CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

Jason heard his brother’s car pull into the drive, dropping Scott home.

He loved his younger brother, he did, but he totally disapproved of his lifestyle. He whored himself around, and not only was he a slut, he whored himself out to anyone and everyone.

He knew his son adored his uncle, that he was a huge influence in his life; always had been. This concerned Jason, a lot. He and his wife had stopped short of forbidding Scott to see his Uncle Jake, but they had considered it on a number of occasions.

Particularly as Scott entered puberty, and started getting curious about sex, he did not want his brother influencing and corrupting him with his immoral ways.

This is what Jason portrayed, and what everyone believed.

The truth is, Jason had a deep, dark secret, one that he had never revealed to another soul, not his parents, not his brother, and certainly not his wife or son.

He was envious of Jake.

Jason was an academic too, he’d studied civil engineering and went on to work for a successful firm that built bridges and tunnels. But, unlike Jake, he was torpid, his bulk coming not from muscle but from fat. He still referred to his belly as a paunch, but he was pushing towards obese. He did no exercise and was unfit. He was older than Jake, he’d just turned 37, but his age wasn’t the impediment, he’d never been active.

His wife, whom he loved dearly, was his high school sweetheart, and they were each other’s one and only sexual partner. Scott, their only child. He lamented his boring sex life, though his wife never complained, there was no spice, no variety, no spark any longer. He could barely get it up these days, anyway, and his wife didn’t like giving blowjobs, having to push his gut out of the way to get to his middling-sized penis.

So he was absolutely jealous of Jake. Jealous of the sex, jealous of his fitness, jealous of his looks, jealous of his cock and, most of all, jealous of his body.

But Jason had an even darker, deeper secret.

He was turned on by Jake. Much more so than by his wife. For his wife, he could barely get it up. If he imagined Jake, he’d be rock hard and ready to go in seconds.

It wasn’t just Jake, but Jake’s body type. He was aroused by Jake’s muscles, and others with bodies like Jake and bigger. He’d met some of Jake’s gym buddies at a party Jake was hosting and, that night, Jason went home and masturbated his dick raw, cumming again and again. His wife never found out, they didn't have sex often enough for him to have to tell her before his dick healed.

Even though the gym junkies turned him on, there was something about Jake that took him further over the edge. Perhaps it was the combination of looks, brains, brawn, sex appeal and his humble, down to earth nature. Jake never bragged, or belittled others. Oh, sure, he’d talk about his conquests at the gym and in the sack, but always in a matter of fact way, imparting facts, not trying to outdo you or put you down.

Or perhaps it was all of the above, combined with the taboo that he was not supposed to be aroused by his brother.

“Hi dad.”

“How did you go?” He knew it wasn’t his first session, but he still didn’t like the fact that Scott would be spending so much time with Jake in that homoerotic environment.

“Dad, it was AMAZING. Uncle Jake showed me how to squat, and deadlift and we did bench press and military presses and, of course, curls for the girls! I even managed a pump in my arms. It felt incredible. Like Arn—”

His father frowned. “Like, what?”

“Like my arms were going to explode. I’m really sore now, but Uncle Jake says the DOMS will set in tomorrow. DOMS is delayed onset muscle soreness, which happens when you tear the muscle fibres lifting heavy weights and your body rebuilds your muscles bigger and stronger to compensate. Well, so says Uncle Jake and if any one would know, he would. I even met this bodybuilder named Brad, he said he’d help me and spot me so I can go even when Uncle Jake isn’t there. Brad will be there. He says the gym is his second home and…”

Jason stopped listening. His son was obviously excited, falling over himself to get his story out.

His frown deepened. He didn’t like this, not one bit.

• Like 6

Wow what a thoroughly well-written and hot story. Love the characters and the gradually rising action and the frequent viewpoint shifts keep things varied and interesting. Presumably the vaccine trials will have some effect on them and I can’t wait to see how that plays out! 

