He's a 25 year old 6 foot amateur heavyweight champion so he's a big lad! As for the Nick question - not in this story as it only spans a short period of time but who knows what I'll write in the future.

We need a 300lbs Nick and we need him now.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2023 at 6:02 PM, IronandGold said:

I screamed YES so loud. 

nick and Danny! Nick and Danny! And nick’s gonna go to panthers. Hooray

Haha!! Bless you, mate. Maybe Nick was really a Panthers boy all along.

• Thanks 1

TWENTY-TWO

ALFIE

It’s been one week and one day since me and Curtis Mayhew kissed after he felt my biceps and pecs. A week and one day since I freaked the fuck out, accused him of kissing ME like I had absolutely no part to play in it and protested to him that I was straight. A week and one day since I told Curtis not to come near me and he looked like I’d just kicked him in the stomach. An image I haven't been able to get out of my head since.

Curtis sent me a DM on Instagram the next day asking if we could talk about what happened. And just like I did when my dad texted me asking if we could talk the day after I saw him on stage as a drag queen, I completely ignored Curtis’ message. And I still haven't replied to it.

Because what the fuck am I supposed to say if I have no idea how I feel? How am I supposed to wrap my head around the fact that when Curtis’ hands were on my biceps I was rock hard and when my hand was on his waist and my lips were on his lips it felt like my heart and my head were simultaneously exploding? What am I supposed to do with all these thoughts and feelings I’m suddenly having towards Curtis Mayhew?

This shouldn’t be happening to me. I’m supposed to be straight. All of those rumours about me being bisexual are supposed to be just that. Rumours. A fabrication. Yes, I flirt with lads on Instagram. Yes, I love the attention gay guys give me. Yes, I love going to those pubs on Canal Street. Yes, I have a gay dad. But I’m straight. Alfie. Winters. Is. Straight. I’m not supposed to be kissing cute, adorable guys like Curtis. I’m not supposed to have all these thoughts and fantasies about how much I want to be back in his bedroom giving him a cuddle in his yellow woolly jumper. God, I love that jumper. 

I’m pulled from my thoughts by the sound of one of my flatmates coming home. Or maybe both? I’m convinced Nick and Danny left together earlier. I haven’t seen either of them since yesterday. Since Nick got caught shagging Mason (who wasn't actually Jason’s boyfriend after all - that was just Jason's wishful thinking) backstage at the Tiger Classic North West Championships, had some sort of panic attack in the pump room and had to leave the competition.

A few seconds later, Nick emerges wearing a baggy, oversized dark green hoodie which doesn’t really suit him. His face is bronzed and still sunken but not as much as it was yesterday. It looks like he’s alone.

“Mate!” I say, dropping my phone on the sofa to the side of me. Nick’s mouth curls into a knowing smile. He walks over and sits next to me on the sofa, his hands buried in the front pocket of his hoodie.

“Are you okay?”

He blows out air, looks at me and nods. “Mostly!”

“Danny said … you had a panic attack?”

(I’m not even really sure what a panic attack is.) 

Nick pulls a face and nods. “Mmmm. Apparently.” His eyes drop to the floor and he suddenly looks sad.

I have the sudden urge to lean over and scoop Nick up into a big hug. 

“What happened, mate?” I ask softly.

Nick shakes his head. “I dunno. I think just after what happened. You know … with Jason?” He cautiously looks at me and I bite my lip. 

“I thought you’d ended it with Andy?”

“I had!” he says earnestly. “He just … cornered me. In the toilets.”

My mouth curls into a smirk. “Fucking hell, Nick. Living with you is like being in an episode of Corrie.”

Nick’s face relaxes and he smiles back. I can tell he feels shit about the whole thing though. “How’s Jason?” he asks, looking nervous.

I pull a face and shrug. “I think more than anything he’s just … embarrassed. Feels like a bit of a mug, you know?”

Nick nods.

“He’s ended with the daddy. I think he’s more pissed off at HIM than you. If that helps. Wait - where were you earlier?”

He looks a little sheepish for some reason. “Erm. Me and Danny went to Five Guys.”

I nod. “Oh right,” I say, feeling a little twist in my stomach. “That doesn’t make me jealous AT ALL,” I joke.

Nick smiles at me.

“Where’s Danny now?”

“He’s gone to his mum’s for the night.”

“Hang on. Isn’t that Danny’s hoodie?”

Nick looks down at the dark green hoodie he's wearing. His cheeks have gone a little flushed. “Ummm. Yeah.”

Jesus. They’re sharing clothes now? Okay - I’m not doing this. I’m not getting jealous of Nick hanging out with Danny. And sharing each other’s clothes. I don’t need to compete with Danny for Nick’s attention.

“Right,” I say, standing up. “Since we didn’t get to celebrate your second-placed trophy last night and it IS a bank holiday, I propose we get pissed.”

