Muscle Lads, Inc.

muscleaddict

On 10/4/2023 at 3:54 PM, DennisFLL said:

I was away for a week and finally just this morning got my MuscleAddict fix.  Story proceeding with the usual fun-reading surprises - just when we thought Nick was going in one direction, he then 180's back to his flesh-is-weak mode.   Loved also MA's tour guiding us though a bodybuilding contest through Nick's point of view.

Incidentally, for us Yanks, nothing compares with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Yeah - that's very much an American thing and something you only hear about in films. I actually had to Google what they consist of because over her jelly is the green wobbly stuff from Jurassic Park and I don't think you'd be putting that on a sandwich. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bbeware said:

Occasionally I see an image posted with suggesting it could be a @muscleaddict character. There should a dedicated topic in General Images to this, where people could nominate their vision of the characters in the stories.

Haha - that would be pretty cool actually! Feel free to start one. 😅

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, muscleaddict said:

Yeah - that's very much an American thing and something you only hear about in films. I actually had to Google what they consist of because over here jelly is the green wobbly stuff from Jurassic Park and I don't think you'd be putting that on a sandwich. 

One vital, key, essential, basic, fundamental, and necessary factor concerning PB&J – peanut butter and jelly sandwiches – is NOT TO SKIMP on either ingredient.  Yummm.  It's a meal in itself.

intro-1592327549.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, crushme99 said:

One vital, key, essential, basic, fundamental, and necessary factor concerning PB&J – peanut butter and jelly sandwiches – is NOT TO SKIMP on either ingredient.  Yummm.  It's a meal in itself.

Great with a cup of coffee.   Perfect to take for air travel.  And gluten-free.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I have never understood the exact difference between jam, jelly and marmalade, except that marmalade is for toast exclusively. Our equivalent to jam is also suitable on pancakes (i.e. crêpes, of course) and porridge. Is jelly a deregulated fruit-flavoured syrup rather than a real jam?

49 minutes ago, Hialmar said:

I have never understood the exact difference between jam, jelly and marmalade, except that marmalade is for toast exclusively. Our equivalent to jam is also suitable on pancakes (i.e. crêpes, of course) and porridge. Is jelly a deregulated fruit-flavoured syrup rather than a real jam?

According to The Food Network:

Jams and jellies are both soft, sweet spreads made from fruit, sugar and pectin. The main difference between jam and jelly is that jam is made with fruit whereas jelly is made with fruit juice. As a result, jam and jelly have different characteristics:

• Texture: jam has a semi-firm consistency, and the cooked-down fruit lends it a chunkier texture. Jelly has a firmer consistency than jam and is uniform in texture.

• Appearance: jelly is more translucent than jam.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Louis24689383 said:

istockphoto-154947469-612x612.jpg.ffb5eaf6e5e620e8b721c41530b85397.jpg

When I think of jelly, I can hardly imagine it on toast. For me it remains my grandad's favourite dessert. 

well, that's jello, a whole nother animal altogether.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Wrestlejock646 said:

According to The Food Network:

Jams and jellies are both soft, sweet spreads made from fruit, sugar and pectin. The main difference between jam and jelly is that jam is made with fruit whereas jelly is made with fruit juice. As a result, jam and jelly have different characteristics:

• Texture: jam has a semi-firm consistency, and the cooked-down fruit lends it a chunkier texture. Jelly has a firmer consistency than jam and is uniform in texture.

• Appearance: jelly is more translucent than jam.

Thanks. I wasn't that far from the truth, then. Jelly is a very unusual product where I live. What you find on the shelves are jam, marmalade and mashed apples. The latter goes very well with porridge.  Comparing eating habits is fun.

I look forward to read about Alfie's and Nick's exotic British eating habits on cheat days.

• Upvote 1