• Thanks 1

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

He didn’t need to be told twice.

Rising from the couch, he picked her up and took her upstairs to his super king bed. She noticed he’d opted for satin sheets this time.

He sat her on the end of the bed. He grabbed the waistband of her trousers and, in one smooth motion, tore them from her - ripping them in half - revealing her panties. He used his tongue to enter her from the side, moving the fabric of the panties across. As he did so, he reached with his hand and tore them from her, leaving her completely naked.

She writhed and moaned in pleasure. His tongue worked magic, as it licked and probed, circled and flicked. His stubble tickled her labia just so.

As he was going down on her, she described the fantasy she’d had the other day as she masturbated with a vibrator. As she continued, he released a steady stream of pre-cum, his dick oozing clear ambrosia.

He would fulfil her fantasy.

As she sat on the end of the bed, he rose up from her vagina, kissing her gently on the neck, moving to her lips, using his own lips to play with hers, his tongue entering her mouth, sharing her taste with her. As his lips and tongue alternated between gentle caresses and forceful use of his strength, his hands roamed her body, expertly kneading her ample breasts, his gentle touch on her nipples firing sparks throughout her body, causing her to writhe in bliss. As she continued writhing, he brought his tongue down between her cleavage, and brought his lips to her areolae, his tongue expertly flicking, probing, circling and suckling on her nipples, triggering her to orgasm.

As she writhed and moaned, and blood flow increased to her vagina, he resumed tonguing her, alternating his attention on her clit and g-spot and labia, using his lips, tongue, teeth, hands and fingers to trigger wave after wave of ecstasy, and hardening his cock as she wet his face from his ministrations, orgasming again. He loved eating out and, from her reactions, he was very good at it indeed.

His cock did indeed bob and dance around his abs, an almost continuous stream of pre-cum coating his abs and running down his massive shaft. She eyed the liquid gold, hungrily. Yet, he did not allow her to drink from his nectar. Not yet.

Standing to his full height, he lay her on her back, and brought her to the edge of the bed. He entered her with his rock hard cock. They both gasp - her from his size; him from the tightness.

He slowly pushed his cock further in, enjoying the feeling of his glans rubbing along the roof of her cavity, watching for the reaction indicating he’d found the spot. As he’d pushed about five inches of his cock into her, she shivered and writhed uncontrollably. Smiling, he flexed his dick, causing his glans to hit her spot over and over. He’d alternate between pounding on the spot, and holding the flex, rubbing his glans in and around the spot.

She screamed and writhed in ecstasy, the walls of her vagina constricting and pulsating as he continued his attention on her spot, he used his hands to tweak her clit, magnifying her pleasure.

She orgasmed again, he roared in pleasure as her spasming muscles wrapped tightly around his cock.

He withdrew from her, and lifted her up, bringing his dick to her mouth. Coated with his pre-cum and her orgasm, he gently pushed the flared head into her mouth, pushing deeper and deeper.

At first, she could only accept about half of the massive length of his dick. Though she did not have a gag reflex, she was not used to its length and girth, and her throat refused to allow his gargantuan schlong entry.

Turning her around, he pulled her so her head was off the end of the bed, allowing her neck to fall back and open a straighter path down her throat.

He expertly eased his giant dick down her throat and into her oesophagus, deftly avoiding her wind pipe. Pile driving down, she took all 14 inches, his balls resting in her eye sockets. He was equal parts impressed and aroused - no one had ever been able to accept his whole cock before. He pumped in and out a few times, withdrawing to give her respite and allow her to breathe, and then he drove the cock all the way in again, slamming the base of his shaft against her mouth, his balls tea-bagging against her eyes. Incredibly, he roared with ecstasy, a deep, guttural roar of pure pleasure as she swallowed around his cock, the peristaltic motions of her throat and oesophagus sending fiery flames of pleasure up through his cock and spreading throughout his body. He orgasmed without cumming and withdrew to allow her to breath.