Nick’s mouth curls into a smile.

“Or … at least a little bit tipsy,” I say, my chest tightening at the thought of what happened the last time I got drunk. I’m safe with tipsy. Plus, my dad’s not around to accidentally upset. Curtis Mayhew isn’t around to kiss and then freak out in front of.

“Erm. The only thing I can find is half a bottle of Baileys. Jesus. Why aren’t we a normal group of lads?”

Nick smiles as I join him back on the sofa with the bottle and two glasses. “To the second-best junior classic physique competitor in the North West!” I say, holding up my glass.

Nick sheepishly grins and chinks my glass with his.

“Mmmm,” I say, licking my lips. “Christmas-y. I have to say, though … you looked like you were having a lot more fun in the bodybuilding class.”

Nick's mouth curls into a smirk. “Well … I kinda WAS!”

“I think it was the shiny pink Next Level Posers. They turn anyone into a cocky little fucker.”

Nick grins and bites his lip. “Actually … I’ve been thinking.”

I look at Nick curiously. He suddenly looks nervous. What the hell is he about to say?

He takes a deep breath. “Okay - so, I know you and Jason really wanted me to do classic physique. And thinking logically, yeah - it probably IS the better class for me to compete in. At least - at the moment. But …”

“You wanna compete in the proper bodybuilding class in your shiny pink posers and be a fucking monster,” I say matter-of-factly.

Nick’s mouth erupts into a big grin. “Pretty much.”

I laugh. “Then … you should just stick to bodybuilding. Were you nervous to tell me that?”

Nick winces. “A bit maybe.”

I screw my face up.

“You just seemed so … excited," he explains. "About - you know - me doing classic physique.”

I take a swig of my Baileys and think back.

“Mmmm. I mean … I guess I was. But I was mostly excited just about the fact you were joining Team Fox.”

Nick gives me a happy grin and I feel a warmth in my chest. Then his face falls. “Does Jason hate me?” he says, in a serious tone.

There’s that urge to hug him again.

“No, Nick. He doesn’t hate you. But you WERE shagging his sort of boyfriend behind his back. You DO know he’s not gonna work with you again, right?”

Nick pokes the inside of his cheek with his tongue and nods. “Yeah. I know that. I’ve definitely ballsed that one up!”

He pauses for a moment.

“Actually … that’s another thing I’ve been thinking about.”

I look at Nick. He looks nervous again.

“I … don’t think I’m gonna go back to The Muscle Factory.”

I sit up sharply. “What?! Nick …”

“It’s just after everything that’s happened.”

“Jason won't want you to QUIT The Muscle Factory!”

He looks out to the room, then back at me. “It’s not just that.”

I look at him confused.

Nick swallows and looks at me cautiously. “I … think I wanna go to Panthers?”

My stomach pulls.

“With Danny?”

Nick bites his lip and nods.

“Okay. STILL not getting jealous!”

Nick grins.

“Nick … okay, just … think about this. Forget about the Jason thing. I know it might be awkward. But, it doesn’t mean you have to jump ship to a completely different gym.”

Nick nods. “I know.”

“Will you promise me you’ll think about it?”

Nick bites his lip and nods. Then, he suddenly says, “Actually, I don’t need to. See - I’m sort of trying this new thing where I’m trying to do what’s right for me. Just … forgetting about other people.”

"Okay!" I say, finding it really hard not to smile.

“I WANT to go to Panthers. And I wanna be a bodybuilder.”

And now I’m full-on grinning. “Then you should do exactly that. Go, Nick!”

He laughs and I hold my glass out again for him to chink. Maybe I should take a leaf out of Nick’s book.

“Anything else you wanna do while you’re being the new assertive you?”

Nick pulls a thinking face which is all kinds of cute. “I really wanna get some golden posers!”

I grin. But my chest tightens. Because now I’m thinking about Curtis again. I’m thinking about how cute and flustered he was that day in my bedroom when I lent him my golden trunks. And the cute, funny picture he sent me last week of him wearing them over his jeans.

“Then … we’ll get you some golden posers.”

Nick smiles. He’s looking at me curiously though. There’s a silence. Suddenly there’s an atmosphere.

“So … are YOU okay?” Nick asks.

I screw my face up. “Yeah?” I say, brushing it off, pouring myself another drink.

“Just … I dunno. You haven’t seemed yourself this week.”

I bury my head in my drink.

“Since last weekend. Did something happen at your dad's? You didn’t really say last week when you got back.”

I blow out air and sigh.

“I said some stuff. To my brother. And … Dad overheard,” I confess, rolling my eyes.

“Oh shit. What did you say?”

I feel a stab of guilt. “That … I didn’t like seeing him dressed up in drag. Pretending to be a woman. That … that’s not how dads are supposed to act.” 

