Muscle Lads, Inc.

muscleaddict

1 hour ago, Mdlftr said:

=============================

OMG!!  Peanut butter!! 

What?!?!  No Vegamite?! 

Shocking!!

LOL

My impression after a few months in UK was that Marmite is popular there, not Vegemite. I believe Vegemite is part of Australian cuisine. Ask an Englishman and an Australian, and they will tell you, that Marmite and Vegemite, despite almost* identical recipes, are two entirely different products.

Those who haven't tried, ought to spread a very small amount** thinly*** over toast, preferably mixed with butter or margarine. 

* "Almost" is the crucial word here.

** This means A SMALL AMOUNT

*** This means THINLY

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hialmar said:

My impression after a few months in UK was that Marmite is popular there, not Vegemite. I believe Vegemite is part of Australian cuisine. Ask an Englishman and an Australian, and they will tell you, that Marmite and Vegemite, despite almost* identical recipes, are two entirely different products.

Those who haven't tried, ought to spread a very small amount** thinly*** over toast, preferably mixed with butter or margarine. 

* "Almost" is the crucial word here.

** This means A SMALL AMOUNT

*** This means THINLY

Speaking as a died in the wool Yank who has tried both, I am sticking (literally) with good old ‘Murikan Peanut Butter!  Go Danny GO!!! 💪 🥜😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bjort said:

Speaking as a died in the wool Yank who has tried both, I am sticking (literally) with good old ‘Murikan Peanut Butter!  Go Danny GO!!! 💪 🥜😋

If I have to chose between the three, I prefer Marmite. It's delicious, while Vegemite is inedible.

All edible peanut butters I know of are produced in Europe, are sugar-free, and a decent spread on fibrous crispbread together with zinc pills before bedtime. The US peanut butters imported to convenience stores over here are usually sickly sweet and not good for the sort of gains we wish for.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hialmar said:

If I have to chose between the three, I prefer Marmite. It's delicious, while Vegemite is inedible.

All edible peanut butters I know of are produced in Europe, are sugar-free, and a decent spread on fibrous crispbread together with zinc pills before bedtime. The US peanut butters imported to convenience stores over here are usually sickly sweet and not good for the sort of gains we wish for.

True for mass produced peanut butter here too. Fortunately there is no shortage of real peanut butter without added sugar. 😋

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bjort said:

True for mass produced peanut butter here too. Fortunately there is no shortage of real peanut butter without added sugar. 😋

I'm grateful for the information. The infelicitous products which cross the infamous Pond cause US cuisine a bad reputation.

I'm no longer bewildered ... correction: I'm now less bewildered than before of differences pertaining to breakfast habits over the world. To a great extent, the choice of breakfast seem, at least in part, to be based on weather conditions. The heat in the southern half of Italy necessitate a very simple breakfast. The cold half of the year in Scandinavia make porridge a perfect choice, though Italians, Swedes and Finns have breakfast coffee in common. I'm not really sure how English beans and US pancakes fit this model of breakfastology. As bodybuilders, Alfie, Danny and Nick don't eat like average Brits. No fried Mars bars, I suppose, outside cheat days.

• Like 2

This thread is veering off topic, somewhat, but my add to this important debate......

A thin smear of Marmite topped with (pure peanut) crunchy peanut butter

• Haha 2

I was away for a week and finally just this morning got my MuscleAddict fix.  Story proceeding with the usual fun-reading surprises - just when we thought Nick was going in one direction, he then 180's back to his flesh-is-weak mode.   Loved also MA's tour guiding us though a bodybuilding contest through Nick's point of view.

Incidentally, for us Yanks, nothing compares with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Occasionally I see an image posted with suggesting it could be a @muscleaddict character. There should a dedicated topic in General Images to this, where people could nominate their vision of the characters in the stories.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 8:17 PM, Mdlftr said:

Man, this story sets a record for emotional cliff hangers:

• Alfie and his "Rameses" moment - "king of denial" with Curtis
  • Nick and Mason and now Jason ! Timing!!
  • Alfie and his Dad and his brother at the birthday party

...ANDDDD!

MY PERSONAL FAVORITE SCENE: 

===========================I

It’s Danny!

“What’s on your rice cake?” I ask him.

“Peanut butter,” he says, like it’s obvious.

“Never had it.”

His eyes widen. “How can you have never eaten peanut butter?! Never confess that to an American. Their heads would explode. Gimme,” he says, holding out his hand for my rice cake. I give it to him and he spreads a bit of the peanut butter on it with his knife.

=============================

OMG!!  Peanut butter!! 

What?!?!  No Vegamite?! 

Shocking!!

LOL

Haha! I guess this one is quite action-packed/drama-filled! I have to say @Mdlftr - I've been missing your comments on this one so it's great to know you're reading and enjoying it. 😊 And I wondered if anyone was going to mention the peanut butter scene! 😂

• Haha 1