“Cum down my throat, daddy. Rough me up.”

Fuck yes. He grabbed the back of her head with his hands, and pile driving his dick, ramming it into her throat with his legs, he used his arms to slam her head up at the same time, eking out extra pleasure as his cock reached new depths. She again swallowed around his cock, causing him to explode in pleasure, his balls drawing up from her eye sockets, and dumping their prodigious load via his cock into her stomach. As the barrage of his cum entered her oesophagus, it involuntarily began its peristaltic motions, pushing the ‘food’ down into her stomach. He roared again, orgasming a second time while still ejaculating, the sensations on his cock otherworldly. She pushed on his legs, indicating she needed to breathe. He held on a a moment longer, as the final blasts of cum were milked from his cock, withdrawing roughly to allow her to breathe.

He sat her upright, and kissed her roughly, even as she still struggled for breath, his incredible lung capacity supplying oxygen to her while she sucked on his mouth trying to catch her breath.

There was one more gift he had to give her. She had wanted a pearl necklace. He would give her an entire pearl ensemble.

He grabbed at his shaft, still rock hard despite ejaculating so many times, closed his eyes and summoned all the mastery at his disposal. He flexed the muscles around his prostate, pulsing and feathering the muscles, drawing up his testicles, he released. His first blast struck her left ear, the sticky, thick cum, hanging down like a droop pearl earring. He completed the earring set with the next blast, she now had two cum earrings. He showered cum volleys around her tits, creating a cum necklace, ending with cum bracelets on her wrists. Finally, as the last volley dangled from the end of his dick, he rubbed the head on her finger, transferring the cum and completing the pearl ensemble.

He used his tongue, mouth and lips to collect his pearl gift and kissed her, tongues swapping his cum back and forth, he finally withdrew from the kiss, depositing his pearls into her mouth, completing her fantasy.

• Like 6

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

Scott wanted to go to the gym. Unfortunately, Uncle Jake was busy that night, so Scott either had to wait for a time they were both available, or go on his own and try to get in consistent workouts like his Uncle had told him.

The gym wasn’t really walking distance, but it was a reasonable distance on his pushbike. It was good to get in some cardio, anyway.

Scott changed into clothes more suitable for working out. He didn’t yet have any ‘workout clothes’ as such. So he put on a baggy T-shirt and some three-quarter length shorts with a pair of runners. It would have to do.

He put a water bottle in his bag and $20 from his savings and headed out. He had not yet purchased any protein powder.

About half an hour later, he finally arrived at the gym. The ride was much harder than he’d anticipated, a fair few hills in between. His legs and lungs burned. He wished, not for the first time, that he had his Uncle’s fitness.

It was early evening - peak time for many gyms, and this one was no exception.

Scott didn’t really know where to start. He didn’t have a written workout plan, all he had was the guidance from Uncle Jake - whole body workouts focussing on compound exercises. What were they again, deadlifts, squats, and upper body chest, arms and shoulders.

He thought he’d start with bench press.

Walking across to the lightweight side, he looked for the bench press stations. The gym is busy, but there’s one bench press free. Scott stakes his claim, putting his water bottle and towel on the bench while he tries and works out how much weight to use.

He didn’t have a spotter, so he should probably take things slow and easy. He’d start with the bar only to warm up. That was easy - an empty bar was already set up.

He took position under the bar, just like his Uncle Jake had shown him, ensuring his feet were flat on the ground.

He lifted the bar from the rack and started counting out reps. He was a little unsteady, it was hard to coordinate both left and right sides so the bar raised and lowered parallel to the ground.

He completed 12 reps and racked the bar. He added some weight to the bar, 5kg plates on each side.

Again, he set up under the bar and lifted the bar from the rack. Wow, he thought, 10kg makes such a massive difference! He was even more in awe of the massive weights his Uncle and others like him lifted. It must be scary getting under such a heavy bar.