I bite my lip. Nick looks kinda distracted. 

“Am I an awful person?”

“Thing is … when you’re gay, you kinda grow up with this fear that your parents won’t accept you. Most of the time they do, but the fear’s still there. And I got lucky. My parents are fine with me being gay. But some parents can’t accept it. They basically cut them off.”

“And what I’m doing is no different?”

“The thing is, Alf. I’m not being funny but … does it really affect you? If your dad does drag or not?”

I shake my head. Everything Nick is saying is making sense.

“No one does drag just for a laugh. I’m guessing it’s something your dad loves doing.”

“So what you’re saying is … I just need to grow up and get the fuck over it?”

Nick gives me a tight-lipped smile and nods.

“Maybe … you need to talk to him?”

I wince. I don’t really feel like telling Nick that we’re not really the type of family who talks about things, so I just give a half-hearted nod and bury my face in my glass.

“How old were you when your dad left?”

The question takes me by surprise.

“Like … five? My mum was a mess. I remember that much.” 

"Do you think - I dunno - you have some issues with your dad because of that?"

I screw my face up defensively. But I think Nick might be right. "Maybe?" I say, feeling vulnerable. Nick just looks at me and gives me a little tight-lipped smile.

I sigh and lean my head back on the sofa cushion. “I’m really glad you moved in, Nick,” I say to him.

I look over at Nick and he’s giving me a cute little smile. I feel a warm buzz from the Baileys. Without thinking, I drop my head down and rest it on Nick’s shoulder, which is surprisingly hard and solid. My cheek resting against the soft material of the dark green hoodie he’s wearing. I stay there for a few moments.

I close my eyes. And now I’m thinking about someone else. Now I’m not thinking about Nick. But this is nice. This feels SO nice. Being pushed up against Nick. Resting my cheek on his shoulder.

I let out a little laugh. “You kinda smell like Danny.”

I open my eyes and look up to see Nick’s sweet little face giving me this cute, sort of sheepish grin. I’m smiling back. And then Nick’s smile falters. And now he’s giving me this look. And it suddenly feels like someone sucked all the air out of the room. Like Nick’s cute little bronzed face is the only thing in the world right now.

Without another thought, I bring my face to his and now my lips are on his. I’m kissing Nick, who tastes like Baileys and smells like Danny King. Nick’s kissing me back. I’m kissing a guy. Again! I shift so my torso is pressed up against Nick’s. He falls back and somehow I end up on top of him. My hand on his waist. And then … he’s suddenly pulling away from me. And as soon as we started kissing, we’ve stopped.

“Alfie … I - I’ve met someone.”

And now I’ve snapped back to reality. I’m on top of Nick. I just kissed Nick. I’m pretty sure Nick just rejected me. I climb off Nick and lean forward on the sofa, my head in my hands. What the fuck am I doing? Why do I keep getting drunk and kissing lads?

“Fuck!” I say, more to myself. “I shouldn’t have done that.”

I cautiously look over at Nick. He’s biting his lip. And then … his mouth actually curls into a smirk. And I can’t help it. I’m smiling back. And now we're laughing. And this whole thing seems absolutely fucking absurd. Because it’s Nick!

“Can we forget this ever happened?" I say. "Just put it down to the Baileys?”

Nick grins and nods. “I think that's probably a good idea.”

“Just to be clear ... I’m not secretly into you or anything.”

Nick nods and bites his lip. “Alf …” my stomach twinges at the seriousness of Nick’s tone. I think I know what he’s about to ask me.

“Are you … bisexual?”

My chest tightens. I look away from him and out to the room.

“Fuck knows,” I say, shaking my head.

“Do you wanna talk about it?”

I stay silent for a moment. “Maybe," I say, surprising myself. "At some point?" I look back at my flatmate. "I think, at the moment, I just ... need to figure some stuff out.”

It’s probably the most honest thing I’ve said in a while. Because I’m not ready to deal with this right now. I still don't know what any of this means. Am I bisexual? Am I just plain gay? But I do know this. Kissing Nick was fine. Nice, even. But it wasn’t anything like kissing Curtis Mayhew. I didn't feel half of what I felt when I was in Curtis’ bedroom last week. When his hands were on my biceps. When he was touching my pecs. When my hand was on his waist and my lips were on his lips and it felt like my heart and my head were simultaneously exploding.

The kiss I just had with Nick didn’t come close to what it felt like to kiss Curtis Mayhew. But then, if I’m being honest, no kiss ever has.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, muscleaddict said:

The kiss I just had with Nick didn’t come close to what it felt like to kiss Curtis Mayhew. But then, if I’m being honest, no kiss ever has.

UGH, MY HEART!! ♥️💔😭 I really hope, Curtis and Alfie somehow get together again, so they can hash things out (can I even use that expression here? In that context?) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1