Concentrate! He admonished himself.

His first 9 reps were…. Not great, but the bar was raised. The tenth rep, however, was a struggle. Instead of sensibly racking the bar, he tried for rep number 11.

The empty bar weighed 20kg, and he’d added 10kg of weight. 30kg was not going to crush him, so there was no danger. The danger was more to his pride and ego, and embarrassment having to dump the weights to get out from under the bar.

He lowered the bar to his chest for the eleventh rep. To his surprise, push as he might, the bar did not move! He tried to push harder - but the bar didn’t budge.

Now what? He started panicking, despite the lack of danger, imagining that he’d be crushed and not able to breath.

Luckily, a pair of guys were working out on the bench next to his, each spotting the other. The spotter noticed Scott’s predicament and told his buddy to rack the weight and he rush over to Scott and helped him lift and rack the weight.

Scott sat up, chagrined.

“Thank you.”

“No problem bud. Don’t worry, it’s happened to all of us at some point, and we were all total beginners at one point.”

He moved on from bench press, more cautious.

He thought he’d try to squat, but using very light weights. Uncle Jake had shown him how to set up the squat rack to catch the bar in case of total failure, so he thought it would be reasonably safe.

He headed over to the squat racks, but they were all in use, with multiple groups working in already. Bit of a traffic jam.

He was going to move to another exercise, when he remembered the heavy side - maybe one of the racks there was free?

Heading over, he saw that there were multiple racks free. He wondered why some of the groups from the other side didn’t come over to this side.

He set the rack, and started with an empty bar. It took him a fair amount of time to set his feet so that he was happy that he’d followed his Uncle Jake/s advice.

He also spent a fair amount of time with the bar on his back, legs locked, trying to set his core, lower back, hips and getting ready to drop “arse to grass”.

He started moving up and down, the weight light and easy to lift. He completed 12 reps and racked the bar, preparing to add more weight.

He added two 5kg plates to the bar and, again, prepared to set himself. He unracked the bar and started counting out reps.

“You’re using our squat rack.”

“The stick thinks he can squat.”

At first, Scott didn’t realise they were talking to him. As he dropped for his 9th rep, one of the pair grabbed the bar, pushing down on it preventing Scott from driving it back up. He tried, but he was pretty built, and strong enough to hold down Scott.

Scott didn’t know what to do. He couldn’t drive up, the only thing he could do is get out from under the bar.

The bar clanged against the stops set on the rack. Weights were dropped all the time, particularly on the heavy side, but this was at the squat racks, a relatively rare occurrence, and sounded fairly lightweight. It drew attention.

“I said, you’re using our squat rack.”

“What is your problem, dude?”

“Listen to the stick try and stick up for himself. My problem, DUDE, is you.”

“I don’t know what your problem is. I was a just trying to squat.”

The guy snorted. “You call that squatting? I lift more than that with my dick!”

“I guess you need to try and bulk up your tiny dick.”

“What the fuck did you say to me?”

The guy and his friend both stepped into the rack, standing over Scott, who was still on the floor, towering over him. Scott noted that they were both fairly well built, and at least one of them was strong enough to prevent him from rising up from the squat position. And they were both menacing him. For the first time Scott realised he might be in trouble.

“Scotty, you okay?”

“Brad! Hey mate, no, I was squatting and–“

At the sound of Brad’s voice, Tweedledee and Tweedledum stepped out of the squat rack and were trying to slink away, unnoticed.

“It’s alright mate, happens to the best of us, it–“

“No, you misunderstand. I was squatting and these two,” he pointed out Dee and Dum, “held down the bar and prevented me from rising up so I had to drop the bar. They were saying stuff like this was their squat rack and as you came up I’m not sure what they were going to do to me…”

As Scott explained, Brad’s face darkened menacingly. He turned his attention to the two hapless wannabe bullies. They both blanched, the blood draining from their face. They were both built, but Brad was a tank. And, right now, that tank looked like it was ready to run them over.

“Well? What do you have to say for yourselves?”

They stammered and stuttered.

“ENOUGH!” Roared Brad, so loudly and angrily that even Scott was scared. Brad put two fingers to his mouth and whistled loudly. Presently two behemoths almost as large as Brad arrived, Scott blushed when he recognised one of the men as Tony from the sauna.

“Now, this is more like it. You’ve both got, what, 30kg on Scott? And two of you and one of him. Now, we’ve each got 30kg on you, and three of us and two of you. Those odds seem fair, right?”

They babbled mostly incoherently, something about they made a mistake, they weren’t trying to intimidate him. But mostly incoherent babbling.

“Boys, take these two outside and show them what happens to bullies in my gym.”

Tony grabbed the primary aggressor by the back of the neck and began half-pushing, half-dragging him to the exit. The other bodybuilder, who’s name Scott could not remember, did the same for the other guy, who continued to babble that it wasn’t his idea, he didn’t do anything… his babbling faded away as he was forced to the exit.

Brad reached a giant, vein covered arm down to Scott, helping him up. As he clasped Scott’s hand, Scott could feel the power behind the clasp, carefully controlled.

“Sorry about that. We don’t tolerate that sort of behaviour around here. They won’t bother you, or anyone else, again.”

“Thanks,” said Scott, gratefully.

“Any time. I haven’t seen Jake around, you here on your own?”

“Yeah, Uncle Jake couldn’t come in tonight and he said I should work out consistently and regularly to ensure gains, so I thought I’d come and work out by myself.”

“Good for you, kid. That sort of commitment will definitely get you gains. Would you allow me to train you?”

“Really? That would be… awesome. Yeah, totally.”

Brad spent the next hour and half working with Scott, giving him some pointers, spotting him, and pushing him just as hard as Uncle Jake had, if not harder.

Only after he was totally spent and knackered did it occur to Scott that Brad probably wanted to be paid.

“Brad, thanks again. I’m a bit embarrassed, but I don’t have enough money to pay you today. I only brought $20 with me and $10 of that went to the casual entry fee.”

Brad laughed, his deep, resonant laugh so incongruous with his menacing look. “I don’t expect any payment, today or ever. I already said to you the other day, any friend of Jake’s is a friend of mine. I owe Jake.”

He didn’t elaborate and, even though Scott was curious, he didn’t question it further.

“That’s very nice of you, thank you.”

“No problem kiddo. Go and see Charlotte at the front desk, tell her I sent you, and that she should set you up with a membership.”

Scott’s mouth was agape. “No, I can’t accept that, that’s—“

“Nonsense, it’s my gym and if I want to give you a free membership, you’ll get a free membership.”

Seeing his flash of temper earlier, maybe it was best if Scott accepted the generous offer. “Thank you, that’s really appreciated.”

“Again, no problem. Before you see Charlotte, grab yourself a protein shake - need to feed those muscles and replenish your glycogen.”

“I will, thanks.”

“How did you get here today?”

“I rode my bike.”

“Aren’t you a little young for a motorbike?”

“No, my pushbike.”

“Committed, indeed. Good stuff. After your shower come find me and I’ll give you a ride home.”

Once again, he wondered what Uncle Jake had done for Brad for him to be so generous.

He finished his shake, received his membership fob from Charlotte (a TOTAL babe), and went to find Brad.

• Like 4

Amber and Jake are precious they both want things to work and if they dont they are gonna be adults about it.

Now we meet Jason.; Scott's dad and he has a secret. Man i swear you can do a story alone with Scott'S Journey and maybe Jason finally deciding to get in shape.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ro20316 said:

Amber and Jake are precious they both want things to work and if they dont they are gonna be adults about it.

Now we meet Jason.; Scott's dad and he has a secret. Man i swear you can do a story alone with Scott'S Journey and maybe Jason finally deciding to get in shape.

They do want things to work, and they say they'll be adults - but everyone says that in the beginning. ;)

Interesting point about Jason - have to admit, that particular plot had not occurred to me. He's had his brother as inspiration, maybe now with his son joining in, he might see the light. Maybe he needs more than just inspiration...

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

Brad loaded Scott’s bike in the back of his ute, strapping it down. Scott sat shotgun.

As Brad climbed into the driver’s seat, the entire cab dipped; he could almost hear the shock absorbers groaning on Brad’s side. He wondered idly how much he weighed.

“Where to, kiddo?”

“Unley.”

“Unley?” His eyebrows raised. “Nice. You started driving yet?”

“Not yet, I only turned 18 a few weeks ago. I’m still studying for my test.”

“Nothing to it, if a big lunk like me can get it on my first go, you’ll have no problem.”

“I don’t know. So many rules.”

“Bah, it all boils down to a few simple rules and the most important one. Don’t be a cunt.”

Scott laughed.

“Seriously. When you’re merging, it won’t make any difference if you’re the first car or the third car. When you’re stopped in traffic, letting someone in won’t make any difference. Don’t be a cunt.”

“Not sure I’d pass if I wrote that as the answer to every question,” he laughed. “But I can’t wait, I’m going to ask Uncle Jake to teach me.”

Brad laughed along with him, a deep, melodious, resonant laugh which Scott again noticed was not at all in keeping with his menacing look.

“Good luck with that kid. Jake will hand over those keys when hell freezes over.”

“Don’t be so sure. Uncle Jake’s just a big softie.” Like you, he thought, but did not say out loud.

“A big softie, you say? Yeah, I can see that. If he’s on your side, you’re set, but if you cross him, God, Allah, Yahweh, Buddha all combined won’t be able to help you.”

Interesting, he thought. He was learning things about Uncle Jake that he didn’t know.

Brad was built like a brick shithouse. Scott couldn’t even begin to guess at any of his stats, but they were all off the charts, no doubt. He was tall, about as tall as Uncle Jake so, say 6’3” or so, his shaved head was wrinkled - he wondered how he managed to shave it. He had cauliflower ears, indicating years of combat sports, as did the crooked nose, and scar running through his right eyebrow.

Some women have resting bitch face, Brad has resting scowl face. He constantly looked angry. But it was his imposing size that was the most menacing. His hands look like they could burst your skull, his forearms massive hams, covered with veins.

He did not have striations or much definition - he’d been reading up on bodybuilding terms - but his muscles were so big, that individual muscle bellies could easily be discerned. He had a barrel chest - Scott was absolutely certain he could not give him a bear hug - his arms could not encircle any part of his torso.

“How did you come to own the gym? It’s amazing!”

He laughed again. “Thanks, it’s a design your Uncle and I came up with, actually. He wanted somewhere where you could progress from a beginner, all the way up to a professional bodybuilder. It was my idea to split the weight room into two, for reasons you partly saw today - and I’m sorry about that. Us bigger guys have a reputation for intimidating others, especially newbies and women. To a large extent, it’s probably well deserved. A lot of blokes can’t handle their roids, or they take stacks that might put on some mass, but messes with their mind. Then you get the dickheads that think intimidating someone smaller and weaker than them proves something. Like those morons tonight.”

He got the feeling when Brad said they wouldn’t be bothering any else ever again, he meant that literally. Like sleeping with the fishes stuff. He recalled what Brad said about Uncle Jake, and you not wanting to be on the wrong side of him.

He was also surprised that Brad talked so openly about steroids. Scott thought they were a taboo, all the bigger guys pretending they were natural. Makes sense, he thought, getting caught dealing roids would not be pleasant. It was almost as though Brad was reading his mind.

“Let me give you some advice, kiddo. You WILL be offered steroids, at any gym eventually, but at mine, it’s a given. You should never feel pressured, or as though you need steroids to get big and strong - look at your Uncle for inspiration. The bloke’s a powerhouse, he can out-lift any one at that gym - me included - whether you’re talking one rep max powerlifting, or for reps, testing stamina. And he’s never touched roids. He’s also fit as fuck. I’ve seen him max out the cardio machines and barely raise a sweat. It’s a sight to behold, let me tell you. Someone like me gets on a treadmill and I’m huffing and puffing and sweating my arse off within minutes.”

“I’ve always been in awe of his fitness and strength. Not sure how he does it, really.”

“Hard work, kid. I said to you the other day not many blokes can keep up with his workouts - and that’s when he’s going easy on you. If he’s pushing for personal best, forget it. You could do much worse than use him as inspiration.”

He knew what Brad was saying about Uncle Jake was true, but it’s one thing knowing something, another having someone else confirm it for you.

Also, when did Uncle Jake design a gym?

• Like 5

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

Jake woke before Amber, the clock reading 4:02am, his morning erection tenting the covers. He was tempted to wake her and ravish her again, but instead, he lay watching her sleep, mulling over in his mind the events of the last few days. Last night was fucking mind-blowing, he thought. Mind blowing, and then some. He enjoyed sex, always got off, but this was getting off on a whole other level, a level he’d never experienced before, and he thought he’d experienced it all.

Getting out of bed, careful not to wake her, he prepared to head to the gym. Shit, shower, shave – well, maybe he wouldn’t shave and grow out a beard. He grabbed his meal-prepped breakfast as he head out the door; he’d eat it in the car on the way. He was supposed to have another session with Scott tonight. As much as he loved the kid, he was a hindrance to his workouts, slowing him down and significantly lowering the intensity, so he’d have to put in two sessions on days he trained with Scott for the foreseeable future.

The V8 roared to life. It was lucky he lived on a double block, and the closest neighbour was a three-quarters-deaf old Italian widow, no matter the day or night, his car or bike would not disturb her. Not that she would ever make a noise complaint. She loved having Jake as a neighbour and, truth be told, Jake loved having her as a neighbour too - they had a somewhat symbiotic relationship. Jake would help her with tasks around the house, and would mow her lawn and help tend her garden, while she often cooked for him and assisted him with meal prep.

When Jake first moved in, she would try and ply him with rich meals, cakes and desserts, offended when he would refuse. He was not obsessed with what he ate, being blessed with a fast metabolism meant he could lose fat relatively easily, but that did not mean he could gorge on her rich foods on a daily basis.

He sat her down and explained to her his desire to grow. But not grow fat, grow more muscles. She laughed and said that he was already “a stronger boy” and didn’t need more muscles, the girls would like him just the way he was (bless). He laughed and said they did, and he could’ve sworn she’d winked at him. He explained to her his meal prep, and that he had cheat days once a week, so he did not want to offend her, but he couldn’t accept her very generous, and delicious smelling, food offerings.

The next day, she had called him over, beckoning him to enter her home. He followed her inside, towering over her hunched form. She led him into her kitchen. Spread before her on the counter was a week’s worth of prepared meals. A perfect  bulking bodybuilding diet. Unlike Jake’s efforts, every meal was varied, there wasn’t a single repeated meal in the entire spread.

“I makea da meals. You eat. You eat and makea da muscles.” He didn’t even know her name.

“That’s very kind of you... Mrs?”

“Nonna. You likea my grandson Gino. I cook for him, before he die.”

“I’m sorry to hear that. But I can’t accept all this food… Nonna.”

“No! I make for you. You no eata the tiramisu, the panacotta, the lasagna. I makea da food you like. For the muscoli.”

“That’s very generous of you… Nonna.” It had felt odd calling a stranger, grandma. “At the very least, you’ll have to let me pay for the groceries, and let me help you around the house.”

“You no pay. You help Nonna. I cook. You eat.”

That is how it started. He’d managed to negotiate Nonna down to only prepping some of his meals. Anyone that has dealt with a determined, little old Italian woman knows, they’re not to be trifled with. Jake would rather take his chances against the toughest bruiser.

Despite Jake’s efforts, it remained a very one-sided relationship. Jake really did very little for his personal chef service. But Nonna felt safe and comfortable with Jake next door, especially since that one time Jake had scared off a would-be burglar. Scared off is what she thought, in truth, he’d pummelled the punk to within an inch of his life, hospitalising him. The police interviewed Jake about the burglary. He told them Nonna had called him scared out of her mind with someone breaking in, and he’d gone over and confronted some tweaked out druggie.

“Nonna?”

“Yes, Nonna, that’s what I call her.”

When he attacked Jake, he had defended himself and dropped him. The police looked sceptical, not that Jake dropped him, but that he’d been attacked, but it was Jake’s word versus the druggies and, besides, the druggie refused to press charges. Nonna made him a tiramisu trifle the next day as a thank you. “Today, you cheat and eata my thank you tiramisu.” How could he resist?

• Like 4

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

They pulled into Scott’s driveway. Brad turned off the engine and got out to unhook Scott’s bike.

“Thanks again for the lift– for everything, really.”

“Any time.”

Scott thought he should invite him in for a drink, it was the least he could do. Beer? Brad looked like a beer drinker.

“Come in for a drink. Beer? Wine? Scotch?”

“I could always use a drink. Sure, why not.”

Scott walked his bike to the garage, and entered the house through that entrance.

“Dad, Mum, I’m back. We have company.”

“Your mother’s not home. She’s at her sister’s. She should be back—”

Jason’s mouth literally fell open as he saw Brad.

“Dad, uh, Jason, this is Brad. Brad, Jason. My dad, obviously.”

Brad smirked, well aware of the effect he had on people. Brad held his hand out, waiting for Jason to shake. “Brad, nice to meet you.”

Jason’s hand was lost in Brad’s giant mitt. Despite his size and power, his handshake was perfect. Strong, but not overpowering.

“Come inside, sit down,” said Scott. “I’m just going to dump my things in my room, I’ll be back.”

Jason struggled. He struggled not to ogle. Struggled not to get aroused. Struggled to pay attention to what Brad was saying.

“— really quite dedicated. That he rode all the way to my gym to work out by himself–”

“Your gym.”

“Yeah, I’m one of the owners. I manage the place, seeing as I basically live there.”

“Your… wife must not like you being away from home so much.” Jason hadn’t meant to stumble on the word wife. But he prayed that Brad was hetereo. Maybe he hadn’t noticed.

Brad sure did notice. His features darkened, almost like with the bullies earlier.

“My wife died a couple of years ago. During the birth of what was to be my firstborn.”

Jason would’ve felt like a heel, except he was too busy being elated that Brad was heterosexual.

“So sorry to hear that, really,” is what he said. His tone suggested he wasn’t sorry at all, but ridiculously happy to hear that. Brad scowled. Thankfully, Scott interrupted.

“Sorry, Brad, I forgot to ask you, what would you like to drink?”

“Actually, I need to get going. I’ve got an early start tomorrow…”

“Oh. Okay. Thanks again for the ride.” Scott was confused.

“No worries, kiddo. Say g’day to JAKE for me next time you speak to him.” The emphasis on his brother’s name was not lost on Jason, but the subtlety was lost on Scott.

“I will, but you’ll probably see him at the gym before I do.”

“Yeah, probably.”

He saw Brad out, waiting for him to drive away before going back inside, closing the door behind him.

“What was all that about?” He asked his father.

“No idea. I guess he had an early start tomorrow.”

Scott was not convinced.

• Like 3

Oh Jason, you got it bad buddy and his internal homophobia is EXTREME.

Im sure Jake and Brad will have a chat about Scott in the gym. 

Things are going pretty good for everyone.

• Like 1